Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Camry Suspension Question.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Camry Suspension Question. Tue, 10 February 2004 11:01 Go to next message
If I wanted to put a new set of shocks in a 1990 Toyota Camry , CS EFI twincam , 2.0L 3SFE motor. Would I need just inserts , or sealed strut units?
  Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Tue, 10 February 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you talking coilovers or normal shocks?
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Normal shocks , kyb shocks to be precise.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can probably buy either, depending on the manufacturer; to suit a 1990 Camry. My personal preference is for sealed units, Koni to be exact !
I believe sealed units will last longer and perform better overall than just inserts.
Cheers,
Mitch.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2004 07:02]

DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the stock struts , are they able to be opened via a screw peice and have the old shock removed and a KYB insert put in...

OR

Must they be removed and be replaced by KYB's in sealed shock/strut units.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2004 12:12] by Moderator

ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bite your tongue Nod

CHiMPY
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BAHAHAHAHA

you lot are seriously crazy..

Is it that hard to answer DiZ's question..?

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2004 07:46]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bite your tongue too Nod

CHiMPY
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
considering its my car SMT i dont think thats a good idea.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DiZ_ wrote on Wed, 11 February 2004 18:34

I'm gonig to make the question simpler to stop people waffling about crap that is not relavent.

Me and ra23celica are just trying to help, if he was smart he would ring KYB and get the answer instantly Smile.
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well your answer was relevant smt , as coilovers have a different answer to the question and as you didn't know it was chimpy fags car I was asking for. Very Happy

As for mr ra23 , he talked about being able to BUY both , said he personally liked sealed units , then started talking about konis.

No exactly the answer to the question.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2004 10:27]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Diz - i think youll find that there are two perfectly good attempts at answers above... just because they dont answer your question straigt away, or perhaps misinterpreted it, doesnt mean they havent tried, and deserve to eat shit.

personally, i dont think youve explained yourself fully, in fact i dont think you are clear in yourself as to what youre exactly asking. perhaps some clarification is required?

theres no need to be condesending without first even attempting to clarify. and to ra23celica and smt_007 : try and hold back the slanging yeah? i know you didnt deserve an earful, but just try and bite your tongue Smile

cheers
ed
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Wed, 11 February 2004 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 - I personally know Chimpy hes a good mate of mine, we are just mucking around Smile.

Will Chimpys car get lowered springs?, or will it just get replaced shocks?.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 February 2004 21:12]

CHiMPY
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Thu, 12 February 2004 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Thu, 12 February 2004 08:08

ed_ma61 - I personally know Chimpy hes a good mate of mine, we are just mucking around Smile.

Will Chimpys car get lowered springs?, or will it just get replaced shocks?.

i'll lower it at the same time

no point in half doing a job..
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Thu, 12 February 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 and Moderator (If you are not one in the same),
Thanks for feedback/reality check and moderation, and point noted, I will bite my tongue in future.
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Thu, 12 February 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll even be a 'sucker for punishment' try and help again as well.
The KYB cattle-dog I have lists the 1987-91 Camry sedan with *both* serviceable struts and sealed struts as replacement items. So, what do you have on that car ?
Mitch.
CHiMPY
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Thu, 12 February 2004 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Thu, 12 February 2004 13:52

I'll even be a 'sucker for punishment' try and help again as well.
The KYB cattle-dog I have lists the 1987-91 Camry sedan with *both* serviceable struts and sealed struts as replacement items. So, what do you have on that car ?
Mitch.

I think thats what diz was trying to establish.. Which of the 2 the 90 camry came with by default..
ra23celica
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Thu, 12 February 2004 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't tell you off-hand.
Save your internet costs, log off and call the local Toyota dealer, or Pedders / Monroe dealer. My bet is you have sealed McPherson strut units. Or try Toyota's national help line is 1800 252 097, have your VIN number and model code handy.
CHiMPY
Occasional Poster

December 2003
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Thu, 12 February 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celica wrote on Thu, 12 February 2004 14:12

Can't tell you off-hand.
Save your internet costs, log off and call the local Toyota dealer, or Pedders / Monroe dealer. My bet is you have sealed McPherson strut units. Or try Toyota's national help line is 1800 252 097, have your VIN number and model code handy.

Internet is a flat rate, so i would be just wasting money on a phone call Razz

Thanks though. I'll give them a ring later.
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Camry Suspension Question. Thu, 12 February 2004 05:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
front and rear are indeed McPhearson strut... (puts back workshop manual that hardly gets used)
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Re: Camry Suspension Question. Sun, 15 February 2004 09:28 Go to previous message
I have pedders lowered springs and upgraded to gas shocks in mine. Cool
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:bare matel resprays and panel work.
Next Topic:Engine conversion on TE72 (T-18)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:16:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051069259643555 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.