Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae824age
Occasional Poster

January 2004
100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Fri, 13 February 2004 03:40 Go to next message
Is it possible to use a 100kw 4age with 86kw TVIS manifold, 86kw computer and loom?

Would the performance of this setup be comparable to the stock 86kw motor?

Is it possible to use the 235cc injectors with this setup?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,
Chris
  Send a private message to this user    
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Fri, 13 February 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 100kw motor is a small port motor whereas the manifold on an 86kw is for a big port motor.

The two will not fit - you will have to use a 100kw manifold & cut / weld it if it's for RWD purposes.

As for the ECU, I think it can be done but don't forget both ECU's are slightly different, the 86kw ECU made to run the TVIS setup.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 February 2004 03:45]

ae824age
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Fri, 13 February 2004 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the quick reply,

i am planning to use it in an AE82 so the setup will be FWD. I understand the different between the big/small port heads, however will the TVIS manifold acutally bolt up to the 100kw motor without any hassles? I do not want to have to change the loom and computer in my AE82, i was told this method works, however i am seeking confirmation as i do not really trust the people at Adelaide Jap!

Will the performance be poor due to the mismatched components?

Thanks again for any help,
Chris
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Fri, 13 February 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it works with an adapter plate, but with the TVIS plate in there the bolts would need to be very long...
ae824age
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Fri, 13 February 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i will just get the computer and loom for $350...may as well do it properly Smile

How difficult is it to to change the loom over to a 100kw 4age??

ae824age
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Fri, 13 February 2004 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i will just get the computer and loom for $350...may as well do it properly Smile

How difficult is it to to change the loom over to a 100kw 4age for an AE82 corolla??

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Fri, 13 February 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty simple really.... get a friend who is experienced or knowledgeable with electronics.

Stick with the stock 100kW manifold, AFAIK it is a better design than the TVIS manifold, esp when bolted to a smallport motor. My thoughts are that the TVIS manifold would reduce performance.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Sat, 14 February 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The small/big port manifolds have the same bolt patterns. I'll be shameful and admit to actually bolting a smallport manifold on a bigport head once (I didn't look!) and then trying to work out why it wouldn't start Embarassed

The bigport computer seems the run a smallport motor fairly well, just use the correct manifold for the engine and leave the TVIS disconnected.
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Sat, 14 February 2004 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can vouch for the tvis computer loom running the smallport motor quite well.

My brother has this setup, use all the tvis sensors and it'll be run fine. We ran it on the smaller 185cc injectors and it's been running like a champ for almost 2 years.

It's not exactly babied around either, reason for the 100kw swap? Engine decided to snap a conrod, my brother claims he was just driving "normally" yeah right!

dodgydan
ae824age
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Mon, 16 February 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you say 'quite well' do you mean the performance is comparable to the original TVIS motor setup?

I see this option as easier than rewiring the loom for the 100kw computer + sensors..

Cheers,
Chris
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: 100kw 4age with TVIS manifold?? Mon, 16 February 2004 09:13 Go to previous message
It's easily quicker, more powerful than than the tvis motor.
I dunno about low rev drivability, but it seemed to behave when i got driven around in it once.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:need help quickly on 18rgeu rebuild
Next Topic:Rack freeplay? How to fix?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 19:08:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043799877166748 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.