Toymods » Tech & Conversions » need help quickly on 18rgeu rebuild

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

need help quickly on 18rgeu rebuild Sat, 14 February 2004 21:40 Go to next message
Ive got a block for a 18rgu and i have put the 18rgeu 88270 head on it. Ive set the cams to the right position with the little notches straight up and the lopes are pointing opposite directions to each other. My question is number 1 piston should be just a tad before top dead centre shouldnt it. If its on top dead centre the valve seams to hit the piston. is that right. Where should the marks on the middle cog on the timing actually be situated. How do i tell if i have it set up right as i dont have a book.
  Send a private message to this user    
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: need help quickly on 18rgeu rebuild Sat, 14 February 2004 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the keys on the balance and the crank should be straight up, put on the crank and oil pump drive gear with the chain already on there,

then slide on the cam drive gear, tighten to 6.0-70.kg-m {44-50.6 ft-lb} then put on the front cover/head ect
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: need help quickly on 18rgeu rebuild Sat, 14 February 2004 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats when i ran into trouble. I had the keyway on the crank straight up and i cant turn the cams as the valves are hitting. what could be wrong.
RA28midge
Regular

September 2002
Re: need help quickly on 18rgeu rebuild Sun, 15 February 2004 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you sure you have the right cams on each side? the lobes on No.1 should be sticking out away from each other at TDC.
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: need help quickly on 18rgeu rebuild Mon, 16 February 2004 09:45 Go to previous message
thansk for the help but ive solved the problem. was my silly fault.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:New Frankinstein turbo....
Next Topic:100kw 4age with TVIS manifold??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 11:37:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047380924224854 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.