Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
problems with my wiring, i think Sat, 14 February 2004 02:04 Go to next message
i wired up my 1ggte in my ra28 and the motor only seems to run when the key is held in the start position.

any ideas?

Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: problems with my wiring, i think Sat, 14 February 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does it die immediately when it drops back, or slowly sputter and die?
I'd be checking all your ignition wires first, double and triple check they're wired up correctly with no bridges.

if that doesn't work, it could be a problem in the ign barrel - I've heard of them breaking before, and the "on" position gets confused with the "start" position.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: problems with my wiring, i think Sun, 15 February 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i fixed the starter motor problem, the starter motor would keep running after the key was turned off.
the only problem now is when i strtat the car, it only runs while the key is on start, it must be a problem with the wiring for the ignition, i'm guessing the motor is thinking it is being turned off because there isnt a constant power source to either the ecu or the motor.
do you think itcould be a problem with the wire that runs from the air flow meter to the fuel relay? the wire should tell the fuel relay when to turn the pumps on, but its not connected, would it make a difference?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: problems with my wiring, i think Sun, 15 February 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds remarkably like you have stuffed up the ign power to the ECU etc..

turn the key to the ign/on position, and verify that you have power going to the ECU. if not, fix

Cya, Stewart
Kahless
Regular

December 2003

Re: problems with my wiring, i think Sun, 15 February 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
check the resistor on the ignition coil (if it has one) I blew that somehow and thats what it was doing to me. I replaced the ignition switch for nothing.
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: problems with my wiring, i think Mon, 16 February 2004 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure the ecu has the power. but it would explain it, if it didnt the motor wouldnt stay running.
i'm going to take out the whole loom, aort it and put it in properly, the guy i bought it of, cut some wires and didnt label them.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: problems with my wiring, i think Mon, 16 February 2004 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is westleigh

im goin to be in penrith today wiring up an sr20t in an l300

if u cant figure it out and want to pay me to look at it

seems like its a small job

call me on 0415 904 947

if u r near penrith i could possibly come
look at it this arvo
neat 20valve
Regular

March 2003
Re: problems with my wiring, i think Tue, 17 February 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check your fuel pump has power. hard wire it in and see if it runs. had the same prob with my 20v the fuel relay wasnt staying open. check your relay wiring

regards Craig
Andy_H
Regular

October 2003
Re: problems with my wiring, i think Sun, 22 February 2004 02:53 Go to previous message
its all good i fixed the problem, well temporarily any way, the car would only run the the key was on the ballast wire in the ignition, i just linked the ballast to the on position.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:K series motor questions
Next Topic:89 AE93 SX Corolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:39:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003931999206543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.