2T-G
18R-C
18R-G
21R-C
22R-C
4M pre 1976
4M post 1976

...this'll prove my friend wrong he he!

BTW - When did Mk2 Coronas have disk brakes? Was it from MX13 on?
....If anyone's got one PM me, thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 18 February 2004 03:39]

Send a private message to this user    
coronamark2
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

well i've got a mark2 mx13 its got disk brakes im pretty sure they all did Confused ?

ive put nothing but unleaded in mycar (ultimate 98 fuel)

and it loves it Very Happy
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd use unleaded fuel in all of the above, with the possible exception of the 18R-C, but then again if I had an 18R-C I wouldn't care about it so I'd put unleaded in anyway. Note that some engines will be much happier on premium unleaded (eg 18R-G) but you can probably get away with regular for most of them.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What the hell norbie? 2T uses leaded - well the one in my celica did. I don't know of any other applications for the engine.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
premium
all engines on premium
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 2T doesn't need lead because it has hardened exhaust valve seats, as do practically all Toyota engines with alloy heads. Remember Japan had unleaded fuel in the 70's, while we didn't get it until 1986. This means most pre-86 Jap engines are designed for unleaded fuel, but we ran leaded in them because that was all that was available at the time.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agreed. the corolla K motors are fine on unleaded from 1966 onwards. i've run my K motors on PULP for 8 years now. no valve seat problems, even with the abuse they get.
Cya, Stewart
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 18 February 2004 17:55

A 2T doesn't need lead because it has hardened exhaust valve seats, as do practically all Toyota engines with alloy heads. Remember Japan had unleaded fuel in the 70's, while we didn't get it until 1986. This means most pre-86 Jap engines are designed for unleaded fuel, but we ran leaded in them because that was all that was available at the time.

Ah, thankyou. Well I spent 5 months on LRP. Think of the money I could of saved.
acv17
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Types of petrol - old toyotas Wed, 18 February 2004 07:04 Go to previous message
Well it looks like i've opened a can of worms on that one! Just goes to show that we take a lot of things for granted.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Roll cage
Next Topic:N/A 2TG running 13's?2TG fans..we need ur support!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:58:11 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034990310668945 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.