Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kohoy
Regular

January 2004

Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 03:52 Go to next message
Just wondering if a roll cage / half cage is allowed on the road? If not, any special license or something would allow one?
  Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh, get it engineered.
kohoy
Regular

January 2004

Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, so if I go to a shop to make a roll cage, I should ask them for engineering cert for the cage or something?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you can actually register a car with a full cage in it. has some form of rally stipulation (full reg though)

T
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep
Evan_26
Regular

April 2003
Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Check the vic roads web site also.
It has the requirements for the cage. Eg where the cage comes down with the a-piller it must be within xx mm's of the piler and must be padded in xyz material.

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/vrninte.nsf/Li nkView/5706F4B2EF7FC965CA256B650022A299A0E6B550C59 A6444204A171BCD2A5F8F

Or goto http://www.vicroads.vig.gov.au
"Vehicle Standards Information" section and look at "Roll Bars and Roll Cages 28"

E
kohoy
Regular

January 2004

Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks guys... so I don't even need a engineer report if the roll cage is been made following the guideline.. hey Toby, how much do you charge to build a full cage for my car? Not doing to now... but just for reference...I'll leave the cage to the last stage...
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know you are in VIC, but in NSW, the main issue is with head contact.. the RTA have pretty diagrams showing how far away the base of the seat must be from the bars that go from B to A pillar.

usually a rear half cage is fine, even without engineering, and doesn't even have to be bolted in! to get a full cage requires engineer evaluation to make sure your head isn't going to get bounced around...

Cya, Stewart
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Roll cage Wed, 18 February 2004 07:53 Go to previous message
kelly,

prices on cages vary depending on how comprehensive. a 1/2 cage (4 point)may cost you ~$1000 for instance, a basic 6 point cage may be $1600. however, a full fia type cage in cro-mol could set you back as much as $9k.

T

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18rg chain guide resurfacing UPDATES
Next Topic:Types of petrol - old toyotas
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:53:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059740543365479 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.