Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Flywheel to suit 4A Wed, 18 February 2004 07:06 Go to next message
Wanted:

One 212mm flywheel from 7A-FE or 4A 20V (i think) to suit 4A-GZE and fit inside T50 bellhousing. From what I know this is the largest that will fit.

I am on the Gold Coast.

Ph. 0408 726 816

[Updated on: Thu, 19 February 2004 06:44]

Send a private message to this user    
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Fri, 20 February 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Somebody has to have one Confused
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Fri, 20 February 2004 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a 20v one...
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Sun, 22 February 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I have it?
How much you want for it?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Sun, 22 February 2004 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
make me an offer...
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Sun, 22 February 2004 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$50?

Where you located?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Mon, 23 February 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which one as the 7A/4AFE and 4AC are all the same but have six bolt holes vs the 4AGE's(all except very early)eight. B/T 20V are light weight.... all are the same size, regardless what you've been told for FWD applications... I use to use the 7AFE with a GZE dogbox and never changed a thing.... So which one do you need as I have a few.
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Mon, 23 February 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well from what I understood is that the 212mm clutch plate is the biggest that will fit inside the T50 bellhousing. Apparently these came from either the 7A or 4A 20V engines.
Im sure the GZE flywheel is too big to use so I need a smaller one.
Someone correct me if im wrong.
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Mon, 23 February 2004 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Well from what I understood is that the 212mm clutch plate is the biggest that will fit inside the T50 bellhousing. Apparently these came from either the 7A or 4A 20V engines.
Im sure the GZE flywheel is too big to use so I need a smaller one.
Someone correct me if im wrong.

No, the only difference is that the input shafts are a different size, not the clutch plate/flywheel, they all use the same diameter flywheel. As a racer, I'm always looking for the cheap bang for bucks and have tried every known rolla gearbox, now happy with the 6-spd. The only thing I've ever changed was the plate/thrust bearing due to the input shaft.
Bazooka
Regular

April 2003

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Tue, 24 February 2004 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Then why have I read that the GZE pressure plate will foul inside the T50 bellhousing?
I though this was because the clutch area was too big?
Putting the slightly smaller 20V one in gives clearance?
Now do all pressure plates mix and match with all different 4A flywheels?
Are you now saying I can get away with using a GZE flywheel and 20V or 7A cluth and pressure plate?
Johnny
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Flywheel to suit 4A Tue, 24 February 2004 07:59 Go to previous message
Quote:

Then why have I read that the GZE pressure plate will foul inside the T50 bellhousing?
I though this was because the clutch area was too big?

Dunno, Check the thickness and plate dia, as the GZE box I use, behind a 7A, fitted without changing a thing, just the clutches to suit the shaft dia... the starter even bolted straight up! which means same Dia Flywheels. I know that the 4AC,4AFE,4AGE(16V and 20V) and 7AFE all run the same clutches/clutch pattern, And the supposed GZE flywheel(came with g/box) I have, looks Identical to the 100Kw I have sitting on top it which also takes the same clutch. In any case, you'll need a GE flywheel, not the FE as the simple won't bolt up to the crank....different bolt patterns.
Dude, pull a tape across your flywheel and clutch plate and I'll do the same and then we can compare and go in the right direction, Is that cool? Cause I'm now wonder about this spare Flywheel...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB ra23 front guards
Next Topic:Wanted: Toyota Corona RT40 Bumpers & Rear Windscreen Rubbers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 18:34:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15312004089355 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.