Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
levos1
Regular

March 2003
MR2 Air filters Thu, 29 January 2004 06:59 Go to next message
has anyone put any air filters on a SW20 MR2 with any success??

i was thinking UNIFILTER, but there looks to be a hole in the engine cover right over the stock filter box???

and water might get to it??
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 29 January 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Correct me if I'm wrong, but unifilters are oil based? (do they make both types?)
In which case, oil based is bad for cars.
Stick with paper filter
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 29 January 2004 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We use "finer-filter" insert on our race MR2 (NA). No problem. it is washed out and "oiled" periodically.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 02 February 2004 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww on nice man,
yeah mine is the Bathurst (NA). i was thinking about buying either the Unifilter Rampod or K and N!
but i had a Uni on my Celica and loved it, but have since heard that the K'N are better for flow?
iam torn!??!!
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 03 February 2004 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a K&N pod on my N/A sw20, haven't had any problems with it (sounds good too! Very Happy) The Unifilters will drip oil if they do get wet, so prob not a good idea for the 2. Good idea also to try n place the filter as close to the side vent as possible for more cold air.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 05 February 2004 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I bought a K'N the other day,
whats your fuel consumption like? iam still on my first tank with the filter but it seems to be a bit less than usual??

what other mods have you done to your MR???
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 05 February 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anything i'd think it would be a little more than usual, but it depends how much u like to hear the 3S sing Rolling Eyes
Haven't done much in terms of engine mods, i've thought about it heaps tho and decided rather than spend ca$h now on working the standard motor i'd wait til i'd do an engine swap
How about urself?
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 05 February 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a 91mr2 na.I completely removed all the airbox assembly,i originally made up a custom intake pipe that i positioned as far as i could get down near the side vent out of pvc pipe,i used one of those $40 rampod filters from auto1.But it was a bit restrictive due to the amount of bends i used to get it in the right position,so i went to my exhaust shop and got them to make up a piece of pipe using 3inch stainless(so it can be polished).They sound awesome with a rampod,the induction noise outdid my exhaust for awhile,but only until i upgraded the exhaust to a full new system.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 06 February 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have only had mine for just over a month,
took it to Toyota for the 100K service, then put in a Daiken clutch.
only done minor mods like clear side indicators, Phillips Blue Vision globes, want to do the gearnob and steering wheel, and eventually 18's!
is that your red one in your photo??
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 06 February 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do the polished intake pipes affect the flow of air at all???

i heard that all the pipes etc on the intake were specially designed to flow air in certain directions? and am a bit hesitant to fuck around with it? does yours work alright???!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 06 February 2004 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If anything it would be totally unrestricted now.It's 3inch pipe,which is alot bigger than the standard size.It is very straight with only 1 mandrel bend so that the pod fits snug down near the vent.The intake noise is awesome.However i have heard rumors that intake pipes are certain sizes and have regultaors in them to make them flow right.But i've got no problems,it really opens the top end up.Also i've always had a stutter/flat spot around 4500-5000,it's very noticable,but now it's not so much.
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 08 February 2004 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep that's my 2 in the pic
levos1, what u said about the intake pipes being specially designed is on the right track, but manufacturers usually design them to have better throttle response and less intake noise, for example have a look at ur stock piping and u'll notice a small plastic box that comes off the piping after the air box (changing the size of this effects power and response as well).
WOW16V, what r the specs on ur exhaust? I've been lookin at changing mine. Also all N/A 2s have that flat spot u mentioned
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 08 February 2004 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Genie extractors,full 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent,using factory cat and with a big cannon.Bloody loud,if you cain it,but sounds sweet
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 08 February 2004 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have a green gen 3 mr2 sw20 Bathurst. we got rid of the air reserve box and ran a straight pipe in to the original air box which now has a k&n panel filter this way the only thing we have changed is gotten rid of all the bends before the actually filter. Then the pip coming out of the bottom is metal it runs to the air vent on the side for great CAI setup.
Cheers matt.
It sounds good and has helped in pick up.Smile
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 09 February 2004 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kinda performance differences have u noticed with the zorst? Have u done any other engine mods?
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 09 February 2004 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
like all na engine mods.The gains are small,thats the difference between na and turbo.The exhaust opens up the tope end and overall allows the car to breathe and accelerate easier.I'm getting a greddy e-manage computer installed in the next few weeks,so i will gain some more driveability with that.At the moment i deciding whether to ditch the 3sge and put the 3sgte in it.Beleive me the trubo mr2s are weapons.Goto the "avo turbo world site" it has some upgrade parts for the na and turbo mr2.I was going to get some head work done/cams and adjustable cam gears along with a bigger throttle body,but thats only if i decide not to turbo it.

Matt20v - So your the one that owns the green mr2 that i see around north richmond all the time.You would see mine a fair bit aswell.I've got the same color as you,but mines a 91model,so it doesn't have the mad lights or the better engine.Its easy to recognise,i've got 18"gold mags and DROOLN plates which are soon to be MR MR2 plates

Cheers Adrian
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 11 February 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice Nice!

i got the K&N filter and left the bottom of the stock box in for the moment. i have some silver cold air ducting pipe that i want to run from the side vents also,

has anyone else got this sound. it is really wierd, when i accelerate and then completely back off, the filter makes like a brake squeal noise?? it is wierd? bit annoying!?? i think it mite have something to do with the box that is plumbed in??

All the MR2 guys should get together checkout eachothers rides??
swap hints etc!

levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 11 February 2004 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senor_2

what size are your wheels? what type are they? i reckon the mesh look mad on MR2's, the car looks hot man!
have u lowered it too??
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 12 February 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The meeting up idea is a good one,i'd be up for that.I've got a noise in my mr2,but i'll be buggered if i know what it is.I can hear it both sides,i think it has something to do with those vents up near the glass.

I don't have a pic of my car,but mesh mags look sweet on my mr2 as well.I've got gold 18" 5sigen heidfield.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 12 February 2004 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEAH!!

how do the 18's go man??? i really want 18's althought they are still a bit away!!
i think mesh is definitely the go, bit of class bit of race!
did u roll the guards, is ur MR lowered??? How wide did you go??
you get insurance and all that????
cheers man!
hurry up and get pics!!
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 13 February 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man, dunno how u could really tell from the small pic i got on there, although all sw20s look hot Very Happy
The rims are 17*7 BBS with 215/40 and 235/40 tyres, it's been lowered 2" and the rear guards have been rolled.
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 14 February 2004 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not sure with the exact details on my car.i was fortunate to buy it with most of the stuff already on the car.I think it's ,lowered maybe 1 1/2 inch,possibly 2,but i've got no trouble with scrubbing or anything like that.I've got 215/35 18's on the front and 235/40 18's on the rear.Only downside is that the previous owner lived out near engadine down some treacharous roads.He has buggered the 2 front rims.Front left is buckled and has a huge chunk out of the rim and the right one is buckled/flatspotted in a few places.The funny thing about this is that the car drives sweet,with no steering wheel vibration.So i haven't been in a rush to fix them,but they look nasty and let the overall appearance of the car down.

I just got my greddy e-manage computer yesterday,so my mr2 will be receiving some big upgrades soon

Cheers Aj
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 16 February 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

eh man do you find it hard to drive the car with the wide wheels???

seems everyone has 18's i mite have to go 19's.
i have been lookin up an old hot4's issue with defect in it, to see what he has done etc. fuck that car is hot!

i want to put an air/fuel guage where the cigarette lighter is!
madness!
anyone done anything like this?? know how hard it is??
cheers!
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 16 February 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I put in an a/f gauge where the lighter used to live, wasn't that tricky really. The bits that took the longest was getting to the signal wire from the oxygen sensor and filing/sanding the hole where the lighter was as the standard size autometer gauge is a tad larger
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 16 February 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aww so there is a bit of fucking around eh???

is it worth it tho???

i still wanna do it, but i dunno. maybe a better one to go in there??
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 16 February 2004 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldn't go 19's,too big.I've only got 18's cause they were the wheels on the car when i bought it.Remember you will have to compromise tyre profile to fit 19's.Maybe 35 series or even 30 to get them to fit properly.My car drives ok,it's not perfect and smooth,but that'll have to do.If you've got bad roads forget it.

DEFECT was a made car,but that car has diassapeared due to certain circumstances.

I've got two gauges in my car,they are the autometer lunar a/f gauge and the ultralite vacuum.i'm gonna sell the vacuum one and get a lunar boost one.Trust me the lunar gauges look unreal at nite.

Cheers Adrian
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 16 February 2004 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say it was worth it, especially if u can do it all urself, that whole feeling of accomplishment is good Razz
The only other gauge that I could think of that would be better would be a boost one hehe, speaking of which....
WOW16V, what mods are u planning on adding along with ur emanage? Planning on adding a 'T' to the 3S-GE??
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 16 February 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh Yeah!!!.I definately want a T next to my 3SGE.If you have ever been in a turbo mr2,they are unreal,total road weapons.

I picked up the e-manage for $400,absolute bargain.It's gonna cost me $400-$450 to get it fully installed and tuned by Hills motorsport/Flyn performance.Now depending on what the tuners say about the condition of my engine will decide whether i go for a turbo or not.

As for gauges,i love the greddy gauges and also hks.If you watch fast n furious 2 you will see in the skyline and the s2000 how they look at night,totally awesome.But at $300plus for each gauge,forget it.Go and get the autometer ultralite lunar gauges,they glow a nice deep (el dial)green
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 17 February 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know a few guys with turbo 2s, a couple of them have got the gen III engine as well, lucky sons of....
Have u thought about doing an engine swap rather than adding a turbo to the N/A motor? Would prob be better in the long run man.
The e-manage u got would be a nice mod, if u were to go as far as adding cams, bigger injectors, maybe a quick clean up of the ports, u would prob see upto 150kw at the flywheel.
The newer Omori gauges are nice too, but also very expensive

Keep us updated on the progress of ur mods too man I'd be very interested
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 17 February 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would do a full engine swap if i had the money,but it is a huge job and would cost alot of money.I'm thinking of just doing a budget turbo set-up.

Option1.Metal head gasket,3sgte injectors,standard mr2 turbo and manifold and standard intercooler,cross drilled vented rotors

option2.3sgte pistons and rods (maybe a 3sgte head swap)meatal head gasket 3sgte injectors,standard mr2 manifold/high flowed ct26,custom intercooler(s15 or something smallish)

levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 17 February 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does anyone know if the gearbox and diff and all the running gear etc are the same for the GT as for the NA ones?
so if you were to do an engine swap they could cope with the extra power??
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 18 February 2004 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah the gearboxes etc are different in the turbo models, but because of the layout of the engine it would be easier to swap out the engine and gearbox at the same time (just like a fwd car)
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 18 February 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think i will get the Lunar Air/Fuel guage!
how much did you pay for yours???

how do i find the O2 sensor to get the signal???
The cigarette lighter will have to be sacrificed!!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 18 February 2004 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forget the cigarette lighter,how the hell are you going to see the gauge clearly.My two gauges are mounted in chrome cups slightly left of the middle air vents on the top of the dash.

As for wiring,i took the car to the auto electricians,he found a wire that was picking up the 02 sensor signal near the diagonistic terminal,it might of actually been a wire that was part of the diagnostic terminal block.
any way he wired up 2 gauges with power.He only put the vacuum gauge on the factory dimmer control and left the lunar gauge at full brightness,for some reason when we put the lunar gauge of the dimmer control,it did not go very bright,but when it was off the dimmer,super bright.All up it cost me $50.I had the gauges allready mounted up and the wires were sitting behind the air vents,so that took out most of the labor,also the vacuum gauge was hooked up and running already,just had no light for nite time.It was a real bitch to run,cause the nylon tubing kept get bent and kinked,so i had to use copper tubing.

If you want to see what the lunar gauges look like,then come see what mine looks like,they are very expensive though.Thats the down side.Mine was almost $200 for the 2 1/16 (the smaller type) it was $187 i think.But they look unreal and i'm glad i bought it.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 February 2004 05:17]

levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 18 February 2004 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man!
sounds cool!
maybe we could get all the guys with the MR2's together sooner.

anyway where u at tho???
i really wanna check out the lunar guages in action!!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 18 February 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm out near richmond/windsor.It's actually glossodia but no one knows where that is so it's easier to say a generic town so you know roughly where i am.

Also i'm upgrading my stereo soon to a very nice custom setup.My existing equipment will be up for sale soon,if you or someone you know want a system for their mr2 then let me know.
It consits of a rockford fosgate punch 301m amp,it's a monoblock sub amp,330wrms birthsheet,and i've got 2 10" earthquake db+series subs in custom boxes trimmed in black.These fit behind the drivers and passengers seat,straight fit and look bloody damn near factory
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 18 February 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Why u getting rid of the stereo gear???
did u make the custom boxes??
how do the 10's sound in the cabin?? what music u listen too? do u get enought base?? i listen to rap mostly and am used to big base from my previous ride.
Sad to see my Rockies go this Avo though!!!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Wed, 18 February 2004 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The sub boxes were custom made by INCAR at windsor,I listen to all types of music,i don't have a specific taste.My system is tuned at the moment for sound quality.With such a small cabin,having huge bass would be very loud an annoying.So i've opted for a sq setup.But if you want huge bass,then just set it up for big bass.Remember though that 10's are more punch and tighter than 12's and 15's.So low bass notes don't sound as defined and clear.But for an mr2 10's are really all you can fit,and thats why i got 2 instead of 1.

Reason for upgrading is i'm getting a custom enclosure done,something really spectacular and i've got some 10" typeR alpines to go in.The alpines require a lot of power and the 300wrms from the rockford monoblock is not enough.so i need to get a bigger amp as well to power them.The equipment is only 7months old and i have all the boxes/receipts as well.

cheers Adrian
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 22 February 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah man,

how much are you selling the boxes for?
iam mite be interested,
do you have any photos??
what are the boxes coated with etc??

do you have to adjust your seating position at all??
where do you put the roofs????
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 22 February 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah so i got my guage!!!
how do i find the O2 sensor???
how hard is it to run????
Cool
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 22 February 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Completely wrong place to put this, as this is a thread on air filters, but its about MR2's so I thought I'd ask here. When you take the glass on the Targa out, where do they go? Are there mounts in the boot(...bonet) for them? I'll hopefully have an SW20 in the next few weeks, so I might come and meet up too Very Happy

[Updated on: Sun, 22 February 2004 07:02]

Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 22 February 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
levos1, the best way to find the o2 sensor is to jack up the rear of the car, get underneath, follow the exhaust pipe from the muffler, u should find the sensor between the cat and the flex pipe

Alchemist, there is space behind the seats for the roof panels (as well as straps to hold them in place), there is also room in the boot for them if u have subs behind the seat etc
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 23 February 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds good i can bring 4 mr2 sw20 turbos to the party... post up when i wiull be there will bells on.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 23 February 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah,
do u think that is the best way to do it or can u get it off the computer??
i want all the electrics to be in the cabin, and dont really want to fuck around with running 1 cable through grubs etc?? maybe that is the only way to do it?
but i thought u could jack it straight of the Computer!

Yeah lets get the MR2 boys together!
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 23 February 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason i ran the wire straight off the sensor is coz the ecu is located in the boot, i already have enough cabling running to the boot for my amp; it's really upto urself coz u will be basically splicing into the same wire, whether it's at the sensor or the ecu.

Any ideas as to when the get together will be?
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 23 February 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levos-yes you can still place the targas behind the seats,the boxes are in black carpet,it fits so well.Best way to see what they look like is to see them when the mr2boys meet up.As for price,i dont want to givem away,so throw me up an offer.

The o2 sensor like i said can be spliced up off the diagnostic terminal,honestly if you want to make sure you have the right wire take your car to an auto electrician,get him to find the 02 sensor wire for you.Then you can wire it up yourself if you want to save money.The computer is in the rear boot,so i think the diagnostic terminal is the best location.The grommet into the cabin is located behind the drivers side rear wall,you need to remove the carpet and it will be right there.Also did you get the lunar or just plain???

EVERYONE-I'll organise the get together if you like.what does everyone want to do/ideas.I was thinking lets go upto katoomba/three sisters.It's a pretty cool drive up there,and then it gives us something else to do besides standing around for 4hrs.We can either have a bbq or eat at the 3sisters,if you aren't scared of heights we can even take the train down the cliff,also theres an edge theatre up there as well,it's similar to the IMAX at darling harbour,just not as big.At the 3sisters its got a nice car park,so we can group shots etc.And finally we need to make sure the time/date suits everyone.

Cheers Aj

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2004 07:28]

levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 23 February 2004 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blue mountains sounds a bit far tho bra???

good idea.....
maybe a bit closer for the first meeting?
nah i bought the Phantom, didnt want to spend 260 on the guage the does nuttin!! heheh!!

didnt want it to take over the dash either

wanna get wheels!!!!
and TV's!! hehehehe!!
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Mon, 23 February 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mr2 ppl, the bathurst mr2 had which engine gen2 3sge?, or gen3 3sge?, thanx Smile.
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 24 February 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be a gen 3 in the bathurst

How's the gauge install goin levos1?
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 24 February 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sup Senor_2

yeah the guage is mounted and lookin schweet!!
i worked out the power issue. had the power and ground around the wrong way, so it lites up but does nuttin!! Looks sick tho!

i got a 3 pin plug from the electric dick!! and that is goin in for easy removal of the trim!

now all i need is to get the 02 sensor crankin!

where is everyone located?? so we can get this MR MR cruise crankin!!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 24 February 2004 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im in penrith... i will cruse anywhere im easy just give some notice... so i can get some other guys with 2's together hopefully...
also sunday is a top day for me and normally others as well.

by the way the 3 sis idea not bad at all havent done that in years...
if not what about somewhere like sunny terrigal, I did read in another toymods post that there is a cruse to terrigal soon with toymods and twincam.org maybe we should all plot along. just a
suggestion!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 24 February 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
owh by the way i think a whole lot of u may be intrested...(not me.... standard detailing for me all the way)

toyota penrith are very soon to realase the clear tail lights for the mr2 (sw20) there is the normal clear and then the black backing with the clear cover (i think those ones look sweet) toyota sent me an image i cant uplaod asd im at work... just email toyota penrith for the image

i think the price is $320 for the pair... for more info just email them.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 24 February 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yeah terrigal sounds the goods!

perfect for the Targa!!
we find out when the rest of the guys are cruisin up there!!
WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Tue, 24 February 2004 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joining the toymods/twincam.org cruise is a good idea,it's already planned,so we don't have to organise.I'm out near richmond and i'm prepared to go anywhere just as long as there are more than 2 cars going.

MR.2 - i've seen the clear tailights ages ago,a guy on the mr2club forums put a pic up and said he was getting a bulk order from a company in the u.k.He wanted a ridiculous $800 for them.Someone mentioned that toyota was going to be selling them soon,but everyone was to eager to critise,without proof.But after hearing this from you,hopefully it will happen.I prefer the black chrome style compared to the rest,they look more factory suited to the car.Do you know if you can pre-order them yet???

Cheers Aj
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 26 February 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Does anyone know where to get the clear front corners and how much they are??
there was work about getting them direct from toyota?? is that correct??
iam debating weather to put them in or not??
do you guys have any pics of the tail lights?? just interested??

-Guage is in! all mounted with plug! need to jack signal from 02 sensor and it will be blazin!
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Thu, 26 February 2004 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone else with the Bathurst rear lights-
I was wondering, do both of the rear circles light up when the lites are on?? because mine, iam pretty sure only the outside lite up, but when u put the brakes on the inside ones lite up!???

The reason i ask is cause i saw a Black MR last nite and am pretty sure he was just driving (didnt have his brakes on as he went past me) and he seemed to have all 4 lites on???
Maybe i have some globes out??
cheers guys let me know
Senor_2
Regular

September 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Fri, 27 February 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
With the Bathurst tail lights all the Aussie models will light up like urs do; if u see a 2 with all four lights on it's either an import, been re-wired, or the updated tail lights have been installed on a <94 model (like mine Very Happy)

With the clear corners they can be bought from Toyota brand new (as they came on the last series), but were pretty expensive last time i checked. I'm still lookin at getting a set so if ur interested let me know, maybe we can organise some kinda discount or something if we by a couple sets
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 28 February 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok nice one!!!

i think i will re-wire mine then!

so u think i jack the power off the other lites then!!
oh yeah and do u know how much the clear corners are!!

could be interested!!

so we all hitting up the terrigal cruise then!!!!

WOW16V
Regular

May 2002
Re: MR2 Air filters Sat, 28 February 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i'm up for that terrigal cruise
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: MR2 Air filters Sun, 29 February 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message

fuck it!!
getting really pissed off with the Air/fuel guage now!

gotta get my auto electrician to look at it!!
how does the power run back and forth, through grubs and stuff??

cause i want the cabling to be as stock as possible!!

Fuck!
i dont really want to leave my car with anyone to do that sorta shit!
i want it done properly!
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Studies on Slick 50 (or others)??
Next Topic:Grp A bumper - is this bit I broke important?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 14:26:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081448554992676 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.