Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 12 February 2004 10:01 Go to next message
I was going along a main road in the ma70 today. I pulled up alongside an old VL, with hsv stickers on it, it sounded tricked up. Didnt "really" sound like a 308...but may have been. SO the tool starts revving it up...thought to myself "fuck it" Shouldnt be doing it yet, but, what the hell. So i put the old thing into power mode and let loose when the lights turned green...to my surprise i ate him off the line...i beat him to the next traffic lights about 600m away, and let him go on from there in shame.
Im still wondering how i beat him...I know he was giving the old thing a caining too...

BTW its a fully rebuilt 7MGE in n/a ma70.

[Updated on: Thu, 12 February 2004 10:02]

Send a private message to this user    
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 12 February 2004 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No No No
He = Tool
You = Legend
He probably only had a VL 6, and just put all the badges on it and an exaust. Either that or he is just a shit driver. Laughing

Still, power to Toyota! Very Happy
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 12 February 2004 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even thogh its an NA they still go hard. Evil or Very Mad
I wouldn't be surprised if it was a V8 they dont go for shit when they are stock. I had a VP commodore 5L V8 and I got smashed by a Sprinter with a 4AGZE, Shocked didnt mind though cause I love those little beasts!!! Very Happy
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 13 February 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most commodores sound a lot meaner/faster than they actually are, once my 3T goes in i'm gonna stick it to them good Evil or Very Mad
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 13 February 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mates vl v6 with a few small normal mods ate a walkie down the 1/4..... maybe the walky missed a gear.. but it was still funny to watch
but yeah, they can sound like v8's with just the 6's and exhaust so be careful of that
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 13 February 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I choped a VY ss ute today but when I got to 140kph I backed of and the fool came past me like he was trying to set a land speed record.
Oh what a feeling TOYOTA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 13 February 2004 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there wasnt such a thing as a HSV when Vls were in prime-

they are nissan powered, as you all know.... apparantly the VL turbos are mean. all auto however...

except the ex-police ones. manual turbos, pretty nasty. handle really well too apparantly....

ill be happy if the 5mte goes head to head with a vl turbo Very Happy
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 13 February 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I understand it, the R31 does a lot better for handling with the same RB30ET engine that the VL has.
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 13 February 2004 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Sat, 14 February 2004 01:14

As I understand it, the R31 does a lot better for handling with the same RB30ET engine that the VL has.

yep, and an r31 is slightly quicker than a VL- both manual...

holden just shittified the rb30e i guess... Evil or Very Mad
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 13 February 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it IS a Holden. Pah.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the VL DID actualy have a V8 model.

[Updated on: Fri, 13 February 2004 14:21]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Sat, 14 February 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes...many of them. Brock models, WIlkinshaws. group a's
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Sat, 14 February 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Sat, 14 February 2004 11:53

yes...many of them. Brock models, WIlkinshaws. group a's

wilkinshaws? Shocked
oh wait... toyota forums Razz
that explains alot Rolling Eyes
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Sat, 14 February 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, wilkinshaws are worth a fortune.
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Sat, 14 February 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh... thats probably coz they dont exist? Razz
VL group A=wAlkinshaw Wink
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Sat, 14 February 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartass..ok well i spelt it wrong Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Sat, 14 February 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was actually 4 as far as i know..

the walkingshaws - which made by the same guy - tom walkingshaw who until recently owned the arrows F1 team. They were hotted up Homologation models for the Group A touring car series

The Group A's made by holden , a modified SS version( made then by holden as they gave brock the arse - read below )

The SS's - pretty nice and hard to come by.

And the little known HDT ones Smile

The aero's and Directors were the last of the brock commodores - famous for the "polariser " box ..

So there you go ..

[Updated on: Sat, 14 February 2004 11:46]

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Mon, 16 February 2004 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could get 5spd turbo calais from the factory and 5spd turbo S/L's.

Rare as though.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Tue, 17 February 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same with VK Calais. Apparently (as I've heard) there were only ever 75 manual VK Calais V8's released from the factory.
Apparently.

And there are lots of V8 VL's driving around
Most of them are ex-pursuit with FE2 (I think), 2.77:1 LSD, disc to disc. and a few other mods
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 19 February 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've heard the V8 on the VL is one of the worst in commodores, because holden were forced to convert to ULP, still good to see you beat what was probably a pretty stock VL, altho i might be wrong.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 19 February 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VL V8's are not too bad - I've seen and ex-cop VL with a modded V8 do an easy 12 sec 1/4 mile.

And the RB30 6 cyl aren't too bad - my brother had one with some light mods (chip, extractors) but still an auto, and it would beat my manual 7m-ge powered ma70 in a straight line no worries. That said my car was using 4lt of oil per 500km's at the time Laughing
Once in the hills I left him for dead! Sure the Supra's are heavy, but they handle beautifully. By the time we reached the city his brakes were on fire but my car was good as gold.

Everyone bags VL's, but they're not bad cars. Better than the early VN's. Just some drivers give them a bad reputation. And they're piss easy to break into/steal. The VN/VP/VS 5Lt, fuel injected V8 is something special though. Easy 12 sec 1/4 miles with a cam change and some other minor mods. Lovely engine.....
Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 19 February 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure the turbo VLs were quicker than the v8s....

the cop we know said with the FE2 suspension, 10-13 psi boost and manual gearbox, the VL turbos were the best cop cars ever used.... Confused
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 19 February 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I understand it, an R31 not only has the same engine, but with a better suspension setup and what have you. So if you want a VL Commodore, you're better off getting a Skyline. Although I think the VLs look about 10 times better than the R31s. Oh and the RB30ET had a lot more power than the V8 (I think it's like, 122kw for the V8, and 150kw for the Turbo) so yeah.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 19 February 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Fri, 20 February 2004 01:03

As I understand it, an R31 not only has the same engine, but with a better suspension setup and what have you. So if you want a VL Commodore, you're better off getting a Skyline. Although I think the VLs look about 10 times better than the R31s. Oh and the RB30ET had a lot more power than the V8 (I think it's like, 122kw for the V8, and 150kw for the Turbo) so yeah.

yeah but aus r31's didnt come in turbo simply cause holden was using them.

and jap import r31's look sweet as, and run an rb20det i beleive.
dont look anything like aus equivalent,
http://www42.tok2.com/home/carzou/toko/p201.jpg

http://www.sutv.zaq.ne.jp/ryu2000/r31gts-rbia2.jpg

those are some shitty examples.. but i couldnt find any better ones on the net.. some ive seen around though are just beautiful.. id take over a vl anyday
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Thu, 19 February 2004 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ehh, still not a fan. I think the... what is it, TRX? The sports version of the Pintara. Yeah I think that looks better... although it's not RWD.
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 20 February 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice win!

We were at a Heathcote private run with mccr vs CCC, which is the commodore cruise club, and yeah well.. most 308's there couldnt break 14's. Most were doing mid 15's!!!! Even the 3.8'sv6's were quicker than the 308's!!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Fri, 20 February 2004 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
308s are heavy assed boat anchors. Hard to get power out of without spending ludicrous amoutns of money..hence i went a 302 ford motor Wink
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Mon, 23 February 2004 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr no, rwd. Its a skyline not a trx or pintara. Those models are the gts and gts-r models, both came with rb20det (same engine used in r32 gts-t) engines and would rip a vl to shreds given the chance
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Mon, 23 February 2004 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id take a aus or jap spec r31 over a VL anyday, they look 10times better and dont have the "wank" factor VL's have, theres a nice gts-r r31 near me!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Tue, 24 February 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil, I'm saying that I think the Pintara looks a lot nicer than the R31. However, like I said the Pintara is FWD and only has a 4 in it.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Tue, 24 February 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 12:09

Intensevil, I'm saying that I think the Pintara looks a lot nicer than the R31. However, like I said the Pintara is FWD and only has a 4 in it.

jap spec r31 gts-r are bloody beautiful looking cars
aus ones suck
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Tue, 24 February 2004 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my bad, guess i should read the post rather htan just skiping over it hey Embarassed
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Tue, 24 February 2004 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 13:52

my bad, guess i should read the post rather htan just skiping over it hey Embarassed

Yah probably.
Asher
Regular

July 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Mon, 08 March 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R31 was heavier than VL.

R31 has major issues with diffs and is a nissan acknowledged factory defect.

Mate has a VL with a nice body kit and a rebuilt and strengthened RB25DET. very, very, very fast.

Punching 2nd gear gives a very scary feeling of not being in control and black fishys down the road. Shocked

Shraka, have a look at how much torque the v8 vl has over the 6er. Rolling Eyes
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Mon, 08 March 2004 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asher have a look at how shit any commodore is Rolling Eyes
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Mon, 08 March 2004 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've heard that the new(2000ish) v8 holdens lose up front to the super 6's, but given a little bit of time come flying back..
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Mon, 08 March 2004 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The newer V8 Holdens are a real dog off the line (and up to about 2500rpm) to get real drive out of them you need to keep them up in the 4000rpm+ range and drive the crap out of it.
Once my Ute gets completed I'm getting it dynoed and I'll take it to the track for a quarter mile time. Then you guys (and me) can use that as a bench mark for your cars. If you can beat the times on the Ute You'll beat 95% of the HSV's out there. I'm interested to see what packages in the supras, Celicas, 1J powered Cressida's etc. can shit on it.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WTF?? I 8 A HSV Tue, 09 March 2004 04:56 Go to previous message
Asher, do you know what torque is? Large Torque figures are fairly un-important unless you have large power figures to go with them. You can make up for a lack of torque with the right gearing. You can't make up for a lack of power without reducing the weight of the car.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Why do car's hate me so much?
Next Topic:I could cry....no more pristine MA61
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:29:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065948963165283 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.