Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Celica or Supra?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Celica or Supra? Fri, 20 February 2004 05:56 Go to next message
Hey guys,
Ok, I'm 6'6" and my name is Adrian, 100kg give or take.
The plan has been to get an 89 turbo Supra, but I can only get that in June/July and the price is not a problem, what is a problem is hte 7M-GTE, the massive stroke and the HG problems, so I'm a little cautious.
I've been thinking recently maybe a *A22/23/28 Celica, with a 1G-GTE/W58 would be nice, a deep burgundy, nice mags and cleaned up running well would be an alternative.
Problem is the rust, the size, and potentially sloppy handling.
I've driven a TA22, was basically what I expected, but a little small.
I heard the *A23's are bigger? What about *A28s, bigger still?
Or should I just wait until June/July and go for the Supra, whack a 1UZ-FZE in the bastard (ha ha, minus the Z for now, and minus the engine until I get $8-$10K spare) and go for gold?
Realistically though, I would like an 89 Supra, turbo swap, sort out the breathing mods and put a copper HG in there, but I could basically buy an RA23 tomorrow and whack the 1G-GTE in over the week... VERY tempting.
What do you guys think, I'm swerving towards the Supra but tempted by a tough little Celica.
Cheers,
Adrian
  Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Fri, 20 February 2004 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra.

Talk to HKSpete Cool
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Fri, 20 February 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra. You'll have a lot less hassles long term. Even the HG if you treat it properly (oil/water levels/changes, don't up the boost).

And if you want to do the 1UZ then know that its possible, and its AWESOME! See link below Very Happy
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Fri, 20 February 2004 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Problem solvered, Soooopra it is.
With regard to the 1UZ transplant, I basically know what's involved, I have some handy mates that can help with some things which always helps.
1UZ-FZE?
Rip one from the Bullet Roadster SS... that's all I'll say.
That is alllll I'll say.
Very Happy
Adrian
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Fri, 20 February 2004 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a supra
your height\size shouldnt be too much of an issue
i have a bit of problems sitting up straight in my supra
but lean that seat back a bit and she'll be right Smile

plus
celica's suck
poopras have more potential Very Happy

as for the 1UZ
i'd say it'd be cheaper to get a halfcut from the wreckers(a few good ones in brisvegas\goldcoast) than ripping one out of a Bullet SS
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Fri, 20 February 2004 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think he wants a supercharged 1uz
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Sat, 21 February 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fix the 7mgte. Once you solve the HG issue I.e tighten up the head bolts, and fix a few other things..theres nothing wrong with them at all!
Ask Allan, and half the non-jz/uz biased people on here!
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Sat, 21 February 2004 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M, I still think they are good engines, especially next to the competition (Nissan, Ford, Mazda, etc), sort out the HG soon enough and they will be fine, very torquey I imagine and I usually take torque instead of hp, but still the cylinder profile, maybe too many revs lost, very long stroke... ah I'll settle for it.
And as for the 1UZ, yeah I will rip one out of a Soarer, since I've been led to believe that the ex. manifolds and sump fit the MA70 nicely. I can get a hold of W58/V160 boxes cheaply, in between the box and the engine, I'll have to talk to Castlemaine Rod Shop.
I can make mounts myself, exhaust I'll have to sort out, and of course let's not forget most important thing, ECU. Autronics I'd like, not as good as Motec, but not expensive, I've been led to believe they are still very expensive though. CAPA, they have a supercharger kit for the uzi, 650-700Nm at the rubber which is a nice aim, and yes I'll have to cut up the bonnet, for heat vents and probably to accomodate the charger, but if I have hte money (yes, 8-10k) I would be a very happy man.
Oh, 13-odd when we're talking the charger.
Hmmm, maybe that's digging in a bit too deep...
Take it easy guys, thanks for your input.
Adrian
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: Celica or Supra? Sat, 21 February 2004 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that ta22's etc could fit in a 1uz and somebody had a fully sic orange one that was supercharged? It would be heaps lighter and faster than the supra, but then i wouldn't do it coz the supra looks better, is newer and has heaps more interior features.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not TT the uz... that always seems to work well
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isaac wrote on Sat, 21 February 2004 17:39

I thought that ta22's etc could fit in a 1uz and somebody had a fully sic orange one that was supercharged? It would be heaps lighter and faster than the supra, but then i wouldn't do it coz the supra looks better, is newer and has heaps more interior features.

It's already been proven that a TT 1UZ will fit in a TA22. Smile
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I think I've seen that one actually, I've forgotten which computer he used to control it all, maybe a Wolf or something, but I can't remember the results of it all.
It looks insane, twinturbo uzi, that's gotta have some torque...
javascript: insertTag(document.post_form.msg_body, '', ' Shocked ');
But... I'm still keen on the Supra, while the Celica, with good paint, does look nice and will go well with a 1G (or a TT uzi), I'm not sure about 1) me fitting; 2) handling sloppiness (handling and stability is very important to me; and 3) interior features and overall potential.
Ahhh, I can't wait... cammed/charged uzi idling at 500, through headers and pure pipe through to the twin Remus mufflers on each side... burst to 7500rpm, flames on overrun, car still rocking from the torque...
Won't just be a dream if I come up with the $$ javascript: insertTag(document.post_form.msg_body, '', ' Shocked ');
Take it easy guys,
Adrian
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Sat, 21 February 2004 14:06

but still the cylinder profile, maybe too many revs lost, very long stroke...

i doubt youll find this an issue
gtman
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 23's are alittle bigger then the 22's, not sure about how much on the inside, years since I been in a 22, but the 28 is basically a 23 with a liftback arse instead of coupe, so they are the same size inside.

For the record, I'm 6"5' and I don't have any size problems in my celica's. I have the seat all the way back, so the only people that can sit behind me are children or midgets, but who cares cause I'm in the front Smile

If you're going to spend lots of money on a car, I would get a celica and do a 1UZ. It has more potential then a supra cause its lighter, therefor you will get even more bang for your buck.

plus, they're heaps sexier Smile Twisted Evil
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The interior of a TA22 is identical to an RA23 (size wise).

Note that a 1UZ in a TA22/RA2x is not legal in NSW or Qld.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nor would u expect it to be legal
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61... that's good to hear actually.
I know it will give me a big torque advantage but I was wondering at what sacrifice (revs of course)... but good to hear it's not a problem.
Doesn't completely surprise me though, being Toyota and all, but I was still under the impression this was a 'bad' engine... I guess next to the 1/2JZ it probably is but I'll take it anyway.
So yes, final verdict I'm getting the Supra.
Thanks again guys...
Adrian
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Sun, 22 February 2004 12:48

Ahhh, I can't wait... cammed/charged uzi idling at 500, through headers and pure pipe through to the twin Remus mufflers on each side... burst to 7500rpm, flames on overrun, car still rocking from the torque...

Mine idles at 500rpm and redlines at 7,500. No cams or turbo(s) yet though.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Sun, 22 February 2004 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holy shit!

My redline is 6600rpm in the 2J and i thought that liked to rev! Shocked
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my pissy 1g geu redline is somewhere just over 8.. and on the auto with foot to floor it changes at around 7600
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We also made the fuel cut-off really quick, so when it redlines it doesn't jutter that much, kinda only drops 200revs. Hit the redline the other weekend in 2nd at about 115k's.

In the wet it'll spin at 800 revs (LSD, and needs to be from a start around a corner, but can put it sideways under 1k revs) and redlines at over 7k which is pretty impressive, and FUN Very Happy

Might even be able to rev more, it didn't have a sharp power drop. With turbos/cams I've heard of some 1uzs that rev to 10k, and from what I heard that was with a stock engine. Wouldn't be able to do that too regularly though.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 11:10

my pissy 1g geu redline is somewhere just over 8.. and on the auto with foot to floor it changes at around 7600

this is wrong, your 1G-GEU does not have a redline over 8000rpm the ECU will not let it rev over 7600.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never tried revving it out.. it would blow up
but with it in power mode... foot to floor.. thats about where it changes(mid 7's)
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judging by my 1GGEU dash, your engine should redline at 7200rpm and cut-out about 7600-7700rpm.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just ran down stairs and had a look.. yellow line from 7400... redline is in between that and 8000
like exactly half way
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Ask Allan

It's like the blind leading the blind, really Rolling Eyes

In seriousness though, I believe that the 7M is quite a good engine, but you need to spend a lot of money on it before it will ever fall into the "no worries" category. That said, anyone who thinks an engine conversion is an easy and/or cheap experience has rocks in their head!
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M-Brisbane wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 21:52

anyone who thinks an engine conversion is an easy and/or cheap experience has rocks in their head!

AGREED
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I realise this.
It works out to 4-5 grand, to convert an 89 Supra w/ 7M-GTE to a 1UZ, that's why I said it would be about 8-10 grand, I don't think I will actually do this but it would be nice and if I have my money, and given my contacts, I think it would be a feasible conversion. As for squeezing it into a Celica... I don't think so.
Thanks,
Adrian
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4-5 grand.....

Do you want a manual box? Razz
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I said, I can get gearboxes VERY cheaply, W58s, V160s, R154s, whatever, clutches as well so that's a bit of the battle won.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes... did any uz powered car ever have a manual box(1uz i mean)
cause it seems rather stupid to not give itone
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah it is pretty silly that they were all autos.
Mind you, they only went in high end luxury cars, that's what the uzi was created for anyway.
This does present a problem, new flywheel (I could get the angle grinder onto the existing one and grind off hte torque converter, just joking), but yes also an issue is without an auto box the stock ECU will go into limp mode, very bad, hence need a/m ECU, more problems, and will have to configure wiring to that, most likely from a Soarer, tune, etc etc etc.
Pain in the butt, we'll see what happens.
Adrian
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Mon, 23 February 2004 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Beer_is_good wrote on Mon, 23 February 2004 23:51

It works out to 4-5 grand, to convert an 89 Supra w/ 7M-GTE to a 1UZ

HAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah your funny Smile

Made my morning Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets just say its not the easiest nor the cheapest conversion in the world.

I really wanted to do this conversion but it priced itself waaaay out of my budget.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was considering doing 1 into my gz10 for a bit.. but then my gf mentioned rego would cost more... so it went out the window

could have a boosted 6 that makes like twice as much power and rego for 700.. or an 8 with half the power... or 2/3's and 1000 to rego
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not a very accurate post there Jag.

My rego dropped. And my insurance dropped a LOT even though its now a 'modified' car, still a lot less than a 'turbo'

And I'm yet to see a car that has twice as much power as my V8.
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 09:07

It works out to 4-5 grand, to convert an 89 Supra w/ 7M-GTE to a 1UZ

HAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ah your funny Smile

Made my morning Laughing

So how much did your 1UZ conversion cost you?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well over 8k, more like 10k. And thats keeping standard R154 (not stupid W58) box and clutch and doing "all the work" myself in my backyard. And also keeping my old 3in exhaust. Theres a more comprehensive list of stuff on my site below.

And of course, no 8k Capa supercharger kit.

If you kept it auto, standard computer etc. Then you might be able to do it for 5k. Who wants standard though?
supraiggy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Supra buddy....supra Smiley =

There should be no other answer for you. Ever heard of the mk3 with the plate BLKJET or soemthing like that. 530kw at the wheels on a worked 7m-gte, this thing is a fken weapon! 7m's are reliable just a tad old now, but to me this question is no brainer! GL
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 11:47

Not a very accurate post there Jag.

My rego dropped. And my insurance dropped a LOT even though its now a 'modified' car, still a lot less than a 'turbo'

And I'm yet to see a car that has twice as much power as my V8.

your rego dropped?
how does that work?
I would imagine insurance would drop, yes. but when your only getting 3pp and fire and theft like me.. it doesent change much.

and a 1jz with mods would.. well not double but atleast have another 3rd ontop of ur rear wheel figure(as i stated in the second half of my post).. the double one was an exaggeration
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My rego dropped. It was only a few $$ but it did. I think they regard turbos as a 1.5 increase in capacity. So a 3L turbo will be same rego as a 4.5L And since mine is a 4L its LESS. Same way they deal with engine conversions.

As for not changing "much" go and ring an insurance company. Find out and come back. Ask them the difference between a 1JZ Soarer and a 1UZ Soarer.

And yeah 1JZs are definately capable of 200rwkw. Theres not many people that have that much, and NONE of them would worry about the price difference for rego.

supraiggy: bring BLKJET to the next dyno day!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh.. i thought rego was dependant on cylinders only
either way a 1jz wont go over 4 litres even if u multiply by 1.5
but with just car insurance 3rd parts generally stays at about 650 for the year.. no matter what u do
u dont get fuck all back for anything though
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete mate don't mean to be rude, but...
"It works out to 4-5 grand, to convert an 89 Supra w/ 7M-GTE to a 1UZ, that's why I said it would be about 8-10 grand, "

In other words, parts alone 4-5 grand, I imagine it will be closer to 8-10 grand realistically, read before you post.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, I realise this.
It works out to 4-5 grand, to convert an 89 Supra w/ 7M-GTE to a 1UZ, that's why I said it would be about 8-10 grand, I don't think I will actually do this but it would be nice and if I have my money, and given my contacts, I think it would be a feasible conversion. As for squeezing it into a Celica... I don't think so.
Thanks,
Adrian

This is the post I was referring to. The way I read it was with buying the car ('89 Supra w/ 7M-GTE) it would be 8-10 grand. As I thought you hadn't got one yet.

If you actually meant swapping the 7M for the 1UZ would cost around 8-10 grand then you'd be close to the mark.
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the latter.
It was a bit ambiguous, but basically I thought 4-5k, and it's a good idea for major projects to double the estimated budget, so 8-10k, hopefully nothing over.
As for the actual car, that's not a drama at all (money-wise), and I'm sure i'd be happy with the 7M for the first few hours...
Also, W58s, I have a price on one, just gotta confirm what one normally costs, I have a feeling I'll have a big smile on my face but are we talking $1500-odd, more, less?
I don't have a clue, since I budgeted my special amount (about a fifth of that) in there...
Take it easy guys,
Adrian

[Updated on: Tue, 24 February 2004 05:25]

Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 12:05

Well over 8k, more like 10k. And thats keeping standard R154 (not stupid W58) box and clutch and doing "all the work" myself in my backyard. And also keeping my old 3in exhaust. Theres a more comprehensive list of stuff on my site below.

If you kept it auto, standard computer etc. Then you might be able to do it for 5k. Who wants standard though?

Ouch! Shocked, alot more than I'd have thought for a 1UZ conversion....

My 2jz-gte conversion (inc 6 speed manual) set me back $8200 including engineering costs.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 February 2004 04:44]

SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stenno wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 15:44

My 2jz-gte conversion (inc 6 speed manual) set me back $8200 including engineering costs.

Is that with aftermarket computer? That cost me a fair bit (3,500).

W58s are worth around $250 (check the for sale section). R154s are worth around $2,000-$2,500 (I think).
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stenno wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 14:44

damn
i really wish i hadnt read that
after reading iup on your swap
considering the resources i have at hand(friends with know how and tools) it seems like a good idea Razz
only thing i'm lacking is a ma70 and money Razz

ahh well
one can only dream
perhaps one day when i get sick of hte ma61....like that'd happen
supraiggy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Would you mind giving me the details and full contact no's of this person? Thanks. So that's getrag 6spd (new or 2nd hand?), a 2jz-gte (with what turbos) and a ecu (Stock?) for 8.5?? Is this the right info? Thanks m8.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 17:34

W58s are worth around $250 (check the for sale section). R154s are worth around $2,000-$2,500 (I think).

R154's aren't worth that much based on the going rate on the forums, close to the $1k mark is a better bet. For that price I'd be looking at the V160.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supraiggy wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 21:18

Would you mind giving me the details and full contact no's of this person? Thanks. So that's getrag 6spd (new or 2nd hand?), a 2jz-gte (with what turbos) and a ecu (Stock?) for 8.5?? Is this the right info? Thanks m8.

actually
i'm sure that you can find them for about $6000 for a getrag 6sp + 2jz-gte in decent working order
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 20:34

Stock ECU.

$3500? Motec, Autronic, or Haltech? or am I way off base? (Microtech?)
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Delco i think it is
but with some funky box that makes it a "plug and play" item

correct me if i'm wrong
Stenno
Regular

March 2003

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
supraiggy wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 22:18

Rolin imports in Queensland - www.japparts.com.au?

The front cut cost me $6300 delivered (This was a 6 speed JZA80).
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and Iggy, i think you will find Stenno did the majority of the work himself. Very Happy

Double that price if a shop does it for you.
Beer_is_good
Regular

February 2004

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha, good, let's just say I'm glad that special price applies for the V160 as well... I may just use the R154 anyway.
Geez, and here I was thinking the W58 was an expensive box...
What are your thoughts on the three boxes everyone?
I know what cars they are in, but mostly need to know torque (or even hp) ratings, and feel, for example... the V160 can be noisy and rough, but for highway driving and at high speeds it's beautiful, and can take a lot of torque... how do the W58s and R154s compare, how much torque, how do they feel (obviosly they are missing a gear too).
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The W58 will not take as much torque (obviously), but from all accounts it is a much smoother box to use than an R154.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch.. 6300.. any idea on the price of just an engine package for a
2jz
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Celica or Supra? Tue, 24 February 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cyber-punk wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 22:39

Delco i think it is
but with some funky box that makes it a "plug and play" item

Yep GM Delco, but that $ figure also includes $1k of wiring, $1200 of tuning, 2 new ignition modules ($400), etc.

Worth it to have 20% more power than stock, and more fuel efficient (under 10L/100kms street and around 8 on highway). Also setting own idle, setting own redline, etc. etc.
supraiggy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Celica or Supra? Wed, 25 February 2004 00:31 Go to previous message
Right well that makes a bit more sense then, thanks for the clear up blacksupra. I can source the same for that much, it's just labour that's gonna kill me.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:What would be better: 90-92 SECA SX or 87-90 SX Celica
Next Topic:Celicaspares for Celicas... is there like a SPRINTERSPARES??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 15:00:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081779956817627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.