Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
midnight
Regular

November 2003
resident spiders Sat, 14 February 2004 02:24 Go to next message
for some reason my familys cars all seem to have resident spiders in them,

My monaro had a huntsman as big as an open hand... that thing ran across the back window and made my mate scream like a girl.

My mums subaru has a smaller one that doesnt really make an appearance that often.

Sisters merc has a medium sized one that runs around ocasionally at the odd petrol station.

The worst one was when I was in the mr2 and I fliped the sun visor, a huge huntsman dropped onto my leg, After a few gymnastic like spine wrenching moves the spider was mashed intot he carpet, via my heel..
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: resident spiders Sat, 14 February 2004 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I watched a huntsman munc bugs on my car last night ..

weve got those black carpet beetles atm - huntsmans come out to pounce ..

Big hairy bastard - hand sized ..

I thought NO - your not using my roof as a dinner plate - got a bucket of water - washed him off and sent him on his way ..

I try not to kill em if i dont need to - they are big andd ugly and looks scary but their bites only itch like hell and burn a bit ( ive been bitten twice )

Plus they keep my garden bug free
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: resident spiders Sat, 14 February 2004 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while driving around in an acclaim, I put the sun visor down, and a huge huntsman dropped in my lap, then into the footwell, and promptly started scurrying all over my bare feet.

somehow I managed not to have an accident. never did find him.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: resident spiders Sun, 15 February 2004 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i got em.
every day my car has fresh webs on the side mirrors, and rear flares/quarters
used to be the front bar too, but i think that one got the idea after his web got broken all the time.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: resident spiders Sun, 15 February 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
must be a sydney thing
not really an issue for me

i try not kill spiders(even though i've been bitten by a few huntsmens and some whiteish spider that sent me into hospital for 2 weeks Smile )

they serve a purpose
unlike mosquitos :/
i really hate mosquitos
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: resident spiders Sun, 15 February 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree with mosquitos .. what are their purpose

Spider shave a purpose .. to eat bugs ..

Mosquitos just annoy the piss out of you when your trying to sleep .

At least flies help get rid of decomposing waste ..
Sprinta
Regular

September 2002
Re: resident spiders Sun, 15 February 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have new webs every morning too Sad
I came out late at night once and they were all out in the open, killed em all..
Next morning the webs are back wtf
New ones moved in :/
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: resident spiders Sun, 15 February 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A bit of WD40 around in the cavities help fix the spiders.
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: resident spiders Mon, 16 February 2004 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think ill just park in the garage while I set of a bug bomb...
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: resident spiders Tue, 17 February 2004 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got an idea....... kill a few spiders pick them up using toothpicks and leave them lying around your car.... give other spiders a bit of a scare when they see there mate spiders with toothpicks through em...... theyll never come again Razz
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: resident spiders Tue, 17 February 2004 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I hate mosquitos too. Stupid things. Other than spread desease, make you itch, provide food for spiders and annoy the hell out of you they do nothing. Bees, flys ('cept freeking march flies... why do they have to bite?) are fine. Wasps aren't even native to Australia and we would do fine without them so stuff them too... die die die.

I only kill spiders when I can't catch them (and put them somewhere where I am not), or if they realy realy freak me out, like landing on my damned HEAD, or trying to run back to the car after I have flicked it off. If only it had stayed where I flicked it, it would still be alive today (probably not actualy... it's a ahh... spider eat spider kinda world).

Speaking of eating spiders, I realy like the dady long legs. They eat other spiders. Very Happy
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: resident spiders Tue, 17 February 2004 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The subaru's got spiders at the moment, pissing me off, thank god its only a daily now though.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: resident spiders Tue, 17 February 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Spray some of that fuck off bugs stuff on key parts of the car... you know, the surface spray that lasts like a week or something.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: resident spiders Wed, 18 February 2004 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having had dengue, there's no need to tell you what I think about mosquitoes...

I've had my share of huntsmans in my car as well.. they seem to like to live inside the side mirrors.

sam
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: resident spiders Thu, 19 February 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found a spider in my sock yesterday morning. I put it on and felt something tickling my toots, and when I realised what it was lets just say I have never removed a sock from my toots that fast before. Razz
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: resident spiders Thu, 19 February 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shraka, is it true they really eat other spiders???

prolly small ones ay.

can't imagine a dande tuckin into a funnel web or a huntsman Smile

Speaking of which, has anyone of you sydney siders found a funnel web in your car??

rock on
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: resident spiders Fri, 20 February 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car had a resident funnel web, that was scary ....
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: resident spiders Sat, 21 February 2004 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if i was a spider and my web broke every day i would be moving somewhere else Razz

i've heard daddly long legs are the most poisonest spiders in australia only problem is there fangs are to small inject poison into us Razz
All spiders eat other spiders, the women spiders kill the men spiders and lay eggs in them, same as the women prey mantis Confused
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: resident spiders Sun, 22 February 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the daddy long legs is the most venomous pider ..

and nods - fangs too small to piece human skin so were safe ..

tough life being a boy spider - One shag in your life and your lady for the night kills you and eats you ..
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: resident spiders Sun, 22 February 2004 08:29 Go to previous message
I hate spiders!!!!
I chase the damn things to a suitable environment, then hit them with a can on Inox and a lighter.....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Driftland, today at Oran Park
Next Topic:SUM 1 HELP!!!!!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:16:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004767894744873 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.