Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 19 December 2003 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Took my car up to 190kmph last night along the m2. Still accelerating smoothly and fast, but had to get off at the next exit. Handling was beautiful, just the same as when I was driving at 100.
  Send a private message to this user    
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 19 December 2003 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i need an alignment
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 20 December 2003 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
~ 210KM/h in my old SV11 camry (had no trouble getting there either Shocked)

~180km/h in my GA61 Celica XX... SPEED LIMITED Mad Mad Mad
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 20 December 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done 142kmh downhill, with a tailwind, on dirt, in an 80 series landcruiser. 1HZ Powuh!

(oh, its the work vehicle)
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 20 December 2003 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
110kph on the M1 in my gz20 Soarer!

It felt so good at that speed, it handled just like it did at 60kph. Didn't feel floaty at all! I could have taken it further but i didn't want to do any damage to my engine.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 21 December 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm...
Nothing too impressive from my record, but I did 160km/h in dads CS ae92 Sedan.....

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 21 December 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SR TWINCAM wrote on Sun, 21 December 2003 18:53

Nothing too impressive from my record, but I did 160km/h in dads CS ae92 Sedan

Yeah what's the deal with that? I've taken my CS Seca up to 160 aswell, seems alot of people stop there... Could go a little quicker but 140-160 feels about the limit...
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 21 December 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esteban wrote on Sat, 20 December 2003 13:25

ive done 142kmh downhill, with a tailwind, on dirt, in an 80 series landcruiser. 1HZ Powuh!

(oh, its the work vehicle)

Really??? I have done 165 in our 80 series landcruiser. Dont tell mum. Embarassed
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Tue, 23 December 2003 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Comin back from Phillip Island in my st162 (fukt shox n runnin like shit) with 2 other passengers pulled 155kph in 5th up hill in overtaking lane. Pulled great actually. Luckily i pulled in n slowed to the limit coz round the next bend 2 cop cars, 1 with radar gun....

bout 85kmh on my pushie too goin down Olivers Hill in Franga and Mt Williams in Halls Gap.Note to self:big fuckin bugs in summer-wear full face helmet
White Rabbit
Regular

August 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 27 December 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand the topic is cars, but mine is a piece of shit at the moment - project under construction. If you really want value for money power - get a motorbike (don't nark me, I still love my RA28 more) but for $12-$15K you can get a stock standard sportsbike to do well over 250kph.

Fastest speed - 2000 Yahama YZF R6 - 264kph - just north of the Old Putty Road, NSW. Does 1/4's in under 9 sec Evil or Very Mad

But then again straight line speed is too easy, the most fun on a sportsbike is in the corners.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 27 December 2003 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes but you can fly off a bike and die easily. In a car, atleast your surrounded by over a ton of metal.
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 27 December 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you think that if you hit something doing +200 in a car you wont die either? Laughing
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 01 January 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Slow speed accidents on motorbikes can also be fatal, specially if you go under a car Shocked . My best friends dad has been under a truck twice after falling off a motorbike, lucky hes still alive. Smile
naten
Regular

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 01 January 2004 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
port botany to woodbine (campbelltown) in just over 15 mins

160-180 all the way back, was driving a mates n13

had my ae82 sedan up to 170

and my current shitter a 1990 excel up to 162

xtigerx
Regular

April 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 01 January 2004 21:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
200km/hr in a 2002 Levin. had about 1k left on the tacho. Smiley =
over took an RX-7 Series V doing 190km/hr.

i didn't see his face..but i think he would have been jaw smacked seeing a corolla pass him. Smile Smile

Mind you, he probably could have just planted it and left me...but he didn' Laughing
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 01 January 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In my old SA63 Celica on a downhill on the freeway 210km/h it showed on the speedo, but don't think it was too accurate. Was sitting next to a VT Wagon doing the same speed.

My old AE92 7AFE corolla used to get to 180 odd and fuel cut :/

My old MZ20 Soarer clicked 180 no probs, and had planty more legs left, but alas, the damn speed cut!

My new car, '95 Bluebird SSS reach 192 without failure, but then i backed off. Was sitting right up the a-hole of my mates 3.5ltr magna and it was day time No No No

Will try further another time, when I decide that I don't require my licence too much Razz
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 02 January 2004 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok so probably the slowest on record my echo topped out at 150km on a country back road........mind you was very hot and we all know that hot air and engines dont mix
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 02 January 2004 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very fast Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2004 09:21]

phrenzy
Newcomer

December 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 03 January 2004 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
220 KP/H in a 2002 Barina! I was going a little fast coming up to a hill I just totally forgot about how steep and long this thing was and it felt like road gave out under me, I guess I am lucky that I didnt get airbourne. figured i would just go along with it so I pushed the car a bit (the road is straight after that for about 3k's) and I gave a tiny quick check and saw 220 was entirly enough speed for me in that car.......

[Updated on: Sat, 03 January 2004 07:26]

_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 03 January 2004 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i pushed the astra cd 1.8 to 160 not on a freeway thou... it felt like everything was gonna fall off it

not built to go fast in any means...
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Wed, 07 January 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We got the Stock RA28 to approx 210, adn yes, it was a big hill.
(speedo stopped, but rev kept going up) ah, there's nothing like an 18RC redlining in fifth.

RA23mad, did your mate tell you 225kph, or have you got an after market speedo, if so, what did you get, with the 18rg we've got now, 200kph speedo just won't be enough.
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 08 January 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
195k's in my old TA22 racing a bloody 4 speed gemini, he peaked at about 140-150

190 in my old RA23, just felt like being stupid

200k's in my mates laser and then a frog jumped up and almost broke the windscreen, scared the shit out of us

176k's in my GZ20 soarer racing against my bro in his porsche 944, I didn't want to find out what a speed limiter does, plus I needed about 2 football fields to slow down.....

[Updated on: Thu, 08 January 2004 01:17]

wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 08 January 2004 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My old 22R powered Hilux lived off the clock- pity it only went to 160, I'm guessing we were doing 180 most of the time, it just kept pulling. Sat like a brick on the road, too.
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 08 January 2004 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
White Rabbit wrote on Sat, 27 December 2003 20:04

I understand the topic is cars, but mine is a piece of shit at the moment - project under construction. If you really want value for money power - get a motorbike (don't nark me, I still love my RA28 more) but for $12-$15K you can get a stock standard sportsbike to do well over 250kph.

Fastest speed - 2000 Yahama YZF R6 - 264kph - just north of the Old Putty Road, NSW. Does 1/4's in under 9 sec Evil or Very Mad

But then again straight line speed is too easy, the most fun on a sportsbike is in the corners.

Have you ever taken your bike to the drags? A stock 2001 R6 will cut an 11 second flat 1/4. Straight out of Two Wheels magazine. You must have done an awefull lot of work to it to beat a stock r6 by over 2 seconds.

A stock F4i will do 10.9 but these figures are with very lite people who are very good riders.

I think your dreamming!
onejayzed
Regular

September 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 08 January 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
used to do 100mph in my RX2 (thats about 160kph) off the wanneroo rd/reid hwy on ramp up to erindale rd (- for you WA people). that was great fun, then hard on the brakes for the traffic lights.

other than that, my 180B does 145 on a LOOOOONG stretch of road, with it's 4spd and 3.7:1 diff. but it's my parts chaser until i get the 240C going, so who gives a shit.

looking forward to testing the 1UZFE's top speed at collie...
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 08 January 2004 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got the gze up 190 till i got scared and a mitsubish starion up to 220, i didn't think it was going to make it but it did..

An disclaimer: All top speed test where done on a test track under green flag conditions.

sweetcheeks7284
Occasional Poster

January 2004

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 08 January 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm still a learner Embarassed
But im afraid the fastest i have only been is prob 120....but thats not gunning the whole way.....i havent got the guts for it yet, not only that but i had my bf's dad right next to me... but when i am on my p's (soon), for at least 150 for a start.
By the way i have AE86 Razz with a 4age Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 10 January 2004 06:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've doen 165 or Camden Velley Way in my Camry.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 10 January 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

man i need an alignment

me 2! Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suzuki cappuccino 250km/h 5th gear 6,500rpm down the f3 on double points weekend. Had more in it but didnt want to push it. The car redlines at 10,800rpm.
Felt like we were doing 140km/h Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the mr2 i've got up to about 140km/h. Not fast by any means but my brother and i had a run one night Very Happy
Unfortunately i couldnt keep up and it was no point going on cause i pretty much threw a bearing that night Crying or Very Sad

On the brighter side, I'm in the process of putting a 4agze in my car which will turn into a 4agte and then we will have that run again Smile

I will reign supreme in the epping road challenge!!!!!
Night_cralwer
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
120 in a mini wagon

160 camera

110 in a ta22 (wind started blowing it all over the place on the highway)

190 in a xd
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I will reign supreme in the epping road challenge!!!!!

hahaha... that cuppachino sounds awesome. nice little death box Evil or Very Mad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 - you've got my 1jz ma61 to contend with in that league Smile
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love the epping rd challenge.

i swear you could make the best high speed race track starting from the eastern distributor, over the bridge, onto epping rd, onto the m2 or mowbray rd if youre game.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
180km/hr at 5:30 on a weekday is my record Smile (for craziest, not absolute fastest)
was racing some dude in a new HSV
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This particular race was city bound just before the space station at the bottom of the hill.
I knew i didnt have a chance in hell but hey, when your brother says dont be a fag, you just have to give it a go!
It's all good though, I've been pulling the NA out of the Mr2 today. I hope to have it out by the weekend and the gze in by the following week.
Then my friends..........Epping Rd here i come!! Very Happy

I still maynot win but i'll look better than last time Smile
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 12 January 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to have a chance in the epping rd challenge, this is the car to beat. Have a look at this site:

ribera.customer.netspace.net.au/cap.htm

Techie
Occasional Poster

February 2004

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 21 February 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 05 December 2003 20:48

My corona has been run out of numbers, the speedo ends at 180, who knows what it was doing.

Hehehe Mine too, when i first got the ol girl, mines only a st141 with a 2SC motor though. Its knackered now though, 165 flat out. Mind you i've put 5 diffs in it, and well many tyres, probably a gear box soon Razz
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 21 February 2004 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was surprised at my ma70 the other nite, gave it a footful whilst on the highway running in the new engine..i found 180km/hr on the speedo came rapidly and not high on rpm's....im wondering how fast it can go... Smile
commander
Regular

January 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 21 February 2004 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just over 100 mph i guess 102 ~ 103+ @4ac
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sat, 21 February 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've had the mr2 upto 170, still pulling realllllly strong Cool
Grinder
Regular

June 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 22 February 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
160 on the princes highway coming back from stanwell coming out of that big corner.

I just had the twin cam put in and didnt realise how easily it pulled. Was used to the glorious 4AC, needless to say soon as ai realised what i was doing i slowed right down.
dizzy
Regular

February 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 22 February 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive done EIGHTY-TWO kilometres per hour...
OoOOoOo
thats right, im a rebel doing two kilometres over the legal limit for an l plater.
Very Happy
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 22 February 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've hit the speed limiter (180km/h) in my Soarer (JZZ30) a few times... mostly going interestate... feels floaty to say the least, but this was before I had coilovers fitted... now I'm too scared to get over +10km/h just in case the road ahead's not smooth Laughing

Oh and I've hit 140km/h in a manual Tarago with my ex girl telling me to slow the f*ck down lol hahaha Laughing

Jose
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 22 February 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tarago Laughing
bumpy roads + coil overs + hardly any rubber = Confused
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 22 February 2004 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 10 December 2003 15:00

crap!
and I thought my 8 hours, from epping (syd) to ringwood (melb) was good! (for you non-melb people - takes longer to get to ringwood than to the gpo... with my melbourne navigation skills anyhow)

man I know exactly where ringwood is cause my gma lives there It usually takes about 10-11 hours from castle hill doing the spped limit. (taking lunch and toilet stops)
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 22 February 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
out near tenterfield/glen innes

170 kmh and still climbing
4 adults
13psi boost
had to give up before we ran out of straight road ...
and on a double-demerit weekend too...

... well, i was impressed ... one passenger kept saying "woo hoo", another was yelling boost & speed, the third was strangely quiet, i was annoyed that we had to find quiet country roads to open it up without fear of mega-fines ....
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Sun, 22 February 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Sun, 22 February 2004 16:24

tarago Laughing
bumpy roads + coil overs + hardly any rubber = Confused

Yeah, I was surprised that the Tarago would go over 120km/h and still feel stable... slightly lol Laughing

And true about the tyres... I've had new tyres fitted about 5 months or so ago, the outsides are wearing in badly... ahh the joy of fast cornering Cool Very Happy
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Wed, 25 February 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got to 180km/h on Heathcote RD in my SV21 auto, i think i might be able to get a little more, but the steering was that twitchy i wasn't going to try.
Ozzie
Regular

December 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Wed, 25 February 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Around 190 on the Hume.
GreyWolfe
Regular

January 2004

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 26 February 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had the speedo run out of numbers on my gze on the f6, speedo reads 10kms under so must have been 190odd...not sure if the speed limiter is still in there, its a stock gze engine so I gather it does. Felt smooth as hell though and still had some to go. I love the fact that it doesnt get death rattles (unlike my old Rio...mmm death rattles at 140)
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 27 February 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
235 in the celica Very Happy Very Happy

ahhhhh the good ol days Sad shame she gone now Crying or Very Sad
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 27 February 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
165 in the 96 RAV Crying or Very Sad
160 in the Ae86 Confused
180 in the DC2 Cool
only 105 in the Beefed up Rav Razz

[Updated on: Fri, 27 February 2004 04:18]

SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 27 February 2004 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sounding like a try hard but im pretty sure ive managed to keep all my cars at the other end of there speedo the most memorible would have to be my brothers r32 borrowed it one night on the way to wollongong i managed to clock it but the needle got stuck on 220 and wouldnt go back (a few good hits on the dash managed to fix it). Ive hit 200 on a bike (ran out of room to do more) oh and 190 on my old corolla 100kw on the way to the gong and this was on retreads Sad i didnt realise they were till i got there (i had my friends stockers on)
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Fri, 27 February 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a mate and myself were cruisig in his car one night, we decided to wind her out a bit. Not sure what speed we stoped at (prob around 180 at a guess) apon slowing down we rememberd that he was running retreads Laughing that was lucky
Eddo
Occasional Poster

April 2003
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 March 2004 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy its been a long time since i've been back to toymods Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

anyway, the fastest i've driven my car was 162km/h before my newish now cat back.

just don't want to loose my licence so i don't push it that hard all that often....
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Mon, 01 March 2004 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
180 in the mr2 chasing a vx clubsport... i blame not being able to catch him on having the roof off Very Happy
210 in auto vn 5L
215 according to the speedo in a 5spd r30 skyline.
160 in ke20 down a hill, 150 on the flat.
175 in daewoo 1.5i
180ish in 3L VL auto
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Wed, 03 March 2004 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drove my sprinter on the rev limiter quite often
not quite sure how fast i was goin

was a w57 with 4.1:1 diff and 205/55/16 tires
and sitting of 7500 (i think)

anyone smart enough to work all that out? i cant be bothered...
MR2 3SGTE
Regular

March 2004
Re: HOW FAST have you all driven in your cars? Thu, 04 March 2004 01:15 Go to previous message
260Kph but my speedo stops there and i was still accelerating 3SGTE MR2 Jap Racing Spec, over took my friend in an R33 Skyline doing 270 so i don't really know, getting new electronic speed gauge put in that also takes my 0-100 speed and my quart mile speed, shopuld be interesting. Done on the Monaro Highway.
Evil or Very Mad
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:if you don't see it it doesn't exist?
Next Topic:The Best Looking Starlet Around
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 04:37:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0097160339355469 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.