Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lux on PSI
Newcomer

January 2004
81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Tue, 20 January 2004 09:31 Go to next message
Well for those of u in brisbane and surrounding areas, u would know how average the weather has been for us. Well last wednesday night, i was coming down the M1 past the strawberry farm northbound. Down the hill and hit a puddle of water, the back of the lux lifted into a big 4 lane drift, b4 collecting the start of the guard rail and proceeded to slide 150 mtrs upo it.

Only damage being a nice dent on the front qtr where it hit and the alloy tray dislodged a bit.

I was on my way to pick up the tyres that were going on the rear of it the next day....

Now i am up for a fair bit but i decided to just go nuts with it and do a full ground up rebuild!! Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: 81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Tue, 20 January 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The question is how bad off was the guard rail.
Lux on PSI
Newcomer

January 2004
Re: 81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Thu, 22 January 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the ghey bit, the guard rail was fine. i just turned around and kept going up the highway with a really lopsided steering wheel
Lux on PSI
Newcomer

January 2004
Re: 81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Thu, 22 January 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats the ghey bit, the guard rail was fine. i just turned around and kept going up the highway with a really lopsided steering wheel
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: 81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Thu, 22 January 2004 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You said that already. Very Happy Razz Razz Razz
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: 81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Thu, 29 January 2004 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
something like that happened to me about a month ago coming from syd to wollongong on the highway (picton rd exit).
coming down a hill in the pouring rain, my brakes locked up (going only 60km/h because the weather was so bad) and i went 90 degrees and right into the rail, spinning out another 180 degrees.
i pulled over under the overpass/bridge to check the damage but there wsant any, so i drove it slowly back to the gong and the only 'damage' was that the tyres had scratches all over it. nothing on the rim. weird.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 January 2004 21:02]

bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: 81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Thu, 19 February 2004 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It must the curse of the luxy's because one of my mates own a 90 model dual cab hi-lux. One day late at night, raining he was driving to the B & S somewhere out in the sticks where this guy wanted to change lanes at 110k's without even looking which resulted in all-wheel lockup, spun around, wheels still locked sliding backwards into the trees along side of the road and down a ditch.
Another guy came along help him out of the ditch. On close inspection the next day. Tyres Scratched up pretty bad(no punture) and little scratches from the trees.
Evil or Very Mad And So Continues The Curse Of The HI-LUX Evil or Very Mad

Adam
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail Sun, 22 February 2004 13:06 Go to previous message
maybe its an M1 curse

last time i went down to the coast, i passed 3 cars (2 south-bound, 1 north-bound) that had spun/skidded into the inside of the motorway and then slid down the wire-rope barriers - which had then shredded the front/rear quarters of the vehicles.

Two were point the right way, third was arse-about.

all were majorly stuffed, one looked like it was on three wheels (arse-corner in air)

i think you should have bought a lotto ticket straight afterwards as you managed to miss the shredder-barrier Cool Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Modded R33 vs SC Mr2
Next Topic:Sportivo on the road & Thoughts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 17:06:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062239170074463 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.