Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Suspension - TA22 Mon, 19 August 2002 11:15 Go to next message
Anyone got any ideas on a suspension *setup* if you like for a TA22 - ?

I can get King Springs for $150 a pair - so, $300 - but matching shocks (thinking sensatrac) and swaybars (do whiteline make something?)

Any ideas would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Mon, 19 August 2002 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
whiteline make a rear swaybar ( 18mm ) - all fittings bushes and bar retailed in brisbane for 160 dollars

front bar was about the same ( i have a 24mm Kmac bar )

nolothane bushes help out too - but theres some points where they hinder rather than help over the standard rubber ones ..

Springs are good - at that price - i could have got mine for 240 in brisbane - in kings ( lowered )

for shocks - look at JBR i think ( is that the name ?) they are meant to be a good mid range shock - and better than pedders .. Sensatrac's are OK - on a commodumb .. I run monroe GT gas on mine and havent had an issue all the time ive had them ..

.. if you lower it - youd also need to modify your panhard rod i believe - or else diff will be offcentre by an inch or so ..

Stuart
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Thu, 22 August 2002 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much should i shorten my panhard rod to compensate for the lower ride height? Is there a rule of thumb as to how much to shorten it in relation to how much lower the car is than stock? Which would be the best way to shorten it? any help will be greatly appreaciated. Thanks.

André
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Thu, 22 August 2002 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The panhard rod should be adjusted so that the axle is centred relative to the chassis when the car is sitting at its normal ride height. The exact amount of adjustment you require depends on how much lower your car is.... that's why it's a good idea to have an adjustable panhard rod fabricated.
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Thu, 22 August 2002 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm, how much roughly would it cost for an adjustable? I have 3 different ride heights that my car goes through on a regular basis so an adjustable will have to be the go. I have my curcuit racing rideheight, my street-cruising rideheight, and my rego rideheight after i have been defected for my cruising rideheight! Nod Laughing How far out roughly would the diff be from centre from say stock ride height to bumpstop rideheight? (just wondering) how do later model live-rear-axled cars compensate for this or don't they? Also i am going to QLD for a few weeks and was wondering where to go to buy those whiteline suspension rear stabilisers for TA22's? Thanks.

André
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Thu, 22 August 2002 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine form GMA ( ?) wholesale suspension - they are in Slacks Creek

cost 160 bux for the rear 18mm Whiteline swaybar + all fittings

If i remeber right the guys name was steve who served me .. They were very good to deal with though make sure they have the bar on hand and OUT for you to pick up you before you arrive there ..

I was told it was on the shelf - rolled up to buy it , they had misplaced it , so i left - ONLY to get a call back 5 mins later to say they had found it again Smile

bar that mishap they were very helpful

Stuart

dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Fri, 23 August 2002 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i also have a set of whiteline swaybars on my TA22, i'm very happy with them. i gotta say that the kit with all the fittings for the rear sway bar is very nice. comes with everything!!! although $160 seems very expensive for the kit. was that normal RRP???
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Fri, 23 August 2002 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was their RRP price though i got it a little cheaper cause i payed cash ..

Still - very happy with it - brand new bar - easy to fit for a not so mechanically skilled person as myself + excellent results in back end stability
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Suspension - TA22 Fri, 23 August 2002 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dori where did u get it from down here...??
dorikin
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Fri, 23 August 2002 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the sway bars i got through Burson Auto Parts. they come from sydney, and i pick them up from a frined of mine who works for Bursons. if you would like, i could hook you up with a set?
bogstocka
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Sat, 24 August 2002 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also up here in briz aussie auto gear is good, they can be talked down quite a bit, we got kingsprings for fr=150 and rear for 100. don't know about sway bars but shouldn't be too hard to get the right price out of them.

simon
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Suspension - TA22 Mon, 26 August 2002 06:36 Go to previous message
haha good stuff, so how do you guys reccommend i go about getting that rear stabiliser for cheaper... Smiley $$ Nod how much cheaper would be a reosonable estimate? Everythings worked out with the panhard rod, i've taken the one out of my TA22 ST and have got a guy to fit an adjustable thingymajig onto it so it should be back next week. Also does anyone have the exact adress of this place to get the stabilisers in QLD and/or a phone number? Thanks.

André
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:worn tire noise from front end
Next Topic:LOTS of smoke
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:40:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043590068817139 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.