Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Sun, 22 February 2004 08:01 Go to next message
Hi all,

Well, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and sell my Sprinter. It has been stored in my garage for the last few months while my best intentions to restore it fell by the wayside.

It's got about 250000ks on the clock but had a recon engine 2 years ago (still a 4AC), and it all runs very reliably. It's got a full 6 months rego left, good interior (albeit a daggy brown), and airconditioning. Rust-wise, there are a few small spots but all in all quite clean for an '84 Sprinter.

It's factory standard other than a SAAS steering wheel w/boss kit, dark window tint, and remote central locking and alarm. I've also got a spare set of tail lights (one with broken indicator lens), a spare bumper in good nick, the original steering wheel, and a few other bits and pieces which will be included with the car for good measure Wink

Chasing offers around $3K. I'm in Perth - I doubt it's worth shipping interstate, but I'm open to the possibility.

Attachment: sprinter.jpg
(Size: 45.38KB, Downloaded 298 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
adavy84
Regular

February 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Sun, 22 February 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could u get some pics of the interior?
and maybe some more of the outside?

send to adavey@westnet.com.au
or post up
thanks
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Sun, 22 February 2004 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep no worries.. I'll take some more pics tomorrow and put them up on the web...
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Sun, 22 February 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that Sanderson's old Sprinter? I take it, you're not in the market for a 20 valve or 100kw then?

Clint
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Sun, 22 February 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Clint,

Yeah sure is, Benny sold it to me about a year ago, the whole time I've been pining to give it the restoration it deserves but have basically faced the reality that I won't have the time or money to do it for ages! Crying or Very Sad So I might as well let it go to a better home.

Hopefully one day when I'm rich & famous Wink I'll be able to get one and do it all properly...
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Mon, 23 February 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested, is there anything that requires work? I need a car to drive around perth for the next few months but want to spend minimal amounts of money on it while im here.

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2004 02:12]

BigHorse
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Mon, 23 February 2004 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm fairly interested in the car. I live in Adelaide so shipping would be necessary..and I have no idea about that stuff, except a rough estimate of the price. pics would be good too. email is yagi.home@bigpond.com
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Mon, 23 February 2004 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adavy: Rightio, here's a few more pics of the car. I removed the pin striping since that last picture, and it hasn't had a wash in months so is probably less shiny than it should be! Also I took close-ups of the three bits of rust - not that I want to show it off Confused but most Sprinters are gonna have some these days, so it's only fair to show you!

http://www.focal.net.au/sprinter

Hatzi: nothing needs work immediately, and I just paid the lisence on it for the next 6 months. In the near future though it might need a new battery (this one has gone flat a couple of times if I forgot to take the car out for a drive every week or two, might not be an issue for a daily driver), and some of the tyres are getting a little low on tread.

BigHorse: yeah from what I've heard it's about $500 (give or take) to send a car to any other state from Perth - not cheap! I guess we are a long way from anywhere here. Sad
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Mon, 23 February 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, Im from perth, im looking for a sprinter, and this is in my price range and what i want.. my email is mutilate@westnet.com.au if i can get some details of you, i might give you a call this weekend, and come have a look tnx. Take this seriously..

Matt

[Updated on: Mon, 23 February 2004 15:42]

Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Wed, 25 February 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*cough* bump *cough* Wink
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Wed, 25 February 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont Worry, Im going to ring friday night or Saturday morning, you can hold out till then Ian Smile
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Wed, 25 February 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah yeah Very Happy I guess I can wait 3 days... Wink

OK, I promise I won't accept anyone's offers under that $3K mark until you've had a chance to check it out first!
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Wed, 25 February 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Smile
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Thu, 26 February 2004 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, Im giving ya details to a friend of mine that's seriously looking for a Sprinter for a while now.

Also would you be willing to separate spare tail lights from the sale? Im looking for a spare driver's side tail (can be broken or whatever, wanting to fix broken "sprinter" strip)?

Asking same for the bumper, if its a rear bumper ^_^
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Fri, 27 February 2004 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i will be looking at her first..
Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Sat, 06 March 2004 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Price drop and gratuitous *bump*, now asking $2750 ono!
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Sun, 07 March 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember to keep my offer in mind Ian.
shortly
Newcomer

May 2002
Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [Perth] Tue, 09 March 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian

I'm definitely interested - looking for an OK daily runner with the potential to upgrade later.

I'm in Thornlie, so not too far to look.

You can email me with details of your address etc proton@iinet.net.au or call me on 0423032157.

Cheers

Sean Hunt

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 10:15]

Focal
Occasional Poster

September 2003

Re: EOI: AE86 Sprinter [SOLD] Tue, 09 March 2004 12:33 Go to previous message
Hi All,

Just thought I should let everyone know that I (verbally) agreed to sell the car, but thanks to everyone for their interest!

-Ian
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RARE mx22 for sale
Next Topic:1983 ae86
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:53:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0065040588378906 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.