Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 06 January 2004 07:53 Go to next message
TRUENO COUPE - RARE (None in Melbourne)
Black/White 2-tone
Original condition
160,000 km's (Genuine)
A/C
Perfect body and Paint
Extractors and System (stainless)
Front - Cusco Coilovers, Strut Brace, Pillow ball camber adjusters
Rear - TRD Springs and Adjustable shocks
2 x Bride Bucket seats
15" Watanabe Wheels with brand new tyres
TRD 2-way LSD
Other Extra's
Price $11,500 With 12 mnths REGO and RWC
Pics available for Interested parties
Contact k_pramodh@hotmail.com or 0421 302 364

[Updated on: Tue, 06 January 2004 08:26]

Send a private message to this user    
bootheman
Regular

March 2003

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 06 January 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate maybe intrested any pictures ?
and what area are u in?

is it a genuine JDM? if so when was it imported?

thanks
justin
86drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 06 January 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude its a COUPE meaning its must be an import
the ae86 was never released as a coupe here
if it was a jdm hatch with those specs you obviously would have to fight ppl of with a stick to sell it
though you havnt mentioned disc to disc rear or 100kw 4age
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 06 January 2004 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woah ncie for 11k
WITH rego

someone fucking buy it!!!
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 06 January 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin.....Will mail ya. Yes it is JDM and Imported from Jap. As 86drift mentioned....coupes were never sold in AUS and neither were Trueno's. It does have disc to disc rear along with the TRD 2-way LSD!

ae86drift...Yes this is a very good price for a JDM Trueno Coupe. Not many of these available even In Jap for this price....Plus its got all the good bits and in original condition.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Thu, 08 January 2004 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds tempting..

There are and will be a lot of panda trueno's on melbournes roads now Smile
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 09 January 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shcao...

Yeah It sure is nice to FINALLY see some JDM AE86's in Aus and Melbourne.....They are fine cars.

This will be the only Panda Trueno COUPE in Melbourne as far as I know!
indigoid
Regular

September 2002

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 09 January 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i believe there's at least one trueno coupe in or around canberra. its used for rallying with quite some success

j.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 09 January 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmmmmm coupe!
someone gimme a winning tatslotto ticket and i'll buy it Razz
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 16 January 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any Serious Buyers???

Other than the ones coming to see it this Weekend....

Wont find another JDM Trueno Coupe in Melbourne for sometime after this.....
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 16 January 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To all prospective buyers and pic hunters!.....

Please note that this car is a COUPE and not a Hatchback like Aus spec sprinters!

Coupe Advantages -
Lighter
More Rigid Body
Ideal for Race/Drift/Club work
Much more unique than a Hatchback in Aus

Disadvantages -
Not the same look as Initial D!!!

Other than that it's personal preference as to which body type you want.
rob-ae86
Regular

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 16 January 2004 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_k wrote on Fri, 16 January 2004 16:00

Disadvantages -
Not the same look as Initial D!!!

thats a disadvantage?
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 16 January 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 16 January 2004 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its jap spec right? which means it has power steering?

thought people would like ot know if it does or doesn't Smiley =
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 16 January 2004 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sir_ae86....Exactly my point! To some ppl it doesnt matter whether a car is loaded with all the good bits....they still want the Initial D look no matter what else its got! Hence the reason to list it as a disadvantage...

why....IT doesnt have to have P/S just cos its Jap spec. Not all cars came with P/S. This one definitely hasnt got it. Most prefer non assisted....for better feel. It also ads weight to the car...if used for race type purposes. More things to break as well!
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Fri, 16 January 2004 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WHY.. powersteering only came in the GT APEX model.. (which only represents a small portion of ae86s).

Power Steering reduces road feed back by about 10-20%.
There is negligible weight diffences between the two ( a few of KILOS as MOST for the motor). The columns are about the same weight.

Ae86s without power steering has more of a tendency to understeer. This is simply because of the inability to "quickly" pull the wheel when the weight is shifted to the front tyres. Under very high speed applications, this is not as apparent.

Toyota power steering setups are as tuff as nails. You really shouldnt have a problem there.

The power loss cause of power steering is negligible.

If I had a choice, I'd prefer it.

hope this helps.
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the information shcao... i've always been rusty on what models came with power steering, but i always knew that it was only offered in japan...

is this car still for sale? i can get some interested parties if you can get pics
FujiwaraTakumi[Æ86]
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there u go enjoy. this is wat this car advertised looks like

Attachment: AE86-2 (the 1 that got away).jpg
(Size: 94.05KB, Downloaded 516 time(s))
Attachment: AE86 (the 1 that got away).jpg
(Size: 83.72KB, Downloaded 404 time(s))

_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes i know what they look like.. im not after pics of what it looks like... i want one of the exact car
FujiwaraTakumi[Æ86]
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i no that, i aint dumb. that is the actual car. they were emailed to me as i was interested in this car. wat u see there is wat ull get if u buy this car, so im told
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still in japan isit?

bit weird
FujiwaraTakumi[Æ86]
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think its in aus now, not sure i fink it landed in aus like mid last week
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats a GT?
an ae85?
FujiwaraTakumi[Æ86]
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a gt u can c the sticker on the badge, dats y it doesnt have P/S. i fink only gt-apex came out P/S. not too sure with these 2dr coupes, correct me if im rong
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if only it was in sydney Sad
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GT is the Coupe equivalent of the GTV on the hatches.

It may come with slightlier budgety components.. but can't be 100% certain..

ae85 coupes were calle SEs if they were manual.. and GL if they were Auto's.

They also allegedly had Ryhme/lisse's grade on the ae85.. but don't know what they are on about.

And yes Fujiwara, GT Apexes only came with power steering cause you read that further up the page... and it's fact.

The GT Apex grade are called the same on both hatches and coupes.

rock on.
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow $11500
Sorry if this sounds silly but how come turenos seems more expensive compared to say... Celicas of the same era.
Is it because of the engine/gear box used, or because they are rear wheel drive.
Just currently shopping for an 80s Toyota and am curious as i haven't seen many of these and don't know much about them.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Because of the combination of handling, RWD layout, geometry, lightness, responsiveness, and practicality that makes them a winner. Also looks.

Cause of these factors, they are used extensively in japan on the raceway, circuits, etc..
They emulate a high end sports car well, at lower speeds.

They are a commemorative car for toyota. Last RWD corolla. So toyota wanted to finish with a bang.. So they made the ae86.
They pumped thousands and thousands into developing it. The car wasn't a fluke... They made a very thin profit margin on this vehicle I reckon. They incorperated power steering, twin cam fuel injection, climate control, plastic trimings, etc... This was very high tech. Very impressive for 1983. They combined the RWD of yesteryear into the body of the new AE corollas.

Notice the styling is years ahead of it's time?

They are now considered a CULT car. It is an ICON of a glorious past.. It represents the End of an ERA.. The era of RWD in non performance cars...

Hence, that is why they are so expensive.

rock on.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 January 2004 08:21]

Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh ok, i see now, some of those features are truley revolutionary for a car of 1983.
What is the different between the "australian spec" the the "japenese spec" then?
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to many to mention Laughing Laughing Laughing

firstly we didn't get the coupe version
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The aussie spec is pitiful compared to the japanese spec.

Our aus spec came with

1. An open diff, as compared to the japanese 1.5 LSD.
2. A longer ratio T50.
3. A caburetted 4a engine (4ac).
4. Cloth interior (as the same of the budget ae85 models).

We only got Levins with trueno tail lights.

However, the rolling shell is stil an ae86.. So they make excellent platforms to start modding.

rock on.
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And of course.. they are a cult car cause of

Initial D...

heheheh
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is Initial D?
Im assuming it has something to do with the panda colour scheme, as have seen this mentioned several times always to do with turenos and that colour scheme.
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anime about a boy drifter who drifts mountains and races in his ae86 trueno and beats all sorts of high performance jap cars with his 1337 drifting skills
Ribbo
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
initial d is one of the reasons for the very high prices of these cars

it is a japanese anime staring the ae86 drifting and beating lots of other cars
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rumour has it that the drift kid has found his way onto our forum Smile Smile

luckycup
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 19 January 2004 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drift wannabe just like all u other asians on this forum who watch initial D Laughing .... including myself Rolling Eyes
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 20 January 2004 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like everyone's been busy!

Fujuwara....thanks for posting pics. Yes the car is in Melbourne now.

ae86drift...the car is a GT spec AE86...The genuine article.

Tryurluk...Fly Virgin 1 way and drive back the long way on Princess Hwy....something you wont forget Smile

Shcao....thanks for explaining differences between the two. Aus spec car is no comparison to Jap spec unless you spend more money than what you can get an import for now ....with all the proper mods.

The whole reason the car has a cult following is due to its handling and balance. Even probably why it was chosen for Initial D. They really are insanely fast in the right hands....

Its personal preference whether you wanna be a Wannabe....ppl like cars for different reasons. The AE86 is definitely a performance car...one day when the wannabe's learn to drive the car properly it would be a added benefit! Laughing
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Wed, 28 January 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had lots of ppl inquiring as to price as is.....

No compliance and rego - Price $8500

This is a very good price... due to the fact that I dont have to muck around getting all the compliance work done. Willing to compliance and rego for original price $11,500 ono.
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Wed, 28 January 2004 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a 20 year old car, why do u need compliance?

Shocked
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Wed, 28 January 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why... I refer to it as compliance... You have to make certain changes for it to meet Aus specs...Side intrusion bars, Mirrors, Seatbelts etc and then get an approved Engineer to sign it off.

Cannot register the car till these requirements are met.
ymyars
Regular

February 2004
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 16 February 2004 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the car stil for sale?
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 16 February 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ymyars - Sorry the car is sold....If interested I have a madly modified Levin Coupe for sale...Jap import. Contact me...
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 23 February 2004 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After all the b/s , is this car still for sale ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Mon, 23 February 2004 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Read.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 24 February 2004 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_k wrote on Mon, 16 February 2004 21:31

ymyars - Sorry the car is sold....If interested I have a madly modified Levin Coupe for sale...Jap import. Contact me...

read and next time dont cut and paste the ?? in ok?
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Tue, 24 February 2004 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry got lost in all the b/s ...
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: F/S : AE86 TRUENO COUPE (PANDA COLOUR) Wed, 25 February 2004 05:32 Go to previous message
Yes its sold! After a lot of bullshit from ppl who can only afford Aus spec sprinter but dream a lot!

Went to a person who appreciates and knows (and can afford!) the value of a JDM Trueno with all the good parts in it.

Wont see many of these for this sort of price in Future.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTD: a-b car in SA
Next Topic:Wanted AE86 $10k to spend in Sydney only
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:42:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0086839199066162 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.