Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Wed, 18 February 2004 04:11 Go to next message
One of my mates recently purchased a 25k+ skyline which has exhaust, highflow turbo, and copious other mods, its running 10-12 psi or so and boy does it pull. I had a ride in it, and thought no way my car could keep up.
Anyhow later on we were driving along together and had a few rolls on where i would pull on him, then he shifted down to 2nd and we had another roll on and we were dead even. We get to a red light waiting.... light does green we take off, bit of wheel spin on my part and as im snapping second im about 1-2 car length on him, by the end of second im about 4 or more car lengths ahead, at around 80 i slowed down and he was gaining a bit, so ofcourse he would walk over me in a long drag but hey, was i suprised what my nevo modded sc aw11 could do!
  Send a private message to this user    
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your friend needs to learn how to drive
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what i was thinking... but even in a second gear roll on, where he was foot to floor, my car kept up no problem
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, 10-12 psi isn't much for a modded R33
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in fact, very close to stock boost
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so stock boost is say 8psi?
What he needs to do is crank it to 16 or so?

I thought it was pretty bad after spending that much money it aint that fast.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am definitely no nissan expert but from what i have read, you shouldn't go past about 13psi with an rb25 as they run 9:1 compression. Whereas the rb20 runs 8.5:1 and they run 10psi stock. Also the rb25 is a ceramic turbine I think.

If I were him, I would ditch the stock turbo and get one of the numerous bolt on turbos for rb25s.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmn, interesting. maybe cause his has a loud exhaust and standard ricer bov, it seems alot faster than it actually is? go the mr2 but
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am not so sure that his friend "needs to learn how to drive"
A nevo pulley modded aw11 sc is about a second quicker than a standard aw11 sc which is proven to be good for 0-100km at 6.5 seconds.The Nevo equipped car (5.5 second 0-100kms) would be quicker than the skyline turbo to 100kms no problem at all.
Of course after 100kms the skyline would leave the aw11 sc behind as the skyline is charging on full boost from here on.
Do not under estimate the aw11 sc as a stoplight warrior as it is capable of humbling many more highly rated performance cars from 0-100kms.

Regards superaw11.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From a stand still not alot would come close to the aw11's sheer take off, it just gets up and boogies with minimal wheel spin because of the rear engine layout. Hopefully even more with my modified pod intake and zorst thats comming...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What engine? RB25DET? 'cuz those things aren't very good at all. The GTR Rocks, but the GTS and GTS-t aren't realy anything to write home about. Not much poke. An MR2, being a hell of a lot lighter than a R33 with a Supercharder snaping the power on right away would beat a lot of things from the lights and at lower speeds.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why don't you tell that to subzero who ran a 9.4 using an rb25!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Thu, 19 February 2004 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but he would have had all the mods in the world done to it. Internals would have been different yeah? With a ported and polished head? Perhaps new cams, new I/C with a much bigger turbo. I'm talking about stock or with only a few mods the GTS-T isn't anything compared to the GTR. I'm sure once you have changed so many parts that it's almost a different engine you could have it make ice cream for you if you really wanted.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Fri, 20 February 2004 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, obviously that one was the duck's nuts of rb25's. They aren't that bad an engine, pretty strong (not as strong as a 1j Smile) and can make some good power when modded well.

BTW only toyota engines can make ice-cream Smile
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Sat, 21 February 2004 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"your friend needs to learn how to drive"??????

no he doesnt! an r33 is essentialy a japanense commodore, big and heavy, and mr2 is tiny and got some guts

"not much poke"

the rb series of engines have gained respect he world over for being powerful in stock form and also taking mods very well, drive a 32 gts-t then ull know, but i mean in comparison to your 1.5 carby engine the rb's are pretty gutless but.........

"all the mods in the world"
im not 100% sure but the bottom end would most probably be stock and the fact that it can take all of those mods is a testament to its quality!

not close to a 2jz tho Very Happy
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Sat, 21 February 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Thu, 19 February 2004 19:36

Whereas the rb20 runs 8.5:1 and they run 10psi stock.

are you sure about running 10psi? My mate has one and people are telling him that they only run 6-7 psi. But my mate is rather gullible when it comes to stuff like that.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Sat, 21 February 2004 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RB26DETT is an awesome engine stock. It puts out 206kw and 368nm in a car that weighs 1530kg! 120kw per ton! That rocks.
The RB25DET however puts out 137kw and 184nm for a car weighing 1370kg. That's 88kw per ton. A 1996 Civic 1.6 VTEC has 96kw per ton (although it does get that power much higher in the rev band).
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Sat, 21 February 2004 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No way an RB25DET only has 137kw!!! that seems way too little, but show me the fact sheets and i'll apologise.. My guess is that the RB25DET is up around 180kw give or take a couple.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Sun, 22 February 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he meant 173kw for the rb25.

yep, rb20 is 10psi stock. My mates is only running 6psi at the moment too, but that is because his wastegate actuator is stuffed.
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Sun, 22 February 2004 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay now I just look like an idiot.
The R25DET has 127kw/ton. Stock a MR2 with a 4A-GZE has 128kw/ton. And then an MR2, as it is MR config, it doesn't lose as much power on the drivetrain as a FR car does.
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Tue, 24 February 2004 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF is your mate doign running 11 psi on a highflowed turbo.?

RUN MORE BOOST!! haahah.

Yes the r33 gtst turbos are bb but have ceramic turbines, when highflowed it would have mostl likely been changed to an steel turbine wheel.

My friends R33 GTST with mild mods pulled an 13.1@110mph at heathcote. Another mate who has an auto R33 GTST on 12psi pulled an 14.5 also at heathcote, another mate who has an RB20 R32 GTST pulled 13.8

definately not 'slow'... well compared to a honda.

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Modded R33 vs SC Mr2 Tue, 24 February 2004 01:11 Go to previous message
LowRollaBoy wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 11:15

definately not 'slow'... well compared to a honda.

Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Aus Spec AE86 v R32-GTR v R33-GTR
Next Topic:81 Hilux Vs Steel Guard Rail
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:04:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058350563049316 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.