Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
4age/4agze into ke20 Sun, 15 February 2004 06:44 Go to next message
Hi all.
I am about to begin building up a ke20 and putting in either a 4age 20v or a 4agze. want i need to know is the right types of diff, struts, discs etc that i will need for the conversion. Any help will be appreciated.
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Sun, 15 February 2004 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put a 13b in it better Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13b = illegal.

there are MANY ways to do this conversion. you can use anything from the original struts to custom, stock diff to ford 9", T or W series box. discs? well take some time to go thru the DBA cat after you have chosen your struts...

not a huge amount of info around on these conversions, but they are around...
Cya, Stewart
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

13b = illegal.

Why is this illegal?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if a KE20 weighs 800kg, the maximum NA motor you can put in it is 2.4L.

this is all in the "Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Modification" available from the RTA

[Updated on: Mon, 16 February 2004 07:33]

-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt a 13B a 1.3 litre? what about if you get it engineered or put into a ke55?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh no.
KE55, depends on original vehicle weight. these are MAXIMUM figure for LEGAL engineering.
please take note of my sig Wink i already told you where to find the info....

anyhoo, enough thread jacking...

good luck with the KE20 install.. i suggest getting along to a toymods dyno day. there always seem to be a couple of 4A KE20's there..

Cya, Stewart
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RTA man bunch of cock suckers Smile
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.mazdarotary.net/technical.htm

look at the bottom of this site. Says the 13B engine is 1.3 litre 1308cc the ke55 came out with a 1.3L engine so shouldnt it be legal????
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FFS.
rotary is 2 stroke, the accepted capacity of the rotraies is twice the displaced volume, and in some racing classification, 2.5 or 3 times.

how

about

you

go

talk

to

an

engineer.....

that easy enough to understand?? they will be amused about putting 13B into KE20 Wink
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how

about

you

read

properly....

i said into a ke55
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

what does a KE35/55 weigh? use that weight and...
Quote:

this is all in the "Code of Practice for Light Vehicle Modification" available from the RTA

which will tell you EXACTLY the maximum capacity NA and charged engine you can put in it WITH engineering.

without engineering, maximum capacity increase or power increase is 15% above stock..

soudns to me like you have never looked at the engineering rules for light vehicles before?? now is a good tiem to start..

the COPfLVM is only about $50 or so (well, was when i bought it)

i read KE55, i know it weighs almost the same as a KE35 (approx 850-870kg) AND i know the formula the RTA uses to work out engine capacities that are legally engineerable. you obviously don't Wink all you need to do is a little research (on the RTA website f'rinstance)

i can't help you with your attitude tho Cool
how about you start another thead and sto thread-jacking huh?
Cya, Stewart
-=NiGz=-
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your the one with the attitude not me Smile think you need to take a chill pill
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-=NiGz=- wrote on Mon, 16 February 2004 00:17

put a 13b in it better Razz

comments such as this are unconstructive... if you can't help the original poster then please don't post

Quote:

RTA man bunch of cock suckers

is another pointless and even offensive comment

These sort of comments are not going to be tolerated especially in the tech section.

Please think about what you post NiGz... further examples will incur a warning.

da_snuff
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now back onto the original thread Laughing
a mate of mine is doing the same conversion with a 4age into a ke20, it seems doing the rear diff and discs and also any mods to rear suspension is easiest done by transplanting the backend(axle, diff, discs)from a rwd car of your choice(i'd go the last of the rwd celicas maybe) then get an engineer to cut n shut etc, im not sure exactly what is done in this process to mod the rear axle to fit but im sure stuart will have more answers than you need Very Happy
ps. i know very little so no one should take my word for anything Laughing
aidan
da_snuff
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Mon, 16 February 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry stewart, i misspelt your name in the previous post Razz
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Tue, 17 February 2004 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
depends on how much power you're going to produce as to what sort of diff you're going to need.

a 4agze or gte would mince a ta22 diff in no time if driven "enthusiastically"...so i wouldn't go to the expense of modding one of those.

dare i say it but a borg warner shortened to suit might be a good idea to look at perhaps?

re: front discs, there are a few options - stewart might be best to comment here though - from what i've read on old corollas ke70 gear will bolt straight up (depending on what power you're going to make here) - not sure whether you could look at the hilux/pug/rt132/xt130 strut conversion maybe? fook is doing this in his ke35 at the moment with 4AGE conversion.

IF i ever get a corolla again it will have a 4K with either quad throttle bodies/fuel injection or turbocharged. i like my K motors and, after one engine conversion which is fairly straightforward wouldn't bother doing one again. just mod whats already there and fits fine.

just my 2c.
Seadog
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Wed, 18 February 2004 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in the middle of doing the diff/struts in my KE20 now. I used the RA60 front struts and control arms. The struts are perfect, but the control arms are waay too short. But thats relatively easy fixed. In the back I used a sigma diff. I'm not sure if its the best option yet. There don't seem to be many lsd centres for this, but it has 280mm discs and is a bit bigger than a sprinter diff (BW68 I think). It measures about 1400mm wide which just fits under my KE20 which has been pumped a bit. I'm also using 15" silvia rims which have a +40mm offset. The diff only cost $70 so I'll fit it up and see how it goes but I may end up getting a skyline one cut down yet.

You can bolt up KE70 discs to KE20 hubs and the backing plate can just be made up out of some 6mm plate (using the Girlock KE70 calipers). I have this set up on my current KE20 and it is better but I don't think any engineer will be satisfied with it for a ZE or 20V conversion. BTW I have a 20V in my unfinished KE20.

If you need any help on the 20V install check out the gallery and there are some photos of mine in a pdf doc. called "20V RWD the right way" or something. I have some close ups of the mods I made to the head now as well (for water flow).

Also (to whom it may concern) a 13B is classed as a 2.6 liter engine by the RTA and therefore illegal in anything under 866.67kg, but yes the RTA are a bunch of penis lickers.

Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Wed, 18 February 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bit off topic, but relevant ...

what boost does the 41gze run standard, and what boost can u run with a FMIC installed ?
kehamer
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Tue, 24 February 2004 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats awesome. way more info than expected. thanks heaps aye. just another question since i am a "newcomer", is there a way to track these messages, cause its pretty annouying having to find my own messages every time i come online....

ill keep you all updated on how the ke20 goes....the little rust that is in it is on its way out now....not too long till it can be sprayed.
chris philpott
Regular

November 2002
Re: 4age/4agze into ke20 Tue, 24 February 2004 11:45 Go to previous message
Seadog do you have any more info on strut conversion as i have the same intentions. Details on mods and alterations Very Happy

be a great help Cheers Chris Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:LEVIN OR TRUENO GT? GTV? GT APEX? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE
Next Topic:Celica T50 and AE92 4AGE
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 15:31:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062370300292969 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.