Toymods » Track Talk » AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13 Tue, 24 February 2004 10:31 Go to next message
This was actually a while ago. Maybe about 4 weeks ago. I was on a simple 2 land 60kph zone. Crossing ghetto area in melbourne. Suburb will remain unnamed due to potiential people living there.

It was a friday night about 6/7pm.
i just picked up car from Toyospares. Replaced a few sensors. Did a filter change and oil change. Used Shell helix Ultra.
Was on the way to pick up my gf from work.

I just was driving 60kph. Heard a distant burnout from the calais at the red light ahead. Came to a stop near him. He was on the front left and infront of me on the right was a s13 underbodied blue neoned with a postal tube exhaust. On my left was a nice black suzuki swift gti with sparco momo and exhaust with rnb playing. The lights turned green. Everyone went hard out of the lights. I tailed the s13 through the lights overtook the calais and took the left lane at the following set of lights. This was in the distance of about 150 metres. 2nd set of lights. s13 boy looks over and revs and i heard a little chirp so i assumed it was turbo. Lights turned green. I dropped it at 5000rpm. Kept up in first gear lost about half a length. Slotted into second. And took on 2nd up to 7200rpm and pulled level with him. just before i reached for 3rd he swung infront of me. just missing me by about 30 cm. There was a car turning right in his lane. He changed back and turned right and i followed him. I caught the faggot ont he corner. and took the inside and was level with him again. He gunned it in second again and i was already going a bit faster than him. I started to move closer and closer to him. To the left lane. so close when he pulled away in at high 2nd gear and shifted to 3rd he clipped my side mirror with his drivers side. he freaked and stopped at the redlight. So did i.
I saw the driver clearly for the first time through his open drivers window. It was my mate from high school. I called his name hes like.
Fuck man WTF u doing! I'm like "Theoretically u shoulda ripped me bad with u'r sr20det U'r a shit driver". Hes replies "you almost got me killed twice. I laughed back said "i trid to kill me first. By then i had to return back coz i did take a detour for this expedition haha.
  Send a private message to this user    
LowRollaBoy
Regular

June 2002
Re: AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13 Tue, 24 February 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doubt it was sr20det.
Musta been na ca18 or sr20. .. but u never know!

U can usually tell turbo ca18/sr20's from the NA's as the NA's give off that twincam 'tincan' exhaust note like the 4age's, whilst the turbos give off a more low bassy grunt.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 February 2004 23:34]

Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13 Wed, 25 February 2004 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not 100% sure about this but don't the ca18 equipped 180sx's have the uglier front bumper ( the one with the slots just below the bonnet's leading edge)? And the SR20's have the bumper with the opening at the bottom? That's how I always thought you could tell the difference.

As for turbo and NA differences... Rolling Eyes
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13 Wed, 25 February 2004 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was it a silvia or a 180sx.. if a 180sx it was turbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13 Wed, 25 February 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ca 180s have the squarer front bar than sr20 ones.

sr20 silvias have a wing that connects in the middle.
ca silvias don't.

q's = no turbo
Smile
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13 Thu, 26 February 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*edit...read a post the wrong way*

silvias
k=turbo
q=n/a

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2004 03:41]

4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: AE86 vs Swift GTI vs V8 Calais vs S13 Fri, 27 February 2004 06:05 Go to previous message
Its a sr20det. My mates car. Its black with a fully sick kit.
Seen the motor. Driven it. But hey its the driver. There is alot of human turbo lag. Lol. All he can do is launch the thing which a 3 toothed sloth can do.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Impound and defect laws
Next Topic:4AGZE MR2 vs RX7 S3 13B ext port
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:19:31 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056438446044922 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.