Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

icon10.gif  Workshops in SA Tue, 24 February 2004 08:40 Go to next message
OK i know this isnt in the tech section, but i only wanted the SA ppls to see it..

just looking for good toyota workshops that have a history working with 4ages

who does good work with good prices?

THANKS Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Tue, 24 February 2004 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fours N More at Pooraka, speak to Brenton. They are always busy, so book in advance.

They are very knowledgeable on Toyota's, do excellent work and are very nice people.
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Workshops in SA Tue, 24 February 2004 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danish wrote on Tue, 24 February 2004 19:56

Fours N More at Pooraka, speak to Brenton. They are always busy, so book in advance.

They are very knowledgeable on Toyota's, do excellent work and are very nice people.

i second that. i am one of fours and mores biggest customers and have always taking care of me. brenton has done alot of work to my car including my previous ke30 4agze conversion, currently my ke10 4agte conversion and he will be alot working on tidying up bits and pieces on my ae82 4agze in the next few weeks. always need to ensure you need to book ahead especially for any conversion work. theres a bit of a queue for conversions there at the moment and have heard they wobt be taking on any conversion jobs until they finish the ones they have at the moment. which is only two i believe, mine and a supra. best to check with them personally though
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Tue, 24 February 2004 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of the Supra, that 1JZ-GTE VVTi looks like it's going to be lethal.

I recognised that engine from the HPI Artical "Denzo's Destroyer". It was in a GZ10 or similar chasis.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Workshops in SA Wed, 25 February 2004 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto to everything said about Fours N More

Brendon
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Workshops in SA Wed, 25 February 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fours and more!

great thanks guys
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My personal opinion.

Fours and more great work..Brenton great bloke.

Jaustech good but more expensive..they have better toys i.e dyno

Mitchell auto engineering...ass clowns..
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frank_grimes wrote on Thu, 26 February 2004 11:42

My personal opinion.

Mitchell auto engineering...ass clowns..

hahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing
Danish
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know of a few arseclowns to stay away from, PM if you have too.

Laughing
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok my friend wants to get some work done by 'BT Automotive' anyone ever heard of this place? if u have, please spill ur opinions.

they claim they will throw a supercharger on his 86kw 4age (ae82) for $2000..

ive told him to swap for a gze but he wont listen and claims this is better, i dont even know if the dude is gonna put in forged pistons, or just run the thing with high CR

what u rekon ppls?
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone had a conversion done into a ta22 by fours and more? i'm just starting to weigh up all my options, and thinking of costs versus time off the road etc
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peewee wrote on Thu, 26 February 2004 20:32

anyone had a conversion done into a ta22 by fours and more? i'm just starting to weigh up all my options, and thinking of costs versus time off the road etc

ask synper. his is a ta23 i think but might have a bit of info for you. he should also know a few of the celicas that have gone thru
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I contacted fours and more yesterday --> to find out about the pricing of getting a 1ggte into my ra23....

EST $5 - $6000 just to get it in and wired up.....

*EEEP*

EDIT __ $10k for engineered.....

[Updated on: Thu, 26 February 2004 21:50]

lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How much did you think it would be? That sounds about right.

Conversions are expensive! That's why most people try to do them at home if they can. It's not just a matter of saying "oh, the halfcut is this much so add on a couple of grand and that'll be around it".

Many costs and much time is required for these sort of things. It's better to find out now what is a realistic cost and base your plans around that. And then you'll see that it is simpler and cheaper to by a car with a more powerful engine in the first place Smile . Some of us only find this out AFTER the conversion!

And engineering's expensive (that's why some people don't get it done). Confused But getting defected for a car that you've just spent $6K on because it wasn't enginnered - why risk it?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 26 February 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, in regards to overall cost, engineering is one of the cheap parts. and it makes your car legal.

i know of an engineer that charges around the $800 mark, and is Regency approved. In fact, he's their preferred engineer. and that price includes the AIR testing.

after i put a 4A-GE in a KE30 corolla for a mate, i also had it engineered, so every time he gets pulled over for having a quicker-than-usual KE30, he opens the bonnet, and shows them the Vehicle Modifications Plate that regency put on the firewall, and the copper lets him go. been 5 times now... Rolling Eyes

well worth it.

basically, if you dont have the money to get it engineered, then dont do the conversion. what happens if you're driving down the road, and some dickhead pulls out in front of you? say bye-bye to your insurance coverage...

Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Workshops in SA Fri, 27 February 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know of alot of celica's that have been through there, I have had my ta22 that I used to have, and also now my TA23 throughh there for difefrent reasons.
as for the 1ggte into RA23, it all depends on how much you can do yourself as to how much of a conversion is going to cost, I gather that you were not going to do any of it yourself ?! $6k sounds good. and they should be able to do it relatively easy due to having just done one recently, you will be amazed at what little things you have to spend money on whilst doing a conversion like this though.

as for supercharghing the 4age ?! if ya know what you're doing you should be able to get a 4agze and put it in for that price, and it's factory boosted, so there will be no p[robs in theory, seems silly boosting a N/A engine when there is the same engine already in boosted form.

Brendon
ra23mad
Forums Junkie

September 2003

Re: Workshops in SA Fri, 27 February 2004 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys - don't get me wrong I wasn't complaining about the price...

I was just sorta - eep ... here I was thinking around 2 or 3 k and I agree whole heartedly about engineering - will be done Smile just means I have to save up some more before I get anything done Smile
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Workshops in SA Sat, 28 February 2004 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I second Jaustech...although they are a bit exy!
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Mon, 01 March 2004 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a MA61 - 7mgte converversion and went the 50/50 option, i did a lot of the engineering work myself eg: dropping the engine in, modifying the sump/engine mounts, making brackets for and mounting the intercooler, oil cooler, air flow meter, etc. and then got fours and more (definitly the place to go) to do the wiring and get it running (the hard part). You can save quite a bit of money doing this stuff yourself if you've got the time and a well equiped shed (or a dad with one).

The thing to remember is don't underestimate how long it'll take - mine took a couple of years - and all the extra bits and pieces you have to buy that you have no idea about at the start, but i reckon it's worth it in the end, once you get to drive it.

Drew.
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Wed, 03 March 2004 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Fri, 27 February 2004 10:35

actually, in regards to overall cost, engineering is one of the cheap parts. and it makes your car legal.

i know of an engineer that charges around the $800 mark, and is Regency approved. In fact, he's their preferred engineer. and that price includes the AIR testing.

Steve,

Who is this engineer ? The best quote I have got is from Doug Potts, and the cost will be about $1200 to $1500 (for a 7M-GTE into a Mk2 Supra - itt may be a little cheaper as i can tee up with another local guy that has done the same conversion and we will aim to do it together).

I'd love to have the contacts to compare though

Cheers

Michael B

PS Either PM me or email direct on michael.bachmann@holden.com.au
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 04 March 2004 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, mate...it was Doug Potts.

maybe it's not 'what' you know...but then...
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Thu, 04 March 2004 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 21:36

actually, mate...it was Doug Potts.

maybe it's not 'what' you know...but then...

Bugger. Hopefully by me and Dave doing it together will save some money.

Oh well

Cheers

Michael B
punka85
Regular

May 2003
Re: Workshops in SA Fri, 05 March 2004 03:34 Go to previous message
Ive heard some good and bad things about a place down at panorama...

"BOOST WORX"?... next to maddat motorsport i think.

Was thinking about getting my dyno'ing and tuning done there...

any one else had experience with them?

cheers
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hi im new need some help
Next Topic:DEAD A/C in AE82 Corolla Seca
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 17:31:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053820610046387 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.