Toymods » Tech & Conversions » ST162 3S-GE engine mounts troubles

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
ST162 3S-GE engine mounts troubles Sun, 29 February 2004 09:27 Go to next message
Seems that my north engine mount is busting up on me chronically...I've replaced it once, and now it's gone again. What's the score here? The engine is sitting really low on the mount and pushing it down a bit, which is causing the rubber to tear? Is this a common problem, or is my car 'out of shape' iun some way or another Smile

The only other thing I can think of is dodgy workmanship on the part of my ex-mechanic.
  Send a private message to this user    
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 3S-GE engine mounts troubles Sun, 29 February 2004 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
north....? is that the front or rear, I would think it's the rear, correct or wrong? if it is the rear is a solid mount, well mine is, it has now room for movement, if it's the front, didn't you have a problem where your crossmember was bent? did you ever fix it? that would be the reason the engine is squashing the mount.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 3S-GE engine mounts troubles Mon, 01 March 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Front...
I'm not exactly sure whether it is bent or not, there are no obvious creases on top of the crossmember. I'll put a decent pic up later -> but it looks in close to decent shape.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: ST162 3S-GE engine mounts troubles Mon, 01 March 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no obvios bends or creases, they don't always, after my headlight had a roo land on it it kinda aimed up at a 30 degree angle, I thought it was just the fact the light poped out of the mounting frame, when I put the mounting frame back on the top of it still aimed up at a 30 degree angle, funny thing is there is no creasing, paint crack, or bending visable anywhere, it obviosly is, but it looks exactly the same when you compare it to a straight frame. The moral of this story is............. I don't fuckin know Laughing

Try getting a urethane centre one made for it, or the front has some up/down movement where it sits in the bracket can you adjust it there?
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: ST162 3S-GE engine mounts troubles Mon, 01 March 2004 12:29 Go to previous message
I might take it down to a wreckers and see if they match up at all...
It's had a fair hit to it during it's life, cause it's quite mangled on the bottom, but it doesn't look like a bad enough hit to cause the thing to bend. More likely the car has been in a front ender.
If I get the car on a chassis puller (if it is indeed out of round) would that help?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Quickie: Are Ra40 and Ra23 Hubs the same?
Next Topic:Body Kits...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 11:33:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10124897956848 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.