Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Toymods Membership & Feedback » CAMS affiliated ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
CAMS affiliated ? Mon, 01 March 2004 00:03 Go to next message
Does Toymods have any future plans of becoming CAMS affiliated?
  Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: CAMS affiliated ? Mon, 01 March 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

The question of cams affiliation has been a hot topic with Toymods since it started. It has been looked into on several occasions and each time the same conclusion has been reached.

Cams just doesn't work for most Toymodders. We are a socially focused club and whilst alot of Toymodders are keen motorsport enthusiasts it is generally a minority of financial members. Most of which are already members of a Cams affiliated club. The additional costs involved of being a cams affiliated club outway the benefits that would be acheived for a few of our members.

This may of course change as time goes by but for now Toymods will continue to focus on being a Social club first and foremost.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: CAMS affiliated ? Mon, 01 March 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thoroughly recommend and use "The Mini Car Club of Wetersn Asutralia" for a sporting memebership of $15/yr for my CAMS requirements, and no, I don't even own a Mini. This forfills the requirement by CAMS to have a CAMS affiliated Car Club membership, even though it doesn't really serve any purpose. Yes it's a waste of money and time, but this is yet another stupid idiosyncrasy of CAMS!

Another weird (read: fucking stupid) inadequacy of CAMS is their failure to be able to issue a license from the state sub offices, even if you walk into the office, pay the fee, and receive a receipt! The license is even backdated to the receipt date but is not issued till days/weeks/months later (this has happened several times to various people I know as well as personally when having to deal with the WA office)?!?

Get the feeling I've had enough of the crap they enforce as office policy?!?
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: CAMS affiliated ? Wed, 03 March 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I researched this for the club last year and as Rod's post indicates it wasn't realy suitable for the club.

I'd be very interested in hearing what you'd like the CAMs affiliation for, if there is a good benefit to be had by all of our members then we'll need to discuss this further.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: CAMS affiliated ? Thu, 04 March 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if not for Toymods, then perhaps there is a NSW Club that ToyMods can recommend for local CAMS membership?

Or can there be like two types of membership of Toymods? A "social" membership and a "social + CAMS" membership?

I know nothing about how it all works, so I may just be talking crap.. but yeah, just thought I would throw that in.

Rob Wink
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAMS affiliated ? Wed, 10 March 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for delay in replying.

I was possibly mistaken here, but I thought for the Eastern Creek and Oran Park open track days you needed a CAMS license.

I just went to their websites to grab the info and now cannot see any reference to requiring a CAMS license.

Cheers
Joel
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: CAMS affiliated ? Sat, 17 April 2004 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just thought I'd mention, CAMS are *just* starting to hold affiliated drifting meets so perhaps in the future there will be more incentive to become a CAMS affiliated club as the scene grows?

I dunno, just thought I'd bring it to your attention (even though I'm not a toymods member, nor a dorifto nut)
ae86trueno
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: CAMS affiliated ? Fri, 30 April 2004 02:53 Go to previous message
If you want a good CAMS car club join NSSCC, They are holding 4 Tarmac events this year, 3 on the Skidpan at Eastern Creek, and one on the Oran Park south Circuit. All are good fun with lots of sideways tyre smoking action.

Ben
AE86 Trueno 4AGE.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Newbie :)
Next Topic:Another idea
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:26:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0035140514373779 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.