Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
qQFoB
Occasional Poster

August 2002

5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Tue, 20 August 2002 01:19 Go to next message
sup guys,

i live in the US and i happen to have gotten my hands on a gen3 3SGE from a ST202 celica... i also have the cut harness, and a 95 3SGE ECU. well the last step remains... to find out what else i need.

i usually dont come upon this board much, but i have no other choice. ive searched the history, and it doesnt seem like you guys play around with gen3 3SGEs much... so i now have to ask you guys for a few favors...

-1. i will be needing a complete wire diagram... ECU pins work, if you have those, send it over also... but a complete gen3 3SGE MR2 diagram would be great.

-2. im not sure exactly what sensors im missing, if any, or if the sensors are identical to a 91 5SFE. anyone with information, greatly appreciated.

-3. vaccuum lines are all screwy. vac. diagram helps before i have to try every combination out there.

-4 if anyone can tell me anything else, im happier.

now im not trying to get you to get on your ass and do senseless bs for me, i will repay you in favor if you ask.

however, i have another smarter idea...

if someone can walk to the local dealership and be able to order me a 1995 MR2 service manual, ill pay for it, the shipping amount, and an extra good amount of greenbacks for you to get yourself a nice boomerang...(joke)

let me know, thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Tue, 20 August 2002 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a gen 3 3sge out of a mr2 i'm playing with. i also have an almost complete wiring diagram (is missing a page - but will get that) the loom is certainly one of the neatest i have seen from toyota - much better than a gen2 one!!

don't believe there is a '95 type wiring book for the mr2 - is definatly one for the celica though. if i can get you the book order number, you will be able to order it in the states.

mosts sensors etc should interchange - the coil/igniter changed around '94 though - is different to the earlier type (may still work ok though)

T
qQFoB
Occasional Poster

August 2002

Re: 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Tue, 20 August 2002 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what year/car do you have? what country spec?

the loom is definately one of the neatest, i shouldnt need to tap any wires aft of the engine bay fuse box anyways. do you think you are able to get me those pages for the diagram? also, since you have the same motor, can you give me a clue on how the vaccuum lines run??

as for the sensors, they should be interchangable, but only depending on motor to motor. my car is starting out as a 5SFE, and im afraid i might not even have the sensors... lets home its not so. igniter and coil shouldnt be a big problem, im already running on a MSD blaster coil, and as you say, igniter should work.

one more question, does the gen 3 have a external MAF?

thanks
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Tue, 20 August 2002 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
motor is out of a '94 sw20 mr2. will be going into a '88 aw11 mr2

yes i can get the pages.

am getting engine manual as well - it will cover the vac lines

gen 3 motor uses a map sensor.

T
ae102_3sgte
Occasional Poster

August 2002
Re: 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Tue, 20 August 2002 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey! You are in NY!
Where in NY are you? I am in Toronto.
I have a GenII 3SGE in my Corolla.

I have to go to work, I will reply later.
I think I have some info for you.

qQFoB
Occasional Poster

August 2002

Re: 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Mon, 26 August 2002 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey there, yeah im in NYC, NY. pretty far from Canada still though. ive heard that you guys are crazy around the mountains up there. ive also heard parts arent that expensive up there either. mind shipping me something?

do they have 3SGE's naturally in Canada? u think you would be able to get me a MR2 manual?
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Tue, 27 August 2002 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I work with gen 3 engines in our race MR2. all the sensors have different plugs to earlier models. basically they changed plugs each few years. the ST202 vacuum system is different to MR2. The book all this is # RM396E. The celica also has different water outlets & front crank pulley, and these have to be changed to gen 3 MR2 to fit into a MR2.
qQFoB
Occasional Poster

August 2002

Re: 5SFE (US spec MR2n/a, Camry also) to gen3 3SGE Mon, 16 September 2002 05:00 Go to previous message
i want to just update this post, see if anyone has anymore inquiries

by the way thanks for all the information everyone...

i cant find the book yet as of currently, but im trying. thanks
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Oil Squirters
Next Topic:MX 83 fuel consumption
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 22:58:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069239139556885 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.