Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 04:45 Go to next message
has anyone here had there wisdom teeth out?
i just got mine out yesterday, so anyone got any advice or reccomendations for food, coz its a bit limited atm. aslo how long did it take you to recover, as i start uni on monday.
cheers
Will
  Send a private message to this user    
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had an opperation just over 2 years ago where i had 8 teeth removed, this included my widsom teeth,

It took me about 1-2 months b4 i could even think about chewing & attempting to eat solid foods, so i pretty much lived on things like custard, soup (not hot as it can agrovate the cuts & cause bleeding, not to mension hurt the sensitive gums) & mashed potato,

Cheers,

Rabbit
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most ppl I know who have had their wisedom teeth out were back to normal within 3 or 4 days.

I'm lucky thus far, it looks like I'm gonna keep mine
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whatever you eat should include Panadeine Forte six hourly for the first day or 3.
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im gunna have to get mine out soon Sad looks like my top two wisdom teeth are growing and the bottom two arent growing so does that mean i have to get them done? and hows the hole procedure on getting them out is it really painfull would it be best to go under or just stay awake during the process?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You need some dental Xrays to see whether the 2 that haven't erupted are 'impacted'. There are other issues like dental crowding even if they erupt in the correct way. You should seek dental advice.

[Updated on: Tue, 24 February 2004 05:54]

bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was under general anesthetic during the operation. i would recommend getting gassed, as it was quite trippy and really mad. then they put the drip in, with the anesthetic. it doesn't take long, i went into the theatre at about 4 and was going home at about 6, 6:30.
but there hasn't been alot of pain yet, maybe coz of the painkillers, but eating a bowl of spag bol just hurt the jaw a little bit. other than that theres been some jelly, yogo, gelati, etc.
celicaboi - i had to have mine out because they were growing sideways into my molars, which could have caused rubbing and erosion, which could have resulted in an abscess. also, they were pushing my teeth together from both sides which made them look like they were crowded and sorta wonky. if you bottom ones aren't growing they should be no problem.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my wife had hers out 3 years ago, she could barely open her mouth, that means she couldnt, um ,u know Rolling Eyes Confused Sad
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I've had all four taken out. My recommendation to anyone needing them out is, do it one side at a time. This way you can still eat regular foods easily, within a small timeframe on the other side of your mouth. Don't leave it till the teeth start to decay or need attention, as this weakens the tooth and can leave you with a trip to the oral sugeon to remove the sections the dentist can't get out in the chair - not cheap I know!!! I feel having two at a time done under local anaesthetic is much easier to recover from also, as the dentist has feedback on what he is doing from you, ie, if he is too strenuous in extraction, you can alert him to it. I have taken panadeine on the day of the extraction, more as a precaution against pain (swallowed two while anaesthetic was still effective, and two before I went to bed), but didn't need any more the next day, and was back at work the following day too. Having said that, everyone's pain threshold is different, and if you don't respond well to pain, I'd look into all four at once under general, versus 2 at a time under local with a 6-8 week gap.
bigg willie style
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine werent done by the dentist, mine were done by an oral surgeon, all 4 at once, yeseterday. i can still talk normally, and they is barely any swelling and bruising, maybe i got lucky, or i got a really good surgeon?
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get someone to slap the shit outta ya and see how much of a man u r then Laughing Laughing Laughing
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh wisdom teeth are so fun!

I had "IV sedation" it was great stuff..

anyhows, yoghurt and grilled fish were the best to eat I found..

and keep away from the herbal remedies white you are still taking loads of pain killers, you can go a bit funny...
scrote
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well had all four of mine taken out at once, did not want to gothru the pain twice. all n all quite painfull.

as well as growing sideways my bone density lacked the soft tissue thats usually in the middle and caused the oral surgeon a few xtra hours work. they wanted to keep me on a pathedine/morthene?? drip for 24 hours but just shot me up in stead as not haveing health fund was $$$$.

hurt like all buggery and even mashed anything was outa question.
got some good looks from peeps as i was leaving tho. such shoch such horror. had cuts into my mouth where they had my mouth open for so long.

wish i took a photo
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had my bottom 2 out about 2 weeks ago. Was gassed as well. When i woke up my whole face was numb so that sensation left me feeling a little wierd, kept touching my face to see if it was still there. Was able to eat normal foods after a week. There wasn't really any pain or anything after the surgery, just a kind of throbbing sting but nothing much
walu
Regular

December 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My experience (1 at a time in the chair) is to go home and have have a few bags of frozen peas in the freezer and put these on your jaw for about 4 hours. Next day - very little swelling and back to work! In fact, no-one noticed the swelling as it was so minor.

T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Tue, 24 February 2004 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep all four a once for me. Under general - boy was counting to 100 fun. I still think I made it up around 55!
One of my lower teeth were growing forward, this had to be cut in half, the top half removed and inspections made to see if the nerve that runs down the side of the jaw was in danger. It was, but everything went smoothly. My older sister and I had ours done at the same time, one after the other. So when it was finished we were both tripping out in the waiting room afterwards.

I had lots of bleeding, LOTS. Mine was alot more painful all around the mouth. Pumkin soup and heaps of it, this kept me going for around 5-6 days. My sister was back on more solid food within 4days. Also the stitches are a pain. And boy do they stink after no time at all. The menu was WheatBix for breaky, and they could be smelt - and what a repulsive smell.
Must keep up the brushing, and try to get those stitches out as soon as your comfortable (these are the disolving ones)
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: wisdom teeth Wed, 25 February 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i sat in the chair at the dentist. I got the happy gas and a few needles. Only took about 1hr (floating above the chair the whole time)...had all 4 come out at once though (bad idea). Problem was my 2 bottom wisdom teeth weren't fully exposed so he had to crack both teeth in half and extract 1/2 tooth at a time. Top ones were easy as...5 min and gone.

my jaw was mega sore for about 3-4 days...prolly had something to do with the invasiveness on the bottom wisdoms but meh, it's done now and i dont have to worry about it

as far as food went it was whatever could fit up a straw
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Wed, 25 February 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T APLUS 22 wrote on Wed, 25 February 2004 05:12

Yep all four a once for me. Under general - boy was counting to 100 fun. I still think I made it up around 55!

I dont think thats normal dude
Last time I went under, they told me to count backwards from 100
I think I made it to 92 or something
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Wed, 25 February 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 25 February 2004 18:58

T APLUS 22 wrote on Wed, 25 February 2004 05:12

I dont think thats normal dude
Last time I went under, they told me to count backwards from 100
I think I made it to 92 or something

I think man, I think I got that far. I just remember seeying some high numbers, for all I know it was 1,2,3,4,5,9,13,36,55.
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Fri, 27 February 2004 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just got back from the dentist... First time i've been Rolling Eyes

Found out i'm gonna need a root canal on at least one of my teeth, had an injection in the tooth to kill any bacteria & a temporary filling put in. The other option is to remove the tooth altogether but apparently there's a risk it'll break & need further surgery...

Going back next week to see if there is any more damage, I hope not Shocked
HSV_gal
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: wisdom teeth Fri, 27 February 2004 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got to have all 4 of mine out over the next few weeks Confused
my top two are growing into airways or something like that and the bottom two have nerves that are attached to my lips and tongue tangled up in the roots of them. Kinda scary really considering I only went to the dentist for a sensitive tooth and gum. Sad
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: wisdom teeth Mon, 01 March 2004 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a molar, out and have been told i need my wisdom teeth out soon, they hurt like shit sometimes, when they took the molar out I was still awake, and shit I could feel it they only gave me 2 needles blood was pissing out of my mouth heeps, though I spose thats what u get for going to a free dentist with some old bastard that has parkinsons Crying or Very Sad
Zhyr
Regular

February 2004
Re: wisdom teeth Mon, 01 March 2004 10:27 Go to previous message
my last one is 1/2 way through. what fun. doesnt really tickle Sad
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wacked Out Parts Wanted Section
Next Topic:R'n'B tunes
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-