AuthorTopic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 14:09 Go to next message

which color bonnet?[ 14 vote(s) ]
1.White Bonnet 8 / 57%
2.Black Bonnet 6 / 43%

I am now faced with a chioce for my car, I got a new bonnet currently it's black, But I was going to respray it white (to match my car. But alot of people are saying to leave it black and put it on, for that JDM effect, what do you people think,

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/witebon.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/blakbon.jpg
(I did the black pic in photoshop so it may not be fully represented)

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well you gotta do some mods to the black one first right, ie, for the i/c.. but once that is done, it will still be black I guess... and you could just put it on and see what you think

I think either will look cool.. but personally I probably like the white, but the Black, though is origional at least for a Celica.. if not origional in and of itself
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn thats a nice st162 Very Happy , i say black, where did u get your gt4 front bar?. If you dont do it black i will Smile, i was thinking about a black bonnet today hehe.

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2004 14:16]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Which Color Bonnet on ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually first it will be going on as a straight bonnet for a little while, when I get time to build up my fibreglass bulge then I will put the scoop back on, don't know if that will be before dubbo though. a straight bonnet is moving back into the sleeper category, time to blow people away while they are not expecting Laughing

GT4 front bar came on the halfcut I got the 3SGTE out of.
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel

Mate

RICE IT UP DAMMIT
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So you have a 3sgte put of a st165 gt4?.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Which Color Bonnet on ST162 Mon, 01 March 2004 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smt_007 wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 01:27

So you have a 3sgte put of a st165 gt4?.

Yeah mate thats the one

farmsci ST162 wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 01:25

RICE IT UP DAMMIT

You know I am not much for the whole rice scene, and you just jealous cause I have more street cred Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 01 March 2004 14:40]

smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apart from the lower lip, what is the difference between the st165 front compared to a st162 front, ie. are the popup lights different?.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are identical I think steve.. bumper aside and it's little mount things on the side and stuff.. wiso?

I think you should get a panda job on it! Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah joel, go a panda scheme on the 162!! lol be a trend setter!

THINK OF THE STREET CRED! lol

and you could get tofu delivery stickers and crap like that..

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah its just the bumpers diferent with those little side wings to curve it round, the grill has a GT-FOUR badge instead of a toyota badge, and the steel bumber weigh a fuck load less, at least 5 -10 kgs, plus mountings for the fogies welded on the back Very Happy SR TWINCAM acctually did a photoshop job on a pic of my car giving it a panda loo, wasn't too bad, but I can't be fucked to do that, too much work.

Yeah it'd be the drifter that can't drift Laughing Laughing Laughing

I think I have more street cred currently, everyone around here seems to know my car
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say black is a little ricey..

But I do prefer it better though. If you can stretch out for it, get a real carbon fiber. Leave the eyelids white though.

Better yet, hit autobarn and get some carbon fiber paper!!

heheh..

personally I'd leave it white cause of the rice factor.
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think u should go the non-rice factor mate. Go back to white.Sure, the panda look would be pretty cool and original for a celica, but im still voting that tarting up cars is a waste of time - make it go and handle before u take car of looks - No dorifto kings in a FWD celica mate!
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah am am kinda leaning towards the white myself, looks more smooth. carbon fibre would be a whole other story though, carbon fibre bonnets look good anytime, cause it's not just plain black, has that pattern. as I mentioned earlier I am not much on rice, but I do like eating it Laughing Laughing

Ohh and she already does go and handle, she's not going to get any better unless I do a turbo and internal rebuild, which won't happen

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2004 05:03]

drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
by the way guys,

u can drift in fwd (maybe not stock celica's) but it is done in japan with civics etc just as fast as some of the d1 cars.

depends on how ur car is set up, and mow much $$ u can waste on an old celica. my money is saving up for wen i finish uni and get real job so i can get somthing ncie liek a honda s2000

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Tue, 02 March 2004 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But then again, black aint that ricey..

it could be said to "reduce sunglare" while driving on circuits and stuff!..

but seriously.. I'd hit the carbon fiber paper.. probably cheaper than to repaint too! Smile Smile just don't let anyone know about the rice trick Smile
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm im undecided , i like you car either way
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
carbon firbe paper hey Rolling Eyes hmmmm...

what you just buy sheets of it from autobarn or something, never heard of it.

Scott thats why I put this poll up cause I am undecided as well.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

personally I'd leave it white cause of the rice factor.

i second that

if you really want the CF look, you can be dumb like me and spend $900 on a CF bonnet all the way from northern japan

*slaps self*

[Updated on: Wed, 03 March 2004 02:49]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I could think off better performance mods to spend $900 on.
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COUGH COUGH.......
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Did someone Say Panda St-162????
HAHAHAHA
Gotta love Photoshop....

Hmmm... Well Its always hard to tell what a black bonnet would look like with photoshop and get an accurate idea...

But yeah either way,
Black looks good, so Does White, But the all white is always good..
Can ya possibly take a picture of it with the black bonnet?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
show us ya panda Adrian! Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Whcih Color Bonnet on ST162 Wed, 03 March 2004 07:50 Go to previous message
Ok... LOL
Laughing

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/403dd7f0_f10a/bc/My+Documents/HOT+GT4+COLLECTION/Panda-st162.jpg?bfcFZRABgmWdZiPg

There it is....

LOL!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota badged Daihatsu?
Next Topic:AE111 or AE101
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:47:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069217681884766 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.