Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » Why do car's hate me so much?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon9.gif  Why do car's hate me so much? Tue, 02 March 2004 03:44 Go to next message
Ok, I'm starting to get really annoyed with car's at the moment. Between my fiance and myself we have 7 cars... only 1 goes.

Does anyone else out there suffer as much bad luck with cars as I do or am I just jinxed? Freak

My RA23 #1 gave up on me in December, after we'd put another motor in it which actually turned out to be worse than the one that was in it. We retired that because it doesn't go up hills and you have to pretty much roll start it everywhere you go cause it keeps stalling.
I bought a VR Berlina in December (as a "reliable" car) and that's spent more time off the roads than on with some serious problems.
The Merc (which I hate) has an air leak in the fuel line and keeps turning itself off.
I can't afford to get my project Celica on the road cause I'm spending so much money on public transport and keeping the one car that's left on the road, being a V8 it has a bit of a drinking problem.

Am I doomed to ride a bike and catch public transport for the rest of my life?

Is there anyone else out there that's jinxed like me? Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Tue, 02 March 2004 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a friend of mine had a 1978 300D merc and it was such a great car.

very reliable, never had a problem with it. i suggest take it down and get a diesel mech to fix the fuel line problem.

u bought a holden to be the reliable car? something definitly wrong there, u shoulda bought a corolla.

in conclusion i have no idea if u are jinxed or not. a lot of cars means a lot of accumulated problems and not enuff time to fix them. maybe u should sell everything and have 1 car with all your time to focused on it.
manny_grk
Occasional Poster

August 2003
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Tue, 02 March 2004 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rob_RA40 wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 15:20

u shoulda bought a corolla.

rollas are the best. Rolling Eyes
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Tue, 02 March 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

..and then TROGDOR comes in the NIIIIIGGHTTTTT!!

i love strongbad...

strongbadia
population: tire

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Tue, 02 March 2004 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the Merc is a very shmick car for it's age. I think we've found the problem, a perished fuel line.

Corolla's aren't a reliable car. I think my brother has had his towed more than my celica before it was written off. Ha, and now the spare car he's driving has died in the arse too, water is in cyl 2.

I guess the bad luck runs in the family.

Rolling Eyes
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Tue, 02 March 2004 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 20:06

Quote:

..and then TROGDOR comes in the NIIIIIGGHTTTTT!!

i love strongbad...

strongbadia
population: tire

heheh good to know some other fans out there

LAZOR, BIG NIFE, TARANCHULA, LIMOZEEN
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Wed, 03 March 2004 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"I'm HOOOOME! Okay lets see here... Dont need this anymore" *pulls off away note* "don't need THIS anymore" *swipes away computer* "for behold! The 386! A spectical of graphics and sound."
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Wed, 03 March 2004 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe

i am still totally awesome!!!!!

crapfully yours
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Fri, 05 March 2004 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like your having bad luck indeed ..

Dunno why the commo should be playing up - i mean it is a commo - but they ususlaly still go ..

get your GOOD ra23 happening sheena, sell the cars that dont work and get at least 1 runner happening..

Bite the bullet - it pains for a year or two but at least you have a car that works !

Believe me - i know! Im on an engine rebuild now but after that all will be sweeeeeeeeeeeet.. ( banks loving me for finance atm )
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Sun, 07 March 2004 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ra23celicachick wrote on Wed, 03 March 2004 08:27

Corolla's aren't a reliable car.

what are u saying!!?! corollas are so damn reliable, i thrash mine everyday, things rarely go wrong, and when they do, are easily fixed.

corolla all the way for reliable, economical, runabout car
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Mon, 08 March 2004 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The experience I've had with Corolla's isn't good. My brother's one was a total dog. I got beaten by a 120Y when I was driving it! Embarassed

I don't have a garage at the moment Stu to work on the GOOD RA23. There is not too much left to go on it though, just need to finish the doors and the front quarter's then she should be pretty much ready for the re-spray. It's just a matter of finding time to work on her.

Yes, the commodore is a commo, The steering rack fell off, the heater core died and the drain hole got all blocked up and water was pouring into the car, thermostat housing gasket died in the arse, got a fuel leak from the top of the tank, after the car over heated it was over fueling and missing so you couldn't really drive it. It could be worse though, it could be a Ford! He he Razz

The commo was the car that was suppose to get me out of all the car troubles but it's been just as much of a dud as Jokey! But good old mum and dad financial institue means no interest on my loan!
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Mon, 08 March 2004 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sell the last 4 cars in your sig and buy something boring and reliable, like a corolla.

Daniel
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Why do car's hate me so much? Tue, 09 March 2004 21:26 Go to previous message
Unfortunatly the last 3 in my signature aren't really mine to sell, plus I love the VNSS. The VR Berlina was suppose to be the boring and reliable car but it turned out to be a dud!

I don't think that I'd ever buy a corolla. My brothers was always broken down and after seeing how easily it got smashed, no actually ripped in the accident I don't want a car like that. If I was to go a corolla it would have to be pre KE70 days! No Crumple Zones! Very Happy
But then I'd be taking a backwards step from my Celica's.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4 guys, a stock sprinter and a night i will never forget...
Next Topic:WTF?? I 8 A HSV
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:32:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048131942749023 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.