Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale **SOLD** Tue, 17 February 2004 04:14 Go to next message
genuine 1984 AE86 GTV Levin in white. Unmodifed. One of a handful imported by Toyota and used by staff, race team etc in mid 80's. Carries a genuine Australian compliance plate and has been registered here since new. All numbers match, this is not a bodge-up. Generally excellent order. white body with brown/cream interior. 4AGE runs well & just serviced. recent new brown carpets, clutch, aircon regas & genuine Toyota stereo. 4 wheel discs as standard with good pads. Interior is basically unmarked, no dash cracks, tears in trim etc. it has excellent Aust sprinter seats, but the genuine Levin seats will come with it--they are cracked in a few places, but fixable. Currently getting its 14" bathurst star mags repainted and will come with 4 new tyres. Open to serious offers over $6000. No joy riders, wallies or time wasters please. I can supply pics if you are really serious and have cash. Please dont innudate me with questions unless you are a buyer. Should be ready to sell in 7-10 days when mags come back.MAY (possibly) consider a part-trade with cash either way for a good import Starlet, or late FWD Corolla. I can arrange interstate shipping.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 March 2004 23:11]

Send a private message to this user    
utemistro
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hay...terry...it would be great if you could send me some pics to nawcomserv@optusnet.com.au...I live on Gold Coast and am very interested.

Thanks, Nathan
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Interested...

get pictures... i am in melbourne... but willing to come check it out if it looks nice in the pictures
dylanSX
Newcomer

December 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds pretty close to what im after
can you please send some details my way
kms/lsd/pics would be great
and ill take it from there
beyond
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very interested

please send some pics to bg_drift@hotmail.com
and also what mileage?
where are you located?
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Definitly interested, I'm in brisbane

Pics would be good monkeymajik@softhome.net
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Holey moley, one of those Rare ONES!!!!..

It's JDM, but it's not!!! It's better!! Very Happy
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aww, this is perfect in every way, if only i had the money sooner than later and was over east.. this is exactly what I'm looking for.

Good luck.

UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 17 February 2004 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Pics Please, mbennett@trivettclassic.com.au

Thanks,

Rabbit
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 18 February 2004 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day terry....

Genuinely looking to get a JDM levin...
Would it be possible for me to come out and have a look at it this weekend??? (21st/22nd)

Thanks....
redisgood
Occasional Poster

December 2003

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 18 February 2004 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics please! redis_good@yahoo.com

just sold my 180SX, got my motorbike and looking for sprinter.
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 18 February 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Interested... pictures please Very Happy
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 18 February 2004 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oops..oh yeah my email is therealkeal@hotmail.com
BigHorse
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 25 February 2004 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm am Interested. Say price is 6. How much would it cost to get to Adelaide (freight)? pics too. email is yagi.home@bigpond.com
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 25 February 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics please: justinATaustralianinfront.com.au I have the ca$h.
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 25 February 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very interested ... and will pay cash or trade in with my corolla + cash ...

pics to pridget@dbzmail.com
86drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Thu, 26 February 2004 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very interested
pics to dbotros@aare.com.au
thanks
sprintin
Regular

January 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Thu, 26 February 2004 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested! Can you please sens me some pics?

bhorner@qantm.com.au

I'm at Beenleigh.

Cheers..
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Thu, 26 February 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK. I just sold my KIA! Sweet! I open the bid at $7k. Please email me at justinATaustralianinfront.com.au
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Thu, 26 February 2004 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say at 7k you would be infront (oh the pun)
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Fri, 27 February 2004 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$7,001

Laughing
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Fri, 27 February 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you all should now have pictures. there are lots more pics if you need them. suggest the serious amongst you call over the weekend or early next week. we are racing all this week-end, so pls be patient if the phone does not answer 1st time. Terry
_Why_
Regular

February 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Fri, 27 February 2004 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you send pics toe veryone?
beyond
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Fri, 27 February 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$7002 Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Fri, 27 February 2004 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lets not be stupid now people. keep the bids serious and in decent amounts of at least $100

terry if you want me to 'host' the files on my server id be happy to.

PM me when your back from race-day

Smile
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Sat, 28 February 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can you please email me pics at...
jshuto@hotmail.com
Sharpshooter
Newcomer

February 2004

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Sun, 29 February 2004 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would be great if you could send me pics

sharpshooter_666@hotmail.com
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Sun, 29 February 2004 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys, we want to make a decision on this in the next day or so. I have only had a few serious phone calls, and what seems to be the only formal offer of $7000 delivered to sydney. that person has 1st refusal as far as I'm concerned cause he is prepared to back up his email with phone calls and money. if some of you other bidders wants to better this, or confirm your offers , get on the phone today. 07-38143762 and make you best offer , and be ready to send a deposit. a few emails with pics to people bounced--I'll send again now. happy bidding--this is a rare car in generally excellent order. I really doubt another one of these Australian complied car will ever appear again, or if it does, it wont be in this condition.
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Sun, 29 February 2004 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a few more answers to people.
JDM = japanese domestic market
the GTV levin was the most basic car built by Toyota to minimum weight, so that could be the minimum weight for racing. this is not a race car and never was. it was a stock car that was specially imported by Toyota Australia when it was new. this was a common practise, to import and register a small number of special cars for promo use. in this case, some of the Toyota execs and Gp A racers got them for personal use .
On GTV levins, almost everything was optional. the only options this car has are air-conditioning, stereo and mudflaps. it does not have power steering!
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Sun, 29 February 2004 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could someone please email me some pics

damien.caldwell@dva.gov.au
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Mon, 01 March 2004 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude i still didnt get the pics in my email Sad

please resend them to pridget@dbzmail.com
i am really interested and most likely bid $8k depending on what the pictures can tell me ...

cheers ...
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Mon, 01 March 2004 03:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollin, you email bounces (twice)---mailbox full. fix it and the pics will be yours.
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Mon, 01 March 2004 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'c_ciuro@yahoo.com' on 1/03/2004 1:49 PM
No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.

'pridget@dbzmail.com' on 1/03/2004 1:49 PM
No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.

can someone please host these pics????????. I have a lot more I can post if thats the case. thanks
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Mon, 01 March 2004 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Down the bottom you should see a "File Attachments" thing whenever you make a post. Toymods will host the files for ya.
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 02 March 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car looks super clean. Amazingly clean actually. I am pulling out of this bid for personal reasons but if I ever wanted an 86 this is it.

Why? Because it's the real thing.

PASTE:
AE86 Levin GTV

A lot of people will tell you that the Australian AE86 never came with a 4AGE engine. That is partly correct, but there is one exception - the AE86 Levin GTV. There were only eighty or so of these imported, and as far as I know they were never 'officially' sold by Toyota Australia. They are not listed in any vehicle guides such as Glass's Guide or 'The Red Book', and most insurance companies don't have them listed. Most of them were raced and rallied, and have probably been either written off or well worn out by now. I only know of three surviving examples (though I'm sure there are many more), one of which I used to own.
What the Levin GTV had over the Aussie Sprinter...

4AGE 16v engine
Close ratio gearbox
Quick steering rack
Vented front brake rotors
Solid rear brake rotors
LSD rear end
No rear wiper or sprayer
Every vehicle was white with 'Levin GTV' decals and alloys similar to Aussie spec Sprinters.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 02 March 2004 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justinfox wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 17:56

4AGE 16v engine
Close ratio gearbox
Quick steering rack
Solid rear brake rotors
LSD rear end
No rear wiper or sprayer
Every vehicle was white with 'Levin GTV' decals and alloys similar to Aussie spec Sprinters.

i know u didnt write this, but for the sake of conversation

1. if the gearbox is a t50 JDM > no difference in ratio to an aus spec, just a different bellhousing
2. if the steering rack is OEM JDM, it is the same as ADM but with the option of power assist (4.7 turns lock to lock afaik)
3. the rest is the same spec an any JDM ae86 GTV, except the late model JDM GTV had a rear wiper and sprayer, the early model (such as this one) didnt
4. yes its rare and unique because of its origin, but basically the same specs as a GTV import of that year

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2004 08:06]

Sharpshooter
Newcomer

February 2004

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 02 March 2004 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you be able to send me some photo's please

milton15@optushome.com.au
ep82_guy
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 02 March 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive got a 1990 gt turbo starlet if youre interested in swapping. Maybe a cash adjustment my way, depending on condition of vehicles, etc.

120,000kms
5spd
14inch watanabe rs8 wheels
autometer boost gauge
brakes recently done (machining and pads)
kyb suspension (lowered)
black/green in colour (paint a bit faded on doors just below windows), bonnet, front guards and hatch recently resprayed
only had 2 aus owners (me and my brother)
has spare engine/turbo (35k) and gearbox (5spd) and parts of loom, clutch,flywheel,engine acc.
battery moved to boot
timing belt done 10k ago
tinted windows
air conditioning (this was working but i tried it the other day and i think its playing up - grrrrrr)

i think ive covered everything so if youre interested just let me know and ill send you some pics.

cheers

- ben

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 02 March 2004 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send us the pics and ill host them

sprinter[at]boostcruising.com
ep82_guy
Newcomer

November 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Tue, 02 March 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i went and took some pictures. sorry they are a bit shitty but its night and my digital camera isnt all its cracked up to be. if you want some more detailed pics ill take some high-qual ones during the day and email them to you.

http://www.pbase.com/impulr33r/galleries

theyre the ones under 'in-box'

SORRY ABOUT THE QUALITY!
garyskl
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Wed, 03 March 2004 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 19:01

justinfox wrote on Tue, 02 March 2004 17:56

4AGE 16v engine
Close ratio gearbox
Quick steering rack
Solid rear brake rotors
LSD rear end
No rear wiper or sprayer

i know u didnt write this, but for the sake of conversation

1. if the gearbox is a t50 JDM > no difference in ratio to an aus spec, just a different bellhousing
2. if the steering rack is OEM JDM, it is the same as ADM but with the option of power assist (4.7 turns lock to lock afaik)
3. the rest is the same spec an any JDM ae86 GTV, except the late model JDM GTV had a rear wiper and sprayer, the early model (such as this one) didnt
4. yes its rare and unique because of its origin, but basically the same specs as a GTV import of that year

I agree with ae86drift about the gearbox...unless this special order GTV has installed the TRD close ratio gears in it, pls rectify if u dont mind?

Pls send pics to garyskl@lycos.com
many thanks
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Fri, 05 March 2004 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you send me some pic's mate

uras_@hotmail.com

thanks
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Sat, 06 March 2004 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has the car been sold already or are people still waiting for pics. fkn16v@hotmail.com

[Updated on: Sat, 06 March 2004 11:10]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Sat, 06 March 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no ones hosted the pics yet?

can u send them my way too

archdall@internode.on.net

thanks
U50F1N3
Newcomer

March 2004

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Mon, 08 March 2004 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got cash and am interested too, send pics here too please Smile

doug.s@gamebox.net
TerryOBeirne
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale (soon) Mon, 08 March 2004 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks everyone, the car is sold. to finish the thread about the cars specs, I recall the "V" in GTV stood for "variant". as I said previously, it was the most basic 4AG powered sprinter and was designed at minimum weight to allow race cars so go down to that. I forgot to mention that the GTV only has a half console--it lacked the little cubby box. this one has had an ozzie one fitted at some time . the hoodlining is also different and of course, it has no rear wiper and has 14' with 4.3 diff as standard
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: AE86 GTV Levin 4 sale **SOLD** Tue, 09 March 2004 08:45 Go to previous message
what did it go for in the end?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1983 ae86
Next Topic:WTB: Subaru Liberty
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:56:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074000358581543 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.