Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
icon5.gif  Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 03 March 2004 21:35 Go to next message

Does having a girlfriend interfere with doing up a car?[ 85 vote(s) ]
1.Yes 44 / 52%
2.No 34 / 40%
3.I'm going to have to let her go 7 / 8%

Straight to the point!

Send a private message to this user    
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 03 March 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldn't be bothered to vote...but I'll say this NO

Plain and simple. Love him...love his car...its pretty simple really, and pretty decent rules to live by if you wanna delve into the depths of trying to date a man who is fuel by his desire to have the fastest phattest meanest little street machine or plastic fantastic on the road!

Obviously she'll have reservations about coming second to a car, but then you've gotta openly invite her to learn about the car and its modification process...only when she declines to do that, can you call her unreasonable and dump the lil tart Wink

My thoughts Smile hehehe
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 03 March 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha, as if GRLTOY isn't the ideal girl Wink

yeah, my girlfriend doesn't have a problem with me digging cars, or spending money on them, it's just that i find that once i have a girlfriend that i really dig, i tend to spend more money on her than i do on the car. not because she makes me do it, just because i want to. i like taking her for weekends away, buying her flowers, taking her to nice expensive dinners, shows, etc. etc.

the romantic in me overpowers the revhead in me Wink
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 03 March 2004 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd hate to be ideal...it'd leave no room for improvement and I pride myself on being able to adapt, change and improve to suit current needs and objectives Wink

Quote:

it's just that i find that once i have a girlfriend that i really dig, i tend to spend more money on her than i do on the car.

Dude...that can't be the chick's fault. Thats you're own silly fault!

Quote:

romantic revhead

Hahaha at first I thought you were kidding yourself on that one...but then I remembered the promises made to me by a few other romantic revheads Wink

I've currently lined myself up dinner @ Scratchleys (seafood restaurant on the water in Newie) this saturday night in leu of my recent withdrawal from the Newcastle Sport Awards as part of a high-profile accounting firm...not to mention dinner at the rotating restaurant in Centrepoint, a weeks holiday in Hawaii, a trip to Disneyland and also the theme parks in Queensland and not only have I become the co-pilot of the R33 GTR, there's a test drive of a Nissan 350Z lined up as well Wink

Sooooo romanticism and revheads kinda go hand-in-hand Wink

I love my life Wink
stereomike
Regular

February 2004
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 03 March 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesus.. I love your life!!
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 03 March 2004 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe we should start a new poll "Should we clone GRLTOY" Very Happy

I'll take two!!! Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 03 March 2004 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well here's my story,
A bit over a year a go I I bought a 4AGE rwd to put in my Sprinter.
My fiance, (girlfriend at the time) asked me if I would be happy with this conversion.
I said to her that I would be but that later I would want to turbocharge it.
So she asked me whats involved in turbocharging the 4AGE.
Basicaly told her abut the GZE turbo conversion and she's like "so you're gonna put the 4AGE, then you gonna take it out and put in a 4AGZE and modify it to suit a turbo"
And I said "yep"
Then she asked "isn't there a motor thats already turbocharged which you were telling me about"
I told her about the 3SGTE conversion that I was dreming about.
She's like "just put that in, dont worry about the 4A's"
My face was Confused
But inside I was Very Happy
So a bit over a year now I have a 3SGTE in my Sprinter and I can honestly say if it wasn't for her I would probably have a 4AGE, which I still love and respect, but insted I got me a tyre shredding, smoke machine Evil or Very Mad
Man, this almost sounds like a love story. Laughing
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmz I'm not too fussed on the cloning thing Confused
I'm sure there are a few people that wouldn't want that to happen for the pure fact that they'd then be grossly outnumberd but you get that!

Hahah bring on more of me I tell ya!. I love my life immensely! and I haven't even finsed uni yet!

Actually I love the way people make my life better Wink hehehe

Quote:

Man, this almost sounds like a love story.

Love story of man and woman or man and car here hunnee???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes and no, sometimes she can be a pain, but I can't deny all the help I've had with the car as well as the few lunches shes's brought and stuff. Smile
NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girlfriends dont really have any say in the matter...if they start to bitch about it it's easy to give them the flick.

Once you're married its a different story & a whole new ball game
*shudders*
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Girls aren't all bad in the car relationships...
At the end of the day, if they can't do anything better, they can inflate a guys ego by telling them how much the car turns them on and then go into *graphic details* about certain things...
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not currently in a relationship but yeah, the ex didn't mind me and the car thing (hell she had a worked V8 calais). She doens't mind the MR2 but hates me talking about it all the time (its my new baby and im slowly weening off talking about it all the time Laughing ). She's looking at getting a mr-s soon and doin a bit of work (with a bit of encouraging from me haha).
Mind you the ex before her HATED me and the car thing.
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

She doens't mind the MR2 but hates me talking about it all the time

DAMN STRAIGHT!!! There's gotta be more to talk about than just cars...in any relationship!

After a while the talk of the power output figures, your latest dyno, the newest single big-assed turbo you're thinking of putting in your current twin-turbo, who's racing who, what such and such ahs done with his engine conversion...Meh!

And on that note, its not like I wanna be talking about shopping all the time either, or the latest beauty products or anything too overly girly. There's just some form of balance needed in any conversation.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not consently talking about it, it just keeps coming up in convo some how :S
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clown wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 14:23

its not consently talking about it, it just keeps coming up in convo some how :S

Yeah, I get this. The problem is, the girls, and some of the stupid-not-liking-cars guys don't know how to change the conversation. The best they can do it just get in a huff. Wanna talk about something else? Go for it, move the conversation on. If what they wanna talk about is boring though, I'm going right back to cars. Very Happy
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep - girlfriends cut back on the time possible to work on cars - there are only so many hours in a day...the only option is to either reduce sleep or get rid of the chick!!!

I guess it depends whether I like the chick more than my car (which means depends whether my car is being a faggot and breaking down all the time)
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To me it's not really the car that takes up all my money (hehe) but the fact is where I want to spend the cash, with my ex she didn't mind me spending a lot of time on my car, she knew what I'm like... plus she had an S13 so she wasn't too clueless about cars haha Laughing
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 12:58

Girls
At the end of the day, if they can't do anything better, they can inflate a guys ego

Considering i already do that my mind would get bored!

The one i don't 'hate' as such, but find it becomes 'weird' sometimes is along the lines of what Shraka mentioned. You go out and people know you like cars, so they bring it up as the first topic of conversation (female and male alike).

I seem to have very similar conversations throughout an evening with a big group of people!

"HEY!! Hows your car?" ALWAYS!!! BAHHHH! http://www.celicasupra.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/screwy.gif

EDIT: aftermarket smilie.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2004 08:36]

Evil_Foetus
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car is my girlfriend.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my girlfriend didnt want me to get a faster car because she feared for my saftey, so did my parents.

i think everyone affects/tries to your car spending money on your car apart from your friends who are also into it
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would just like to make it clear that if I had to either sell my car, or break up with my girlfriend, I put the car in the trading post.

Then again my car sux so... that's not realy saying much.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ryley i thought ya had a misses???
i've got a bizare love triangle happaning between me the mr2 and the liberty haha.

Lang: my brother gave me a lecture about driving safely, 5 min later he was faning my mr2 around Laughing
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im like BlackSupra, i love talking cars, but not with ppl who know nothing, and everyone who knows NOTHING about cars always asks you how your car is going. but i find all the ppl who claim to like cars always talk about the same thing: what theyre gonna do to theyre car. they see you got a semi-decent car and are like "yeah im gonna put a turbo in my car when i get the time/money" everyones an expert, theyre taking there car to my work so i can change the oil for them but theryre gonna do these impossible conversions themselves Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe
I agree - if the car or the gf had to go, the car would be for sale the next day. but then, I'm single, and thinking of an ideal, girlfriend (which is all I'll relaly ever take) Smile
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To this day i have not yet met the woman for me. Rolling

She would have to be pretty special to make me sell my car.

But thats just a povo, single, currently 'unemployed' person speaking in my current position in life.

If i was fulltime employed, as materialistic as i am, money should be no object. Ask me the same question in a few years and i would hope its a different answer.

EVOSTI: conversion wannabes!!!!!!

"You talk the talk, but do you walk the walk!"
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if my girlfriend told me to sell my car id tell her to fuck off. the only reason i wouldnt tell her to fuck off would be if i potentially wanted to marry her and i wouldnt want a wife who would make me sell a car i loved so id still tell her to fuck off.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah thats it. if i had to chose between the woman or the car id chose the woman, but if the woman made me chose, id chose the car Cool
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but can you think of a reasonable scenario where you would actually have to choose between the woman and the car?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang: no I cant, coz any woman I'd go out with wouldn't ask that.
but we are talking hypotheticals here, and I can stretch my imagination that little way Smile
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my g/f always whinges about me spending time with my car Twisted Evil
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My biggest hate is when all your friends know your car is off the road for a massive conversion and every time they see you they go " Is your car finished yet? " If it was i would be fukn driving it wouldn't i!!!! Mad Mad and then they say " Whens it going to be finished? " I don't know how many times i have told the same people the same answer!
They continually ask all these dumb questions like it's their car and by having it off the road your putting them out Mad

Give me some money and I'll finish it by next week!!!

But yeah, Through experience i have found that even the good chicks get tired of you spending time doing things to your car.
Eg. My gf bought me an inter cooler for xmas Very Happy but because i don't take her out as often now since the rebuild (and maybe a little more before that Confused ) She has started to get a little cranky.

When your rebuilding a car and want it on the road ASAP, it is very hard to put money away to keep taking your gf out, especially if you are trying to put every cent into it.

Each to their own. My 2c............

I have promised to take her out more when the cars done though. Then it's just me and my two babies Very Happy
Albeit, the car will always cost less Razz
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 04 March 2004 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glen hunnee you're best and most rewarding relationship will always be with your ego...you should hope for nothing more!

Shraka --> I tend to be needy in conversation. There's got to be a rather large majority of constructive conversation in there and one-sided car conversation is not my idea of constructive. Soooo any car loving Information Scientists out there feel free to start a conversation with me Wink at least we'll have two things in common... Wink Laughing

If I ever told my boyfriend to sell his car...I'd tell myself to fuck off! hehehe GTR and a Civic...perfect family mobiles Wink

Quote:

but can you think of a reasonable scenario where you would actually have to choose between the woman and the car?
... your woman's married to you and you're woman's having a kid...go figure...sell the car or welcome to child support payments Wink hehehe

Quote:

...dude u've got the wrong girlfriend...obviously she is the unforgiving model...so trade her in for something different Wink might I suggest something with a little softer suspension...the ride's better Wink

Quote:

Through experience i have found that even the good chicks get tired of you spending time doing things to your car/
...Amennnn to that lil brother.
Quote:

is very hard to put money away to keep taking your gf out
...just make sure u give her lots of good...nahh great sex and she'll be happy with that...
Quote:

Albeit, the car will always cost less
value doesn't extend only to monetary...go figure Wink

Anyone still wanna make that clone???
KillJoy
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nod Yeah I still want to put you into a cloning machine.. on the proviso there's a Killing Machine at the exit hatch - a la Itchy and Scratchy. Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No girlfriend of mine would make me choose between my car and her. As for them not wanting me to have a fast car, she's happy with it, that way I won't give her shit when she buys a WRX later this year.
Caledwvech
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it does. It's not that I have to choose, its just that you have less time and less money than you did before hand. But I am not complaining. Very Happy
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GIRLFRIEND = CAR

hhmmm Neutral
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Fri, 05 March 2004 09:50

Quote:

... your woman's married to you and you're woman's having a kid...go figure...sell the car or welcome to child support payments Wink hehehe

i hear that babies fetch a good price on the black market......
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

my g/f always whinges about me spending time with my car

thats so friggen true i, 4-3 years ago all she and i would talk about is cars now i mention the mr2 and she walks away... amititly i have spent a fortune on it LOL.
Now she calls it her house on wheels... and would love me to get rid of it... but as someone said if they made me choose i would get rid of her and keep the car but other wise if they didnt make me choose i would choose the girl.
mlaser
Regular

March 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in all my amazing years of experience with women **cough** i've found that if they really like/love you they tend to GET interested in whatever it is that you enjoy talking about eg. Cars. Last two g/f's (only two lol) have both had little to no interest in cars to start off with, and during relationship due to the fact that if they wanted to be involved in the conversation they had to get into cars. Pretty simple, they dont learn alot but hell i dont know alot Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my girlfriend and I actually broke up for a little bit because I was saving so much of my money for my conversion. (and some other things) But we got back together and it is all good now. We have been together for 3 years now.

She likes my car but is quite scared of it, but so am I! Smile Her dad works on a drag car, owns a 383 powered 97 Ford GT and her mum has an XR6T so she has been around done up cars all of her life and sometimes gets bored of me talking about my car.

So, now that my car is finished, I don't have that much to talk about anyway Smile Now is the time to enjoy it and start saving for my single turbo conversion or a house. Hhhhhmmmmm......? Confused
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Girls just dont understand Laughing

GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Fri, 05 March 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Girls just dont understand

Hahah don't give me that shiite! hehehe
I understand plenty...and I can be totally and utterly in love with a car as a form of ambition and accomplishment...

That being said...as soon as the 350Z is test driven...I'm adding the GTR to my WANT list Wink hehehe then you try getting between me and my GTR Smile
seattlestyle
Newcomer

March 2004

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 07 March 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm picky. I don't settle for less than I think I deserve. A woman who doesn't like my fascination with four wheeled vehicles doesn't like me. I plan on having a 5 car garage on my future house... for the nicer cars... also considering a lifted off-raod truck with big mud swampers prolly won't fit in a garage door. I mean cars drive me as much as I drive them. If a woman loves me, she knows my fascination with cars and loves that too. If she don't love that part of me she's out the door... I won't settle for less... So yeah, I'd take a car over a woman any day, as long as she's making me choose (as was said previously); but if she's not making me choose, and I still have to make the choice, I'll take the woman as long as she's worth it. You can't pass up on perfection, it's what we always want in life: to be perfect, or have the perfect woman (or guy in GRLTOY's case)... plus you can't buy the perfect woman, but you can always buy another car, assuming you can afford it. But this is all just my opinion.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 07 March 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My gf doesn't come between us at all Razz Razz Razz ...

She doesn't care at all... Like I'll go home on the weekend to work on the car and she's like thats what you wanna do, go for it... She just stays at home and does school work or goes shopping...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 07 March 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 19:02

She just stays at home and does school work or goes shopping...

Most 15 year olds will do that Razz
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 07 March 2004 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

well looks like i won't be worrying about that anymore..... broke up today after 20 months Crying or Very Sad
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon7.gif  Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 07 March 2004 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In the process of getting a MR2, g/f & my mother were ganging up on me to buy a "more pracitcal" car, which I could purchase for like half the price. I suppose that I agree with, but seeing most of the driving will be done with only me in the car on the way to work I said I'm going to get what I want. Later on while I was driving(my TA23) she said she had a secret to tell me once I'd picked the MR2 up......anyway hassled her enough to spill the beans, turns out that she is really excited I'm getting a MR2 Very Happy

Shes also said "You'd be the perfect guy except for this car thing" Laughing I can get away with talking about cars for a while, shes pretty good and actually asks me stuff and has shown genuine interest(which is kool, but then again I'm showing an interest in cross-stich...her hobby...at 23 Rolling Eyes each to their own I spose), I guess a healthy balance is important, just like most things in life I suppose. Smile
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 07 March 2004 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

well looks like i won't be worrying about that anymore..... broke up today after 20 months

Dude Crying or Very Sad thats not so good...
keep u're lil chin Smile
and your car all nice and purry and you'll be right... Smile

Quote:

Quote:

She just stays at home and does school work or goes shopping...
She just stays at home and does school work or goes shopping...Most 15 year olds will do that

Hahaha pure n farkn gold...
Although...lil Blak Boi...not all can be prehistoric like yourself...and just cos u're jealous...pedophilia is a crime you know Wink...although u'd prolly get more sex in prison than outta it Wink hehehe

Quote:

Shes also said "You'd be the perfect guy except for this car thing"

Ahhh the age old 'car maketh the man' ... Rolling Eyes and that's a good thing how??? See watch out with the genuine interest stuff...there's a fine line between being more interested in the car Wink
Asher
Regular

July 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Tue, 09 March 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My gf would love for me to get a awesome sports car, she doesn't mind me talking about cars 1 bit.

She said she would be a bit afraid of driving a turbo car, tho she would get used it to. Then again she does hammer the throttle quite a bit. Quite proud. Smile
Techie
Occasional Poster

February 2004

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Tue, 09 March 2004 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heheh, If i had a girlfriend i wouldn't have time for the car. At the momment i have my car parked at my parents place so I am far enough away from work to get stuff done to it.
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Tue, 09 March 2004 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

She said she would be a bit afraid of driving a turbo car, tho she would get used it to. Then again she does hammer the throttle quite a bit. Quite proud

Turbos' are just like every other car, they just react quicker. Ceramic clutch in the Supra and GTR are bitches tho. Never stalled the Supra, and only stalled the GTR once or twice...which was considered marvelous seeing as the owner himself still stalls Wink Laughing

*sings*
Give me boost lotsa boost
with 10 pound or above...
donnn't fence me in...

(if anyone doesn't know the song...heheh im sorry...and 10 pound was the best figure to rhyme with...need at least...I dunno more than that Wink )
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Mon, 15 March 2004 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To Be Completely honest, I would hope not, but I think a partner would interfere, but thats because you want to share your life with them, not because they necessarily hate what you want to do!

Like I'd know at the moment, damned single workaholic!
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Tue, 16 March 2004 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gf is a champ when it comes to cars, ive got an st184 she's got an aw11, (hers is faster then mine *scowl*) but regardless she actually has a genuine interest in cars and never complains when i shell out dollars on mine or hers Smile

ive got a slight problem with my brakes the left side is grabbing harder then the right atm. its really only noticeable then you jam the brakes fairly hard at high speed 120+...

so one night when she has taken my car to work i had hers for some reason. she's gotten home and said "you really have to fix up that brake problem" its taken a few seconds to click but then ive said "you must have hit them fairly hard" replied with "yup" this gets my me thinking so i dig deeper "how fast were you going?"..... "140" hmmm... "what gear were you in ?"... "thrid"

ehhe thats my girl Smile
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Tue, 16 March 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ex had my now daily Subaru upto 200 on the highway, which was approx 20k's higher that what i'd ever taken it to before Shocked
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 17 March 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gf has a ta22 with a louder exhaust than mine....... but my car is better Razz
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Wed, 17 March 2004 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LiL Toofsta...dun it suck that she's got a better car than yours! LoL I get that all the time owning a civic and all...so I take refuge in the Black Devil Wink I was playing one night down Hunter St and he told me to boost it, so I sppoled rather quickly and ended up in the vacinity of 130 in 2nd Wink hehehe one of the only cars I know that could handle something like that...my gear box would definitely be left lying on the side of the road! LoL
Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Thu, 18 March 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I say chicks (generally) get pissed off when the boyz spend too much time with their cars...
but if you get a chick that also likes cars, or just doesnt give a shit that you love a machine more than her...then your set Very Happy !!!
MEL
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 21 March 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh but what self-respecting woman would let herself totally and utterly be put second to a car???...

Comes down to the age old 'if u can't beat em...join em'
get yourself a machine and turn the tables and see how long they stick around...
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Sun, 21 March 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Mon, 22 March 2004 10:04

yeh but
Comes down to the age old 'if u can't beat em...join em'
get yourself a machine and turn the tables and see how long they stick around...

Yeah not long, but thats because you would want us to change the oil, pump up the tyres and change the blinker fluid for your so called 'high performance' car. Razz
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Girlfriends and cars??? Is it true? Mon, 22 March 2004 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i think they do
i spend ALOT more money now i have a gf and that has slowed down my progress... and days where id work on my car are generally going outg with her... but she does help me clean it lol
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:full license test, the one after green P's
Next Topic:BEWARE, NEW VIRUS, I JUST GOT IT
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:40:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0096759796142578 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.