Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 23 February 2004 00:26 Go to next message
Hello to all you toymodders and toyota lovers alike! This is another one of the joint Toymods/Twincam.org cruises, like we had last may that went down to Nowra. All are welcome and any car is welcome.
Of course socially acceptable behaviour is recommended and enforced Very Happy

This will be my returning cruise also, and looks to show off a few tough little rollas and other toyotas.

-------------------------------------------------- ---

The plan is to meet up at Thornleigh Maccas around mid morning and cruise (via the old Pacific Hwy) up to The Haven which is located at Terrigal beach for a BBQ, a swim, game of footy/cricket, etc, etc. For anyone who doesn't know the Old Pacific Highway, it's a fine road, with some very nice twisty bits and The Haven @ Terrigal is a beautiful park situated right next to the beach.

Date: Saturday, 13th of March
Destination: The haven @ Terrigal
Meeting place: Thornleigh McDonalds(on Penant Hills Rd)
Meeting time: 10:00am meet for a 10:30am departure

This cruise promises to be a big event with a great turnout, so i'm hoping that as many of you Sydney/NSW guys as possible can make it along. If you came to the cruise down the south coast last May, this cruise promises to be just as good, if not better. If you didn't come to the south coast cruise, don't worry, come to this one anyway

Last but not least ALL CARS ARE WELCOME
  Send a private message to this user    
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 23 February 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds cool Ill be there for sure Nod
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 23 February 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome back witzl. I am definitely interested in catching up at the Haven, we will have to see if time permits.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 23 February 2004 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be up for it
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 23 February 2004 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good i will go if my car is fixed by then.. lol
Singlecam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Wed, 25 February 2004 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there for sure Cool
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sun, 29 February 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yah yah me too, probly sir-ae86 would tag along in his car too, give me a chance to show off my new wheels (Superlites cough cough). Very Happy pity the new motor wont be in. Sad Razz

later all!!
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sun, 29 February 2004 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, i might come along.
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sun, 29 February 2004 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im there should be nice
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sun, 29 February 2004 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Welcome Back Karl...

Have to miss the cruise though... All Toyota Day is on...
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 01 March 2004 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, just wondering how far's the drive up to Central Coast? From what I remember it's about a 2hr drive or so? If I can make it in before I start work (3pm) I'll try to make it Very Happy

Jose
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 01 March 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
45 mins to Gosford, bout an hour and 15 to Terigal, and thats at my 90 speed limit Confused Should have my MR2 by then, if so I'm there...but I'll keep you all posted here as to my attendance.
Adam_Rolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

February 2004
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 01 March 2004 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dumb questoin but need to kno..
Do we need full tank of fuel b4 departure??
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 02 March 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not really a dumb question dude.... but yes it is a good idea to have a full tank of gas, it really sux trying to get 20+ cars thru a servo at once.....

Ill see you all there with bells on bitches!!
MR KE70
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 02 March 2004 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are u taking ur strolla to the cruise
praetor
Regular

October 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Wed, 03 March 2004 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
workin saturday's sux Sad
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Thu, 04 March 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If i havent sold my car by then, i'll be there Very Happy
Siktoy ra23
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Thu, 04 March 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any guy's from newie coming down to meet up??????????????????
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sat, 06 March 2004 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might have to pass on this one unfortunately Karl - Too much to do, and not enough weekends until Easter Confused

[Updated on: Sat, 06 March 2004 21:18]

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sun, 07 March 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats ok paul.... you are going to miss out on a quick little AE82 GZE and a turbo 20V that are on the list of attendees though Razz

Just to remind everyone, we are now talking about THIS WEEKEND. If you have any questions about the meeting place, destination, or anything else, please post here or PM me.

Also - if anyone is in need of a UHF handheld, i now have available both a 0.5W model and a 1.5W model. Please PM me if you are interested in purchasing (VERY VERY cheap prices) or borrowing one (0.5W model only) for the day.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 08 March 2004 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm already going to be up that way already, around Umina so I'll probably miss you guys, but have a great cruise! I might take my CB with me and we'll see what happens maybe I can sneak away from things for the day and hang out for abit. UHF Ch 16?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 09 March 2004 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got prices for the UHF handhelds... i nearly crapped my pants at how cheap they are!!!!

Please PM me if you are interested!

1.5W 40Ch UHF Handheld (DC1040)

DC1040, 1.5W Handheld = $80
DC1036, VOX handsfree = $10
DC1034, car charger = $10
SB1720, set of 4 NiMH AAA rechargebales = $7

COMPLETE SET = $95

0.5W 40Ch UHF Handheld (DC1010)

DC1010, 0.5W Handheld = $30
DC1012, VOX handsfree = $10
DC1016, Car charger = $10
SB1720, set of 4 NiMH AAA rechargeables = $7

COMPLETE SET = $50

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 09 March 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geekism Rolling Eyes

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 09 March 2004 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep your opinions to yourself thanks Smile

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 09 March 2004 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
npz, them radios got long range?

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 09 March 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any questions on that topic, please PM me as i stated earlier.
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 09 March 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Newcastle crew have been informed of your cruising...
Not sure as to the turnout tho...
You might have one chaser
and maybe a civic, thats if I can't whore the skyline and make an appareance Wink
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Wed, 10 March 2004 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Wed, 10 March 2004 10:40

thats if I can't whore the skyline and make an appareance Wink

Most of us have to PAY for our cars...with money...

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2004 21:36]

adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Wed, 10 March 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time you guys expected to be at The Haven?
I'll probably cruise down there to meet some of you guys at your lunch stop and check out a few of the Toys since it don't look like i can make it to Toynats.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Wed, 10 March 2004 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sometime around lunch - i really dont know to be honest since my friend has done all the groundwork for this cruise, im just the message bearer Smile

I rekon 12-1pm.
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Wed, 10 March 2004 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep i am pretty keen fron Newcastle with my JZX90 Chaser
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Wed, 10 March 2004 22:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Quote:

thats if I can't whore the skyline and make an appareance.

See...the thing is...I never said it was MINE...did I??? Lets not start this again...And I completely agree that most of you have to PAY for your cars...I just was lucky enough to be bought mine.

Its a generalisation from my other group of lappers...if you don't want to drive yourself...you whore a ride with someone else Wink kinda not the best of phrases, but yeh.

Well, now that Tubwah's in I know that Rob and RSEA wanna cruise, so I'll see if I can arrange them...and the Lotus boys wanted to cruise too...
KillJoy
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Thu, 11 March 2004 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 09:58

Quote:

Quote:

thats if I can't whore the skyline and make an appareance.

See...the thing is...I never said it was MINE...did I???

Oh I think you did..

GRLTOY wrote on Wed, 25 February 2004 16:47

I got MY car for free and I dont' pay rego or insurance...so I guess you could say that the rego for me equals initial costs...in that they're both ZERO Smile hehehe

No one likes a gloater, grltoy.
Special Ed
Regular

November 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Thu, 11 March 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 09:58

...you whore a ride with someone else Wink

REALLY ??

I haven't ever had to go that far just to get a ride in a car...

net nazi
Regular

Forum Moderator

February 2004
big brother is watching Thu, 11 March 2004 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

back to the topic at hand boys and girlz
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Fri, 12 March 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Like I said on twincam,

I'll be there Cool
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Fri, 12 March 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keep your eyes out for a white AE82 with a half black bonnet and grafted bonnet scoop.

Thats where me and the singlecam will be.
nicked
Regular

I supported Toymods

September 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 15 March 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Had a laugh on saturday arvo..
I was sitting with my old man outside Terrigal surf club around lunchtime. Was telling him I was planning on rebuilding the carby on the rolla later that day, & he's saying "that sounds bloody complicated, who convinced you you could do that?".
Just as i'm about to answer I was drowned out by a chorus of baaarp, baaaarrp, baaaarpp, baaaarrrp as this posse of Toyotas booted it past the carpark and up out of Terrigal..
Me (pointing): "Them" Laughing Laughing
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 15 March 2004 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said....

NICE ONE BRUVVA!!!!

Yep.... wouldda been this rucous bunch....

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgD**wYXinUHFcRnGQIE5mcaQAvhSIvTZ0nHzB9e*raBLJ!QwxbZEB3617eF1MqY7nYD6wGWirZYlqP1qM21e5mq47Ny9!7cCDIubc3L1xKCOlnvG3iN0Q/brooklyn%20bridge.jpg?dc=4675463834051877680

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PwAAACwSJi*zyPI*KnrdhOv8hlaiUBVZ7bdIEG2V6pv!FANpxR7Zg!MIbq409qiGr9WCbHnJofGoYXoQL7YNACC3KJrqwbRm/AE82's.jpg?dc=4675463833833125451

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-3-1079312729.jpg

http://www.twincam.org/forums/uploads/post-3-1079313568.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwDYAoIW6VrCYCBinQVN*Fb8j6ehiwHQgTkOjdqpJ7ck47tTzqNx5EvR3xQSJpCAjfz2!SArhgGrjyJMCtrHpQ7kPq!GhWLvftH2bz8oNp3lfUObNybkaA/haven%20lineup%203.jpg?dc=4675463839778425977
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 15 March 2004 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What time did you all leave. I turned up and the some of the rollas were leaving so i continued of making a day of it and has some of those sweet fish n chips. I was in the red AE82 with the front passenger panel sprayed in matt black. Any1 see it if so what u's all think?
Thanx,
Adam
TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 15 March 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
asmuch as i might get flamed out here, i would like to express my disappointment with saturday.
i dont get on the forum and mingle and post much but i expected to pull-up on saturday and meet a freindly bunch of guys that were willing to make other Toyota fans feel welcome. what i didnt expect was to pull into the carpark and once i stop to be basically ignored (except for one or two guys which made me feel a little bit better by introducing themselves)and get asked wether my car was a Mazda Cosmo by guys that regard themselves as die-hard Toyota fans.

i dunno, but without bagging-out ppl's choices, maybe i needed to drive a 4cly fwd corolla to get what i expected ?? maybe i did something wrong or looked funny but hey all ppl should be treated the same and there is no chance for ppl like me to be interested in going out of our way to be involved in future Toymods events.

i am not trying to cause hassle here and i am just telling how it is from my point of view.

if anybody has a problem i can be reached by PM or i will continue to read this thread if it advances.

thanx, Luke
bloody_huge23
Regular

May 2002
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 15 March 2004 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must admit when i first took a quick glance at your car i thought it was a cosmo not until it went past that i realised it was a toyota. Its hard though to come up to someones car because some dickheads dont like it and get paraniod. So you dont know whether to come up to them or wait untill they come up to you.
Thanx,
Adam
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Mon, 15 March 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my appologies to you Tub11y..... i honestly didnt remember that you were meeting up with us on the day (was rather hungover from friday, and hence wasnt driving). I appologise that you werent approached, but honestly it kinda works both ways - especially if you meet up later in the cruise.

You see most of us had either not met before, or not caught up for a long time - and having already been cruising all morning we were rather engrossed in our conversations. Normally people come up and introduce themselves and say who they are so people instantly know who they are talking to.... if u hadve been introduced to me i wouldve gone apeshit over your car... but i didnt even know it was there (was eating fish n chips)

Again, im sorry - but this exact thing has happened to me too dude. You just have to be more outgoing sometimes.
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 16 March 2004 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whattup guys!

i have a mad panoramic photo for y'all too look at!!
but same old story! i dunno how to post them tho!

so if sum one wants to host them i will send!

sick!
Nick
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 16 March 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TUB-11Y wrote on Mon, 15 March 2004 19:43

maybe i did something wrong or looked funny but hey all ppl should be treated the same and there is no chance for ppl like me to be interested in going out of our way to be involved in future Toymods events.

hi luke

sorry you had a bad experience Sad

just for the record i'd like to point out that the cruise wasn't an official toymods event and i'd like to hope you'd get a better greeting at one of our events

we're putting our friendly hats on this year so expect to have board members come up and say hi and introduce you to some people

actually gonna try and get some fluro yellow hats or something for the board to wear so you can spot em a mile away... hehehe just havent told the rest of the board that yet Razz

come to the cruise this friday, i'll be there in my gt4 to say hi

Smile

cheers

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2004 04:52]

TUB-11Y
Regular

February 2003

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 16 March 2004 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will just leave it at this anyway now, thanx for the one or two guys that said g'day to me on the day and thanx for the replies
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 16 March 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is spot on here luke.....

this cruise was actually from the www.twincam.org forums, and most of the people who were in attendance were from those forums and have never read the thread here on toymods.

Like Danny said, come along to an official event, and you will certainly feel the welcome! You didnt on saturday most likely because only those two people knew that you were actually part of the cruise!
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Tue, 16 March 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looked like a good cruise but could'nt make it due to work Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
acrossx913
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Thu, 18 March 2004 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Levos i got some nice pics of your mr2 im chris the guy with the red mr2, guys for more photos heres the linkhttp://www.twincam.org/forums/index.php?showtopic= 2248&st=90

my gf liked your colour mr2 then mine haha should have seen the death stare i gave her hahah Razz nah its a nice colour! needs some phat rims and so does mine!
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sat, 20 March 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe!!

thanks chris!
yeah the ladies do love it!! heehhe!

good photos man!

levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sat, 20 March 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh
what happened to my Panoramical Pic?????

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sat, 20 March 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am waiting to get a copy of photoshop Sad
and access to my webspace

damn format
levos1
Regular

March 2003
Re: Sydney to Central Coast Cruise - Sat 13th March Sun, 21 March 2004 09:57 Go to previous message
ok well how do i post it then???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cruise to kiama on the 4th of april....
Next Topic:Who entered the HPI Drift Comp?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 03:48:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083601474761963 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.