Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon5.gif  People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 11:20 Go to next message

What drives you? (no pun intended!)[ 27 vote(s) ]
1.People 5 / 19%
2.Possessions 14 / 52%
3.Self Improvement 6 / 22%
4.Other (please specify) 2 / 7%

Hey I was having a deep & meaningful discussion with myself the other night & just wanted your opinions...

People vs Possessions vs Self Improvement vs Others

So what drives you??? Confused

EDIT: Changed thread title...

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2004 12:07]

Send a private message to this user    
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: People vs Possessions... (aka not another f\/<king POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How can you improve on perfection Laughing

I have a minor ego issue which may need rectification in the self improvement stakes.

Im driven by material possessions. Smiley $$

So im shallow, but im honest....deal with it. Cool
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: People vs Possessions... (aka not another f\/<king POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car and wanting it to go/look better

so yeh possessions
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: People vs Possessions... (aka not another f\/<king POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i voted self improvement Embarassed

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2004 12:20]

Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ninja Monkies?
Oh oh I know.... t o y m o d s!
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shraka wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 23:58

Oh oh I know.... t o y m o d s!

I take it that's other. Maybe I should amend the poll...
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nawwwww I was just being silly. I voted possessions. I'm a... what do they call that? Superficial bastard? Something like that.
Billy-Mason PI
Regular

July 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Possessions Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$ Smiley $$
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Thu, 04 March 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

So im shallow, but im honest....deal with it.

GvS sings ... did you ever know that your my hero

BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"There is always truth in sarcasm." -Brian Deaton
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have NFI what drives me...I think just about all of them do to some extent or another.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
while I do enjoy having pretty posessions and fast cars, I have to say I'm driven by people.
I largely define my sense of self by the sense of happiness I can instill in others, and by how happy my friends are.

Material posessions are just nice shiny things to accompany what really matters. (and to make it suck less to be single)
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you saying that you build fast cars to please and meet expectations of others and not yourself?

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Material posessions are just nice shiny things to accompany what really matters. (and to make it suck less to be single)"

it gives me a certain amount of satasfaction, to be sure. Just it means nothing to me when compared to my friends
silvercil40
Regular

August 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I find it a hard question to answer. Sure its nice to have materialistic possesions, but I dont rate them above friends either. Family and friends top the list.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im a material girl/boy, having cool stuff is the best
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Fri, 05 March 2004 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

im a material girl/boy

a little confused today Lang??? hehehe
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Sat, 06 March 2004 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GRLTOY wrote on Sat, 06 March 2004 09:35

Quote:

im a material girl/boy

a little confused today Lang??? hehehe

no silly i was referring to the song Smile
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Sat, 06 March 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well nothing gets me going if i had the choice id just stay in bed all day Confused i really dont care much about my car maybe its because its an excel butthen again i havent really looked after any other car ive owned so im not a possesions person eh now i just friggin confused myself so im going back to bed gotta rest up going entrance tonight Razz
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Sat, 06 March 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Song eh...hmmmz ok cos I was startin to get a lil worried about ur pansy ass there Wink

Hmmmz wellllllll moving roight along Wink
Camry_omega
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Tue, 09 March 2004 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I belive in self improvement, if you can learn more and make something more of yourself, then materialsitic things, and possessions are much easier to gain.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Tue, 09 March 2004 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my gf is a posession Laughing
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Tue, 09 March 2004 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My oh my, what a materialistic bunch we have here Laughing Currently leading with 56% of the vote...

Still can't decide for myself (the original intention of this post!) but I think self improvement rates pretty highly.

As for people, I don't really give a toss what others think. Possesions, oh I have many & couldn't ask for anything more. Still don't have time to use the ones I have already...

But my thirst for knowledge is probably my greatest attribute Very Happy Echoing Camry_omega, with knowledge comes the power to achieve what you want whether it be material possessions, deep & meaningful relationships or just a better sense of self-worth...
GRLTOY
Regular

December 2003
  Creator of Mischief
Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Tue, 09 March 2004 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Self Actualisation sits at the top of Maslows Heirarchy of Needs...

Some people wouldn't be complete without a portfolio of investment properties, 2-3 decent vehicles, and some form of purposeful trophy husband...

But who's to say they're materialistic?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Wed, 10 March 2004 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say if you cannot be complete without "a portfolio of investment properties, 2-3 decent vehicles, and some form of purposeful trophy husband(/wife)" then yes you are materialistic.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: People vs Possessions (aka not another POLL!) Wed, 10 March 2004 02:27 Go to previous message
Well my thought:-

People - I have always been told you can judge the quality of a person, by the quality of the people at his/her funeral.

When you think about that, the quality of the people at your funeral is unknown until they are dead, and the people at their funeral are dead and so on, eventually all the people are dead and when no one attends the last person's funeral we can derive that he/she was crap, hence if we follow that chain of thought backwards we can derive that all people are crap.

Possessions - He who dies with the most toys, still dies.

Self improvement - I couldn't give a rats if I am better than I was yesterday, as long as i am happy with who I am today.

Other -

I think two very important categories should have made the list:

1. The animal instinct to procreate and giving your offspring the best possible chance of a) survival and b) thriving. This will in turn see the survival of the species...

2. Beer

So in the end it all comes down to sex and beer, hence I voted other.

[edit: clarification]

[Updated on: Wed, 10 March 2004 02:29]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:P.I.M.P
Next Topic:Joke! hehehe.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:37:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061399936676025 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.