Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 08:45 Go to next message
hey

did anyone else notice that in initil d in the first few episodes in the race scenes the writing on the front of takumis car says TORENO when it should say TRUENO.

mabye ive just watched the cartoon too much.

ps to all you initial d haters Twisted Evil Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was because suichi shingeno (the writer/producer) didnt have the liscense to use the official names in the first series

then after that he was given authority to by toyota

like nisno on iketani's shirt and such

ps > stage 4 is out in japan on pay per view

soon SOOOOON

[Updated on: Thu, 04 March 2004 09:06]

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrm it will be interesting to see where the storyline goes in the next series
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is stage 4 a continuation of the series or a movie?
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The movie is the pay per view thingy, its just a sumary of whats happend so far. The 4th stage is actually a continuation on from where the 3rd stage movie ended.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well actually the current payperview is a summary of the series with another payperview coming in future with stage 4 being free to air i think

stage 4 is a 26 episode series like stage 1 and 2
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stage 2 didn't have 26 eps ... *checks hdd* it had 13
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*sigh*

yes
i forgot to add stage 2 had 13
half a standard ova series

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you ask me.. they should've left it at that...

it was the perfect ingredient for a trilogy.. Sorta like star wars.. It was very complete so to say.

1st stage. Takumi gets thrown in the world of racing.. He wins the matches... but has no interest in being a street racer.. He keeps winning, and seems unstoppable. Takumi doesn't think much of it.

2nd stage. Takumi becomes bored of racing akina... His victories were hollow, then he gets his arse kicked.. Sorta like the bad guys winning.... He realises that he lacks.. Its sorta like The empire strikes back. He's car changes, and he can't drive it as yet. Cause of this, he starts taking interest, but has no direction.

3rd stage. Takumi is back with full force, he ties up his affiars left at second stage. And in a way, he finds inner peace. He realises that he has now developed a passion for racing. He follows the all so sick mentor ryosuke, and at the end of the series he heads for the tracks. He starts his racing career.

So to speak, the trilogy is about the development of takumi from a guy doing tofu deliveries to a fully fledged racer. Now that he is a racer, what can they do next?

I reckon they should do a spin off series with Itsuki and his 85. Of course they should keep a tab on takumi's world. And in the end, they become rivals maybe? Smile

rock on.
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i havent been up to speed on the 4th stage "rumours" for a while now but does anyone know what happens in the series?
is the 4th stage on kazaa yet? Surprised
nomuken
Regular

November 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kazaa rofl Surprised
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nomuken wrote on Fri, 05 March 2004 07:31

kazaa rofl Surprised

how come thats funny? i got every single episode off kazaa as well as the movie and the extra stage.

but to answer the question, no its not online yet
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know which fansub groups gonna be fansubbing it?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kazaa & it's users are having a few legal problems at the moment Surprised
Green_Comet
Regular

August 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Thu, 04 March 2004 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

If you ask me.. they should've left it at that...

Na man they should milk this series for everything its got!!

Im not complaining, its putting my ae86 up in value!! Very Happy
hehe
Grinder
Regular

June 2003

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Fri, 05 March 2004 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lang wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 20:16

hrm it will be interesting to see where the storyline goes in the next series

I bet it has something to do with who can drift/race the best just for a change. Smile
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Fri, 05 March 2004 03:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seeming it is liscenced (initial d), chances are, people aren't going to fan subb it...

so you won't see it on kazaa, or bit torrent, or any of the anime sharing facilities stuff.

I don't konw of any group that's considering fansubbing it anyways.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 March 2004 03:40]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Fri, 05 March 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seriously guys.... its only a cartoon Rolling Eyes
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Fri, 05 March 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
But its such a good one Very Happy

One thing i'm sure of what happens is that takumi races his dads wrx, and gets his arse handed to him. His dads still heavily involved in the racing scene, thats what his "meetings" consist of.
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sat, 06 March 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boris wrote on Fri, 05 March 2004 14:39

I wonder if you would feel the same if Takumi was driving a 1975 TA22 Celica. Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sat, 06 March 2004 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John K wrote on Sat, 06 March 2004 11:48

boris wrote on Fri, 05 March 2004 14:39

I wonder if you would feel the same if Takumi was driving a 1975 TA22 Celica. Laughing

nail. head. hit.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sat, 06 March 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here he comes!

here comes speed racer !

hes a demon on wheels ! Laughing

Sounds like were looping back to the days of the good old mach 5 !!

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 04 March 2004 21:54

well actually the current payperview is a summary of the series with another payperview coming in future with stage 4 being free to air i think

Hmmm ... I just saw the preview and didn't think it was worth the $$$ - still, the move away from Super Eurobeat to heavier / grungier music is making me a bit skeptical.

At least the graphics would be similar to that used in the movie ...
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any of you seen "wangan midnight" Cool
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70_3SGTE wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 15:27

Any of you seen "wangan midnight" Cool

Hmmm ... still prefer Initial D over it - I take it you are referring to the live action movie?

Reckon in real life a 240Z won't have a chance against the Top Secret R33 GTR ... Still, there's something class about 240Z's though ... Very Happy
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Real life movie? is that the one when a wrx and a evo race at the end? anyways...

Its a cartoon just like initial d, but a sprinter wont beat a 500hp GTR
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70_3SGTE wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 16:03

Real life movie? is that the one when a wrx and a evo race at the end? anyways...

I wasn't aware of an anime of Wangan Midnight - the comics are available in the Sydney Konikuniya bookstore. Almost bought one but decided against it. Anyway, the main character drives a 240Z with a L28 turbo'd motor if I do recall. In the real life movie, he races it against the Top Secret R33 GTR.

The one when a WRX and EVO race at the end is 'Legend of Speed' which showed on SBS - utter crap ... then again, it was a HK flick. Influenced heavily by Fast & Furious - who hits NOS on a tight track and then pulls a 4WD drift? Rolling Eyes

I just watch all those Option and Drift Tengoku DVD's nowadays.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 16:21

here! here!

Dodgy_Haro wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 15:12

Hmmm ... I just saw the preview and didn't think it was worth the $$$ - still, the move away from Super Eurobeat to heavier / grungier music is making me a bit skeptical.

is it? havent seen it yet? hook me up dodgy?

[Updated on: Sun, 07 March 2004 05:28]

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 16:21

ke70_3SGTE wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 16:03

I wasn't aware of an anime of Wangan Midnight - the comics are available in the Sydney Konikuniya bookstore. Almost bought one but decided against it. Anyway, the main character drives a 240Z with a L28 turbo'd motor if I do recall. In the real life movie, he races it against the Top Secret R33 GTR.

The one when a WRX and EVO race at the end is 'Legend of Speed' which showed on SBS - utter crap ... then again, it was a HK flick. Influenced heavily by Fast & Furious - who hits NOS on a tight track and then pulls a 4WD drift? Rolling Eyes

Yeh thats the one!! i saw the comics (GHEY) but i also have seen a few episodes at a friends on tape, i cant seem to find it on the net! and thats "legend of speed" i thought it was older that F&F Cool
Beserker99
Regular

January 2004
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Sun, 07 March 2004 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its true, Legend of Speed did come out before F&F.

As for those who are wondering whats going to happen in 4th stage, I'd suggest you read the manga scanlations.

It gets pretty crazy ^_^
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Mon, 08 March 2004 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Dodgy_Haro wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 15:12

is it? havent seen it yet? hook me up dodgy?

I didn't have the stomach to watch a reharsh of the entire Initial D series in the Initial D ~ Road to 4th Stage program ... however, at the end there are some interviews with the various production crews, one including the usual interview with JPop band MOVE - they specifically mentioned that they are going for heavier music and moving away from Eurobeat, although not altogether.

You might be able to download the opening theme for 4th stage already, called something like 'Grab My Destiny' ...

Hmmm ... perhaps Fast & Furious takes some cues from Legend of Speed then?

[Updated on: Mon, 08 March 2004 01:55]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Mon, 08 March 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its not 'blast my desire' is it?
thats off their new album called deep calm released 28th jan this year

ther arent any others that are similar named that are new.

(edit)

http://www.j-fan.com/jpop/jpop.cgi?action=viewrev& amp; amp;artist=move&album=s-Blast_My_Desire-s

Quote:

move has a new single out. This one precedes a new original album that they have coming out later in the month. The main song is the opening theme for the anime, "Initial D".

here is a real media 1.00 snippet of the song
http://www.j-fan.com/jpop/audio/move-blastmydesire .ram

there you go.

i cant wait for stage 4 fansubs...

[Updated on: Mon, 08 March 2004 02:47]

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Mon, 08 March 2004 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually, I think you are right - I am at work and didn't pay too much attention to the song title ... Very Happy

'Blast my Desire' it is ...
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: INITIAL D, TORENO TRUENO Tue, 09 March 2004 11:11 Go to previous message
Ah end as a trilogy??? Hell no!!!!! I luv watch Mako Sato! lol
If onli u could bone n anime character.

I also know about Wangan Midnight as comics. But drop me some info on this movie!!! Is it anime or actors?

Does anyone have any other racing anime or actor one?
If yous can copy it for me I'll pay yas hehe.
DVD-R or VDC or CD-R media files for pc or VHS.. anything, just want something diff than Initial D.

And bleh I like HK flicks. Looks on brite sid ethough it show realism in the fact that Street Racing can and pssibly will result in fatalities..

Iwas gunna say somethign else but, I forget,
Yep any info on Wangan Midnight movie or othe rmovies, or if u can dub em, PM me plz peoples..

Hmm 4th Stage is a series and The 4th Stage movie is a recap? Damn that is what I have just ordered then.... oh well.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:drift bro
Next Topic:Pnuematic valves on F1's
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:10:00 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0075371265411377 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.