Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 02:34 Go to next message
God damn it was cool anyone else see it?? How did they do that?? so those "HP" technology adds werent just lies!! Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 3d car going around the track?.. thats well easy
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but it was micheals 3d car going around in the exact same spot as he goes in real life and it had the line showing when he brakes and acclerates! if its so easy can you make me one witha ke70 instead of a f1 Very Happy
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well they get all that recorded on telemetry .. wouldnt really be too hard to base it off that
it would all be programmed and not actually animated
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your on my msn, why are you talking to me here lol
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep - heaps of SIMS out now that can work of telemetry or real-world input.
see www.x-plane.com for example of a flight sim that simulates actual aircraft wing/fuselage/engine design in action.
with 3D max, maya, lightwave et al it's not hard to get the output of a sim program and overlay it into a 3D world or rotoscope the output of the sim and live vision together.
tho of course, it helps if you've got a few bucks to spend on a decent render-farm and a few good operators...
see lord of the rings for examples Wink
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh i seee, understand what you said? nooo Laughing
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
<http://www.howstuffworks.com/>
and
<www.google.com.au>

Cool Laughing
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont laugh..... Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wouldnt be done with rotoscoping at all
it would be all coders input
its like old school games, all the animations were coded rather than animated.
especially on a car thing.. very easy to get the telem.. pick the right car and say run once the code has been finished once
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man you just copyd what i said to you in our msn convo
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol.. i didnt copy but i may have wrote basically the same thing
tiredness is getting to me
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That Virtual Spectator thing wasn't Michael Shumacher! Many of the lines were wrong!

Plus it took them 1:30 to lap the circuit. I don't think Schuey came even 4 secs close to being that slow all weekend... Smile
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jag7799 wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 16:13

wouldnt be done with rotoscoping at all
it would be all coders input
its like old school games, all the animations were coded rather than animated.
especially on a car thing.. very easy to get the telem.. pick the right car and say run once the code has been finished once

oh . i thought someone had mapped the F1 car onto vision of the real track, hence the rotorscope suggestion.... Wink

having not bothered to watch the race ('twas a predictable result? seeing as only F had built a whole new engine & car that better suited the new rules)... i took a guess at them having the digital car 'drive' on the real streets... woops.

anyway, even playstation 1 could record your driving behaviour and map it & replay it onto a course (e.g. wipeout being the best example).
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 18:47

That Virtual Spectator thing wasn't Michael Shumacher! Many of the lines were wrong!

Plus it took them 1:30 to lap the circuit. I don't think Schuey came even 4 secs close to being that slow all weekend... Smile

oh i just said any name, and mr shoe maker came to mind
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What would be the point of mapping the telemetry to overlay a cgi car onto the real track? Don't get me wrong I am into 3d graphics etc...but I don't see the point of replacing a real car with a fake one.

kinda like hawk eye in the cricket (it's extrapolation sux by the way)...I can see the ball for real, why do I want to see a cgi image of it?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do a google search on 'Augmented reality' very cool, overlays a 3d cgi image onto a real world(video), in real time...very cool!!!
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause they can i suppose
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I suppose that is as good a reason as any...
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Sun, 07 March 2004 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i geuss, you good with photo shop?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Mon, 08 March 2004 00:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am an Comp. Engineer, I (can - but currently don't) make 3d happen, drawing stuff is up to the artists!!!
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Mon, 08 March 2004 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you dont know how to make colour masks
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: WHO JUST SAW THAT CGI GRAPHIC F1 STUFF ON TEN Mon, 08 March 2004 01:00 Go to previous message
I know the engineering behind it, however I am unable to do it...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:hey guys look at this
Next Topic:dream date
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 21:06:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061459541320801 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.