Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
John K
Regular

August 2003

FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 02:14 Go to next message
Last night I was driving back from the Razorbacks game with my fiance in my 91" Charade, and as I was going around the roundabout, the car want in a complete drift as if it was RWD. I kept on the throttle and had my first FWD drift. Shocked
I felt like going around again. Laughing
Can't wait for my motor to be run in, in my Sprinter, getting frustrated seeing guys wanting to race and I need to take it easy. 600km to go. Evil or Very Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
midnight
Regular

November 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol did you have the handbreak on?
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah no handbrake I just took the roundabout quick, and next thing I know I'm doing a crazy DORIFTO! Laughing
I think I'll have to start practecing with the handbrake. Cool
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who needs a handbrake, with standard suspension just tap the brakes to get the back light and it'll step out. Did it in my 162 when the shocks were... well not up to standard... Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I pull that shit all the time in my corolla Rolling Eyes , no hand brake or foot brake application needed, it's all about weight tranfer and accelerator control, once you understand how it done in a FWD you don't need braking at all, takes a lot of practice to control really well, but it can do it as good as a RWD, wouldn't dare try that shit in my celcia though, it's too valuable incase I slip up an do some damage.

I'll tell you the best drifting FWD car I have ever driven.................. Wait for it................... a FESTIVA Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing no shit for some unknown reason they seem to drift fantasticlly, was going round a roundabout one night (in the dry not raining) the back just naturally slipped out (didn't even have to try) I just followed it through all the way around the roundabout and came off fine, Looked back and there was a dude in a commodore with his arm out the window giving me the thumbs up Laughing Laughing Laughing
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'ld like to see you lose the back of a properly lowered 162 with accelerator control only Smile

but yeah you can do it in my dads corolla with it's cheese cutters Laughing
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my excel does the same thing...... mwa @ FWD doriftos
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

im temped to throw the "fwd drifting isnt REAL drifting" quote in, but i wont Laughing

teeheheheh
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it all depends on how sideways it stays doesn't it Very Happy

but not really drifting.... my next car I think is going to be a mr2 with a 3sge or the new mr2 with a 2zzge Smile
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could also drop the rear tyre pressure to around 10 pounds
HyEnA^
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have done FWD drift once or twice in my sprinter before.
I did it once un-intentional when I was coming around a round-a-bout doing a right turn. It had been raining and I was ready to use the hand brake, but the arse end went out sideways and I corrected the car and end up doing a perfect turn.
I was stoked about doing a drift-o, and I had a mate in the car we were both laughing but both suprised that it turned out alright.
I have also done a few with the hand brake and also not really drift but power slide on dirt too.
beerfart
Regular

August 2002
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
apparently McJacks trays under the back tyres are a bit of a laugh too.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I'll tell you the best drifting FWD car I have ever driven.................. Wait for it................... a FESTIVA no shit for some unknown reason they seem to drift fantasticlly, was going round a roundabout one night (in the dry not raining) the back just naturally slipped out (didn't even have to try) I just followed it through all the way around the roundabout and came off fine, Looked back and there was a dude in a commodore with his arm out the window giving me the

ROFL! hahaha SWEET! Smile
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
beerfart wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 22:57

apparently McJacks trays under the back tyres are a bit of a laugh too.

Oh thats good, the worst thing is I can imagine a guy I work with doing that in his sik civic auto, this guy thinks a burnout is a the tyres making a quick squeak Laughing
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Sun, 07 March 2004 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I've done the trays under the back... was really gettting the hang of it then they burnt through and the tyres gripped haha but good fun Smile
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: FWD DRIFT couldn't believ it! Mon, 08 March 2004 00:54 Go to previous message
Just wondering how hard it would be to drift on dry road with a FWD, its easy in the wet though.

I also like understeering in FWD. Just turn sharp in a corner and step on the throttle, your turning left, or right with the steering but the car is going straight, then you just back off the throttle and turn the nose back in. Is there something wrong with me! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE86 4AGZE Insurance for <21
Next Topic:wats tha deal wif Hydrolics in aus?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:50:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047900676727295 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.