Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Cold air Induction for ST162

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
icon3.gif  Cold air Induction for ST162 Fri, 05 March 2004 11:19 Go to next message
whoops this is for you StuC........ mostly...

I kinda kept forgetting this as well. hehe

This is the CAI I did for my ST162, yours will be a bit different no doubt, it impossible for anyone else to get it the same as mine. Laughing Mad grrrr...

this is the original resonator box, you want to get rid of this.
http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/res1.jpg

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/res2.jpg
this is one off an ST165 this is what I had
http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/res3.jpg

I replaced it with this.
http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/cai1.jpg
note the top black peice is off the 165 box
http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/cai2.jpg

I used 65mm PVC piping that join in the middle is just a peice of rubber (also allows a drainage point) with hose clamps when I put it together (front piece in) I put a peice of flyscreen over the end to filter out the big shit, rocks, bugs (trust me I found alot of these in there last time I checked it, this has saved my filter sooo much damage)did the whole thing for about $35.
  Send a private message to this user    
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Fri, 05 March 2004 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn that looks excelent Very Happy , any increase in performance?.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Fri, 05 March 2004 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you kinda really don't notice little differences like this with a turbo, I had a dodgier old one on my original 3sge it did feel a bit better, but that was pretty dodgy, I mean dodgier than RobST162's, hehe
StuC
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Fri, 05 March 2004 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx heaps man, thats exactly what i was after. i havent seen any photos of the restrictor box and havent had time to take off the arch yet, but that is exactly what im gonna do.

Cheers mate
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Fri, 05 March 2004 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

, but that was pretty dodgy, I mean dodgier than RobST162's, hehe

lol, that's impossible!

yeah but mine is BIG! Smile

I think I will do one up like yours Very Happy

thanks for putting this up Joel it's tops
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Fri, 05 March 2004 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had plans of doing something like this but not until i had my battery relocated to the boot, and a few more mods.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Sat, 06 March 2004 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THat looks damn neat...but I can't see myself having my luck finding the ST165 resonator end...what alternatives are there?
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Sat, 06 March 2004 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why I said guys that none of you can make it the same hehe, I should be alright though, beacause i am using the st165 stuff all the intake piping before the air box is different to the 162 stuff, the 162 has that large pipe running down inside the engine bay to behind the headlight, you could plumb a peice of pipe into the side of that with some modification, the only reason I had to keep the 165 resonator end was cause the 165 doesn't have that pipe inside the engine bay, it all goes into the side panel due to really limited space. basically it would have to be more like classique71's if anyone renembers that, but you could easily go to 65mm with some piping modification.
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Sat, 06 March 2004 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I thought, maybe I'll just move the battery to the boot and do the whole thing from the panel-box anyway.
NuGeN
Regular

April 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Sun, 07 March 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you post pics of the front of your car??
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Mon, 08 March 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that looks sweet. looked at options with mine but too much trouble.
i got a k&n panel filter at the moment and that about as far as i will got atm.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Mon, 08 March 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here you go NuGeN, My baby with her dress off Embarassed (she'll get over it Surprised )

Yeah I got the k&n panel as well, not point in this without some better flow Wink

http://wiser.actewagl.net.au/cai3.jpg

Now you can se why I have that nice little bend in it, just so I don't get air from too low
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Cold air Induction for ST162 Tue, 09 March 2004 02:33 Go to previous message
Actually there's more than one reason why you don't want it too low, fact of the matter is, you want it as close to the centre of the car as possible, and as close to midway between the front lip of the bonnet and the ground.

This is because the *slowest* air is the most dense, and dense air is what you need for more power.

People saying 'that the air will be 'forced' in if you put it further away from the centre of the car' are not particularly bright. Although ram-air does work and can be good, it's not particularly practical for most cars and due to the low speed work that most street cars do...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:185 calipres to 162
Next Topic:ST205 brakes on a 185
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:30:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048210620880127 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.