Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » whats with all the st162 threads recently?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 05:46 Go to next message
seems quite odd. theres a HEAP of new sillycar related posts.

is there a new cartoon out about a fwd drifting st162 i dont know about? Wink hehe

personally, not my taste, only a few can tickle my fancy, most is just rice. i did see a red one in haymarket though

deep dish rims
very slim body kit, looked japanese oldschool, red with DARK tint

looks nice Smile makes a change from the mummy ones and the riceboys

[Updated on: Sun, 07 March 2004 05:48]

Send a private message to this user    
charliechalk
Regular

June 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um, maybe people have found out what a great car they are? Very Happy

Guess lots of P platers just realised it's a reliable first car. And now trying to figure out what they can do with them? I dunno. I'ld prefer a 165 to my 162 though Rolling Eyes or an mr2
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe their seeing the st162 as a better twin cam FWD alternative to corollas - which they are in all respects!

they are one of the best cars toyota ever made - thats for sure - right on the money

SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the riceboys! Very Happy
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know personally I am trying to stay away from ricing as much as possible, I just like the clean sleak look.

"When I grow up I wanna be a riceboy" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil hehehe Freak
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its Toyota Australias only real Sports car Cool, though the Mr2 is very good too Smile.
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DID SOMEONE SAY RICE? Very Happy
http://home.iprimus.com.au/smt7/HST162.jpg
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 20:56

maybe their seeing the st162 as a better twin cam FWD alternative to corollas - which they are in all respects!

Pffft Razz Laughing
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sun, 07 March 2004 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm gonna rice mine up a lil but not alot. Like 17" rims(i already got), new front bar to allow better flow for when i get a front mounted intercooler(might have to get a custom bar as i don't think that the 165 bar will allow good enuff flow), i think i'll get the SSV rear spoiler, sum side skirting to hide the 3" exaust(yes u can see it), a new rear bar to balance out the body kit(maybe the SSV bar), new paint job something simple, and upgrade the interior to shine like new.

But done in moderation it will look nice but not too rice.

As for the rolla's vs celicas, it comes down to ur personal preference. U can mod a rolla to be able to beat celicas, but the celica does have a larger engine(400ml) so it does have a larger potential for power out put.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Mon, 08 March 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lucid wrote on Mon, 08 March 2004 05:20

Classique71 wrote on Sun, 07 March 2004 20:56

Pffft Razz Laughing

Deal with it Razz
drft spec - st167
Regular

November 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Mon, 08 March 2004 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st162 owners r indivduals who found a great car dedcicated factory sports ( not like mums shopping rolla) car at a nice price compared to aussie shite (commo's falmcon) which has some pefromance but mostly handling to back it up.

plus it is very reliable and econimical

if we all had money i am sure i wqould buy somthing bigger with 12 or 10 cylinders or even just 8, but i dont and i am very happy with my choice

wats wrong some rice?? leats its not 12g lancer with 10g worth of rims and paint but stock intenrals
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Tue, 09 March 2004 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

leats its not 12g lancer with 10g worth of rims and paint but stock intenrals

word to that!
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Tue, 09 March 2004 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would rather have a corolla shopping trolley then a gay hair dresser's celica Laughing Smile
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Wed, 10 March 2004 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And why would that be - ? so you can be slower , handle less , look worse , and have room to carry your nana ?

Yep - all definate reasons youd prefer a shopping trolley over a sports car
bazza162
Newcomer

February 2004
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Mon, 15 March 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hotrolla wrote on Wed, 10 March 2004 10:05

I would rather have a corolla shopping trolley then a gay hair dresser's celica Laughing Smile

I don't understand why people get so arrogant about their cars. I own a st162 and i don't think it's the bloody best car you could buy, let alone a rolla. Yes celicas are hair dresser cars but hearing another message of yours saying that you think corollas look better than celicas, thats just hilarious. Toyota obviously spent no effort into the aesthetics of the car because their goals would have been to design a practical, economical small car for a broad target market.

Just my 2c

Btw i feel sorry for you considering how much money you've probably spent on your shopping trolley
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Mon, 15 March 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one of the things that makes them popular for first cars is the prices that they go for (varying roughly between 3-5k), very decent considering thier performance and looks
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Mon, 15 March 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st162's are ok, i prefer a tuff st165 of the 16x family, but doesnt anyone
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sat, 17 July 2004 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: whats with all the st162 threads recently? Sat, 17 July 2004 15:14 Go to previous message
way to dig up an old thread!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Where to buy/get/make sidemount seat rails for racing seats
Next Topic:question, how much from syd to Tas?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 23:57:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079820156097412 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.