Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Sat, 06 March 2004 05:15 Go to next message
1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?)
Just curious....
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Sat, 06 March 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1j is a long 6cyl and yoll proabably have to bash your firewall to firt it in - + it may have legal minus's against it in your state

3sgte is a much better fit - but just as difficult - but wont make your sprinter into a lead nosed arrow ..

power wise - 1j is torqueyer - but the 3sgte will match it for power with little fuss

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Sat, 06 March 2004 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1jz-gte in a sprinter is NOT legal in nsw

3s-gte is at least legal, but dont think it will by any means be an easy conversion... if you want something easier, try a 4a-gze then whack a turbo on it.

sure, it'll never make the power of a modded 3s/1jz - but in a sprinter, what are you going to do with that power?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Sat, 06 March 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3sg 2.0 liter 4 cyl > legal alo lightweight and wont affect the weight distribution of the chassis

the 1jzgte i believe is not a legal conversion, but the 1ggte is i can assure you of that.

failing either of these 2 power houses, maybe try a 3t? or even a 4agze converted into a GTE if your hankering for a turbo

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Sat, 06 March 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yea I thought there were rules and restrictions too not allowing the 1jz in an ae86, but wuz talkin to some friends last nite n they say they often see big azz V8s in 260Zs etc.. in this state...So it just didnt add up to me if that was true....
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Sun, 07 March 2004 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Engine conversion legality is related to the vehicle's mass (as it left the factory). You'll find 260Z's are quite a lot heavier than AE86's, which is why V8 conversions are legal.

Regardless of legality, the 1JZ conversion is a dumb idea. Anyone who has seen a JZ engine up close will know why... they're BIG!
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Mon, 08 March 2004 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you did some research into the leaglities you would find you can fit larger engines into car already fitted with 6 cyclinders from the factory.

4's and rotarys have to follow the 2.5 times the weight for turbos with rotars counting as twice their capacity but if you car is fitted with a 6 or 8 from the factory it runs off a different chart for what you can fit..
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Mon, 08 March 2004 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Don't wanna sound like a heretic here on Toymods ... but ... have you thought about a SR20DET? Has been dome before and bolt-on parts are plentiful. For that matter, a CA18DET would be cheaper and 2nd hand performance parts for these cars are getting very cheap.

Don't flame me, I'm just kicking around a few more options Cool .
It's not like I suggested a B16A or a Windsor 302 Very Happy
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Mon, 08 March 2004 05:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just read couple of articles on dudes with 1jz's but yea realistically probably very dumb.
I personally just rather keep a Toyota engine in a Toyota car though Celica sue..... But SR20 is a nice engine.
The AE86 with the S2000 engine looks quite interesting forgety which tuning company did it!

The mor I think about it the lazier I feel, mite just throw the gze in that is in the shed but means I have to source ECU sensors etc etc, and should pull it down to check it anyways ugh.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Mon, 08 March 2004 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was HOT STAFF

see here >

http://www.club4ag.com/faq%20and%20tech_pages/HOT% 20STAFF%20Part%20II%20-%20S2000%20Motor.htm
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Mon, 08 March 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont forget the cooling problems you'll run into with a jz cramped in there. no space for heat dissipation. And itll be a prick to work on with no room.
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Tue, 09 March 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive had 13BT's and 4A's with full gear etc, on my (rather big I thought) engine stand with no dramas. You think i could get a bare 1JZ on there? No Fucking way! bent it almost to the floor before we'd taken the weight off the hoist.

The 1JZ is goddamn big. A lot bigger than stock in a sprinter. Get a bigger car for your 1JZ Smile
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: 1jzgte Vs 3sgte in Sprinter (pros and cons for each?) Tue, 09 March 2004 11:01 Go to previous message
Just was a thought as I reads about it a few times, damn thy ust be gigantic things....
My usual mistakes of totally misjudging engine size/weights.

First stupid experience... from constantly lifting with one othe rperson (my father) a 89 Cosworth F1 engine. Stupid me thought 2 people could move a gze and went along and brought it home...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Power steering conversion 78 corona
Next Topic:RA 40, air con question.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 02:42:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066478252410889 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.