Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Questionble car damage?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
M Spec
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Questionble car damage? Wed, 22 May 2002 13:42 Go to next message
Was driving in wet weather on the weekend and I hit the back of a Mitsibishi Lancer GSR when he had to brake suddendly while I was looking in the other lane to over take him. In a split second braked hard and skdded into him. Just a unfortunate accident, obviously I'm at fault. ( I drive a current shape Celica)

Both pulled over and had a look at the damage which was minor. Some small scratches on his back bumper and it had moved a bit. My number plate was a bit bent and few minor scratches on my front bumber and a small cut from his angled muffler into my fog light area. We both exchanged our details and were on our way and I told him to send me the qoute for the damage and I'll pay for it. We were both casual about it beacuse it was'nt anything major.

Calls me up on the Monday as said the damage was around $2,000 and he'll send me the qoute. I just a bit more than suss on the cost of the damage. He claims there was some structual damage in the boot area from the accident. His back bumper was not even dented or out of shape when I inspected it after the accident. I'm waiting for the qoute in the mail but I feel it was not that hard of a shunt to do structual damage to his chassis. Opinions?
  Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Questionble car damage? Wed, 22 May 2002 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M Spec,

Sorry to hear of your bingle. If it were me I would be insisting on no less than 3 quotes and if they are all high try getting your insurance company to inspect his vehicle. He may be trying to bump up the quote so as to have other repairs carried out at the same time !

Good luck with it !
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Questionble car damage? Wed, 22 May 2002 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First of all the other person needs to get three inderpendent quotes and send them to you!
My AU falcooon was hit up the butt not long back. Scratched the bumper a bit nothin to worry about but the boot area was pushed up about 10mm! The whole lot cost $822 that included painting and a new bumper!

[Updated on: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:49]

Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Questionble car damage? Wed, 22 May 2002 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its common practice for the repairer to fix and repair other damage aswell as the damage you caused! My girlfriend drove the side of my ford into my gate! Got it fixed for nothin when somebody ran up my arse..Poor barstard payed for the lot!
faulksy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Questionble car damage? Wed, 22 May 2002 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunatey while the bumber may be fine, it doesn't mean there isnt any structral damage. But get more quotes definitely
M Spec
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: Questionble car damage? Wed, 22 May 2002 14:15 Go to previous message
I just have a sinking feeling I might be paying for damage I did'nt cause. I'm paying out of my own pocket. Thanks for the advice so far guys. Definintely asking hinm to get 3 qoutes. Gives me a chance to get car car fixed up and get my carbon fibre bonnet installed. Not made of money but the wallet is going to be hurting/empty for a while.

Jason
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Wiring Ae101 4agze levin
Next Topic:AUTOJOY?????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:25:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050499439239502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.