Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Sat, 06 March 2004 08:29 Go to next message
Hi guys, I just rang up toyota to order a group a bumper for a 1990 celica to make it look better, but they want a vin number and date of manufacture.

If anybody has a GT4 group A (or maybe even a regular GT4) and could share their VIN that would be great just so i can order this bumper

Thanks guys

Isaac
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Sat, 06 March 2004 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont need a vin to get one ..

i got mine without it - in fact - i got 2 without it ..

they are telling you stories - otherwise order them from interstate or another dealer ..

to put it on youll need both reinforcment bars too - remember that ..

expect a bill of nearly a grand to get it fitted and painted when buying genuine parts

isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Sat, 06 March 2004 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I ask how much you paid for the bumper, minus the reinforcement bars and all that, just supply from the dealer?

Thanks
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Sat, 06 March 2004 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they retail for about 360 dollars on average - thats just for the bumper skin
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Sun, 07 March 2004 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ummm actually he is not telling stories...... I have had to provide my vin number to prove I owned a GRP A before they would sell me any part for my car. After providing them with it they apoligised for the inconvieneance and told me its what toyota requests now because it is a limited numbered production car.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Sun, 07 March 2004 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats odd - ive had no dramnas getting my parts anhar - never once been asked for a Vin Smile

so far ive got 2 skins - a mounting bar - and all the mesh sections needed .. all genuine - all new

Im also going to be getting more parts most likely in the near future ..

isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Mon, 08 March 2004 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just rang up hinterland toyota and quoted the part number and he said it's no good. Can i ask what part number you used for the bumper?
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Mon, 08 March 2004 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha I went to canberra toyota and asked for parts for my GrpA. The guy assured me there was no such car... "there were no special edition gt4's" is what he told me...

Henceforth Neal Bates Auto service my car, not Canberra Toyota.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Mon, 08 March 2004 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take your car into them and say " what the hell is this then "

Ive found recently that alot of places seriously have no idea about group A's or their existance of such a car ..

Squid - talk to Mal at Phillip toyota in canberra - he is a Gt4 parts god .. Really knows his gear - ive got my throttle body adaptor and my reo bar #2 thru him and hes been excellent in finding out specific details regarding my car ( ie like the fact i have the torsen LSD in the back , and a group A spec turbo on my car )

Isaac - Seems like your dealing with guys who dont want to help you -

heres a parts listing for everything needed to swap your front bumper to Group A :

Reinforcement #1 52021-20210
Reinforcement #2 52029-20020
Fascia 52119-20929
Grille LH 53104-20030
Grille RH 5 53103-20030
Grille Lower 53102-20030
Grille Center 53101-20450

Thats the correct part numers as far as i know - More part numbers for group A bonnet are in this thread that i made

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=27921&rid=133&S=eb0aba418a311967d723cfee 361f21b9&pl_view=&start=0#msg_242868

Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Mon, 08 March 2004 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique, nah I will stick with the guys at neal bates, I think they know more than anyone in Aus on the grpA's, and they always come thru with the goods...they would want to after racing them for many years!!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Mon, 08 March 2004 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's not that they can't do it, it's because they are too lazy to do it. I've rung up the same dealership twice before, one time he said I needed that stuff and others did it without.

Now I own a copy of the EPC I can categorically say they are talking out their arse when they say they can't find something without it.

/end rant
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Mon, 08 March 2004 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Toyota parts list does not list it as a Group A but as a ST185 Type A. Please be patient with your Toyota Parts Dealer as they are easily confused Rolling Eyes

Also once given your vin number they have a record of the first new owner of the car. The same name imbosted on the Carlos Sainz plate. Very interesting I thought. I wonder if this is still the case with the strict privacy acts now in place.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Tue, 09 March 2004 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha thats good, when I was doing my ST165 engine swap most the guys at toyota had no clue what an ST165 was, it was hard trying to get parts. Also since then I have tried getting parts and stuff from places like Repco, Autopro, funny thing is they don't even know that the GT4s exist as far as they know there are only FWD NA celicas, I was talking to one guy at repco about it, When I said a celica GT4 he looked up the catologes (and showed me) no mention of a GT4 at all. The guy himslef didn't even know they're were a 4WD Turbo version of the celica Laughing
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Tue, 09 March 2004 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wiso wrote on Tue, 09 March 2004 20:05

haha thats good, when I was doing my ST165 engine swap most the guys at toyota had no clue what an ST165 was, it was hard trying to get parts. Also since then I have tried getting parts and stuff from places like Repco, Autopro, funny thing is they don't even know that the GT4s exist as far as they know there are only FWD NA celicas, I was talking to one guy at repco about it, When I said a celica GT4 he looked up the catologes (and showed me) no mention of a GT4 at all. The guy himslef didn't even know they're were a 4WD Turbo version of the celica Laughing

according to all banks my car doesent exist
soarers SUPPOSEDLY didnt go on the market AT ALL until 1986.. when i told her she was wrong she argued with me about it.
I own an 84 and 85 model.....
australian people who work at places like that are ignorant fools
jsut cause there little computer doesent list it means it doesent exist
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Tue, 09 March 2004 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought it didnt exist until 1991? Razz

ive rang some break places to get pads for a JZX81 chaser.. one place thought that model code was for a landcruiser Laughing

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 11:31]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: Wanted: Group A Celica VIN so I can order a group A bumper Wed, 10 March 2004 09:27 Go to previous message
last time i was at newcastle toyota they wanted a vin to hunt parts for the aw11.. and its not even a special run or anything.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:5SFE -> 3SGE
Next Topic:Toyota Celsior
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 21:41:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005903959274292 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.