Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » GA70 Supra Misfiring?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
GA70 Supra Misfiring? Wed, 10 March 2004 08:47 Go to next message
Hi all,

Need some advice on this. My spark plugs seems to be misfiring. They are new and were last changed last November when I did a major servicing. They were supposed to be the cheap ones I was told.

I was told to check my vacuum hoses for any cracks but could not seem to find any though. Probably check it later again.

I have just cleaned my engine last week and found that there were no leaks and or anything like that as well. Well, its been like this since last novemeber and I'm really getting frustrated with finding out what's wrong. Nope

I am driving a GA70 Supra and would appreciate if anyone could help me. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GA70 Supra Misfiring? Wed, 10 March 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do a search, there was some in depth posts on this about the 1ggte engine just recently....

I am also having the same problem with my 1ggte aswell, get's to 5000rpm fine, but then miss fires just after that once or twice.
I have worked mine out to be either when the lights are on, or when the thermo fan is on, so mine is some kinda electrical thing, haven't looked into it much more yet...

Brendon
rebbot
Regular

October 2003
Re: GA70 Supra Misfiring? Wed, 10 March 2004 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey dude,

Thanks anyway. Smiley = However did a search but nothing came up Nope This really suxz ya~
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GA70 Supra Misfiring? Thu, 11 March 2004 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm have been hearing a lot about this happening on stock computerts. rebbot - you say you changed your plugs, did you make sure that you gapped them to the correct spcified opening.
Snyper - have you considered that your problem could be a voltage one, cars and computers really dont run right when they dont get enough voltage.
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GA70 Supra Misfiring? Thu, 11 March 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has 14v at idle, and I am yet to either try it under load with the lights on, or spend shit loads putting it on a dyno for 5 minutes and do the same thing....
I don't use the car everyday so it's one of the least of my worries at the moment, and I guess I am a bit lazy and just waiting to see what other people come up with, I'd also like to put some normal plugs back in and see what happens there, I have platinums in at the moment...

Brendon
Fattony
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GA70 Supra Misfiring? Fri, 12 March 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah might actually be the plugs, i got a solution when you want to hammer it turn the lights off and make sure the thermo is off
lol
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GA70 Supra Misfiring? Fri, 12 March 2004 07:19 Go to previous message
that is my solution at the moment, only trouble is when I go to the legal street drags, the car sits there, get's hot and then the thermo come on when I'm about to go down the strip, thinking of putting a switch inline with it to turn it off and then turn it back on after the run.

Brendon
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[urgent] - where to earth the negative battery strap?
Next Topic:4age timing set
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 09:29:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034821033477783 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.