Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Fri, 05 March 2004 05:14 Go to next message
Wheel well is completely gone, need to cut the whole damn thing out and put a new one in, problem is trying to find one, I've called about 20 wreckers today and only one had one, and they wanted $150.

just wondering if anyone knows of an alternative i could cut out of a different car that may not be rusted to buggery and would still fit??

if i can't find any alternatives i'll probably just cut the bottom out of it and put a space saver in there or weld a flat plate in and just put the spare in the cargo space.

any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Phil
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Fri, 05 March 2004 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get a new one constructed out of alloy... no more rusting! Very Happy
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Fri, 05 March 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$150?? Laughing Laughing I wouldnt pay that for a whole car Rolling Eyes
but thats just me Confused
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Fri, 05 March 2004 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
some of the corona sedans are useful donors - i know my RA40 and my old RA23 used corona (circa XT130) wheel bins to replace the rusted-out crud that was there.

both required a little persuation at the front edge to stretch out and join up
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Fri, 05 March 2004 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got an SA63 (sedan..... awwww!) that you're welcome to come over and cut the wheel well out of... bit of a long drive though!
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Fri, 05 March 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Fri, 05 March 2004 16:43

Get a new one constructed out of alloy... no more rusting! Very Happy

We should get a group buy and do an all alloy tailgate as rust will be gone forever!

As for the wheel well, how about using chicken wire and bog and sculpture the well Razz

Good luck.

Cheers.

[Updated on: Fri, 05 March 2004 23:10]

Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Sun, 07 March 2004 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thats definetly an option.

Dads pretty handy with the air chisel and welder and we have a few old bonnets and doors lying around not doing anything.

constructing one is probably how it will end up.

its basically the bottom of the wheel well thats rusted out, so it might be easier just to cut the arse out of it, weld in a new bottom and get a space saver spare to fit in the shallower hole.

Thanks for you help though,

PS yes driving al the way to Victoria would be a bit of a drive Surprised)

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Mon, 08 March 2004 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Behemoth wrote on Mon, 08 March 2004 05:05

bottom and get a space saver spare to fit in the shallower hole.

Silvia one is a nice fit Razz
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Mon, 08 March 2004 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just talk to anyone that works on Gemini's Evil or Very Mad
1ggRA65
Newcomer

March 2004
icon14.gif  Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Wed, 10 March 2004 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have an spare RA65 with a 1ggte conversion - you are welcome to cut out the spare wheel well for some beer money.
i live in Glenbrook.
Call me on 0421 054 247 if interested.
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Thu, 11 March 2004 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not to hijack. But would you need to get it engineered? Because I wanted to cut the well out of my TA22 (rust was an OEM standard) and welding a plate into the hole. Then drilling holes and putting studs into the plate, so I can hold the wheel up from underneath ! Anyone see a problem with that?

The main reason I wish to bolt up from underneath is so I can build a false boot without having to have access to a spare tyre.
Behemoth
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: Need and alternative to a RA6x celica spare wheel well. Sat, 13 March 2004 06:25 Go to previous message
Thanks 1ggRA65 thats awesome.

How does a case of crownies sound??

I'll get in touch with you this week, organise a time to come around with the oxy.

Regards Phil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W-58 pictures
Next Topic:Tunning an engine
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:09:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046858787536621 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.