Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
help for a computer know-nothing Tue, 09 March 2004 07:00 Go to next message
i doubt anyone can help me just by reading my post but ill try anyway.
i got a sony digital handicam and have installed the software have uploaded the video to the computer no problem there, but when i go to burn it on the cd it reckons theres no cd writer in my computer. wtf is with that? the cd burner was replaced a few months back to a samsung 40x12x40 after the old one was broken and since then i havent been able to use adaptec or roxio or whatever it is so i have to use nero which isnt a problem.
so how can i make the sony image mixer program recognise the cd burner? i really wanna burn some of my tapes Smile ANY help would be greatly appreciated Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
ta23
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Tue, 09 March 2004 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most burners are very specific with the type of software that has to be used, so perhaps it is the software (sony image mixer) that is the problem. Wrong software with burner is a common we get at the computer shop I work at.

Hope this helps...
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Tue, 09 March 2004 07:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nero, nero is the best and dose all, try unistalling the cd burner software and drivers then rest pc, and install everything again! that should fix it, and get nero!!!
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Tue, 09 March 2004 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i usually find playing around with the different properties in the program can help.

if that dosent work, reinstalling stuff is a good option, but if its going to work at all ever, then have a fiddle with the properties to do with the cd burner in the video camera program.
alex_ta22
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Tue, 09 March 2004 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some software you get with burners is locked to that specific model or it could be just that your software does not support that specific burner,in that case an upgrade may be in order.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Tue, 09 March 2004 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I'm having a guess based on the following assumptions:

1. You're trying to burn from the sony video mastering program itself.
2. You used to have another burner installed then put a different one in the whole time you've had the sony program installed.

Ok, based on those assumptions I gleaned from your description, it sounds like you have to "tell" the sony program that you have a new burner.

I think there should be some sort of "properties" page within the sony program that lets you set all sorts of settings for it. Have a look under something along the lines of "properties", "settings", or "configuration", and see if there is an option for the cd burner. If there is, see if there is a cd burner selector. EG: A list of what cdrom drives/burners are in your system and select the new one from the list.

That's what I'd do based on the description.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 March 2004 09:31]

NickAE86
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: help for a computer know-nothing Tue, 09 March 2004 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a similar problem when i put a sony burner in. Nero didn't like it much...ever since it hasnt recognised the burner when i've got to copy something...to get around it i just click on the CD-Recorder menu and scroll down to CD Info...i find i can burn after i do this...dunno why but it works for me.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: help for a computer know-nothing Wed, 10 March 2004 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had the same sort of problem with samsung's software, just rip the files to AVI format of your choice then burn them to cd, m ost dvd players will play that.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Wed, 10 March 2004 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow thanks for all the replies fella's Surprised
ok ill clear a few things up to give you guys a better idea:

- the cd burner has been in for half a year or so, it was installed by domain after i stuffed the third one and they put a new one in under warranty so i dont have any software for it.

- the sony handicam software has been in for a few days so is more recent than the cd burners software.

- in the 'image mixer ver 1.50 for sony' program there seems to be nowhere to change properties, only a drop down box to select the device to burn with which is empty.

- i have to use the sony software cause thats what is needed to convert the tapes to mpeg, then it allows you to create a vcd with menu, backgrounds etc.

im hoping there is just someway to make the sony software recognise the burner, cause i assume the sony software would be the only way to get the tapes onto the computer.
ill try some of the suggestions you guys have given me, but please keep them coming im getting frustrated Confused Confused
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Wed, 10 March 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You *may* need to install the ASPI drivers:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/driverdet ail.html?sess=no&language=English+US&filek ey=aspi_471a2.exe
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Wed, 10 March 2004 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now what do i do with that file?
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Wed, 10 March 2004 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Wed, 10 March 2004 21:26

now what do i do with that file?

What windows version do you run?
Asher
Regular

July 2003
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Wed, 10 March 2004 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simple, get new burning software.

Either the latest copy of Roxio Easy Cd Creator or Nero 6+.

If you get Roxio, you may have to jump on there website and download the latest update.

This stuff used to be my job, now i'm a programmer. I hate computers. Rolling Eyes
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Thu, 11 March 2004 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Asher wrote on Thu, 11 March 2004 09:22

Simple, get new burning software.

Either the latest copy of Roxio Easy Cd Creator or Nero 6+.

If you get Roxio, you may have to jump on there website and download the latest update.

This stuff used to be my job, now i'm a programmer. I hate computers. Rolling Eyes

Those packages are not the issue. The issue is with the sony program.

But it did help to know that he couldn't use EZCDC, so that lead me to suggest that the ASPI drivers required installing. Wink
Asher
Regular

July 2003
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Thu, 11 March 2004 00:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

...and since then i havent been able to use adaptec or roxio or whatever it is...

my bad, well for roxio just get an update.

I'm guessing you've got a,
http://www.sony.com.au/dis/catalog/product.jsp?cat egoryId=22122
Digital8 HandyCam - DCRTRV265 ??

humm 1.5 seems to be the latest version of image mixer.

Sony aus says to go here for drivers and etc,
http://www.css.ap.sony.com/support/index_faq.asp?P roductGroup=Handycam
... fantastic, no support for the DCRTRV265.

good luck to ya, I better get back to work.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Thu, 11 March 2004 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im using windows 98, i hope this helps.

Asher, i got the 255 which is the same thing just the model before. it was the cheapest digicam i could find and it still has most of the functions, but i only use it for general purposes anyway.

i hope its those ASPI drivers you speak of, that sounds like a better option than gettign a new burner that compatible, or a new camera Rolling Eyes
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Thu, 11 March 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, I'm going to make the assumption you know how to navigate in dos, and you only have one drive and it's c:.

Ok, what you want to do is double click the ASPI EXE file and click unzip to extract it to the \adaptec\aspi\ directory on your c: drive.

While under windows, open the command prompt and navigate to c:\adaptec\aspi

Next type in the following:

install x86

Then press enter.

It should then go through the process, and you may have to reboot. If it doesn't say to reboot, do it anyway. Wink

When you are loaded again, try the program again. I hope it works for you because I'm sort of out of options at the moment without trying to get the sony program myself and having a look.
ILUSZN
Regular

April 2003

Re: help for a computer know-nothing Thu, 11 March 2004 22:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may need to update drivers for the burning software.

XP had an issue with some burners in XP and required you get updates from there sites.

98 may require updates on the software.

[Updated on: Thu, 11 March 2004 22:39]

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Fri, 12 March 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if got the file, but it is only 14k. does this sound right? so when i open it, it says its "not a valid win32 application"

i cant open it, nothing extracts etc. i think if i can open it i can do the rest. i should be able to handle dos. thanks for the help by the way Smile

ILUSZN, update the drivers? i assume if i need to do this i would have to get them from a sony website? ill have a search and see if i can find anything.
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Fri, 12 March 2004 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is also a known problem with the Creative software in that that regestry file are screwed up or somthing.
If you get an error number look it up on microsofts website.
I had the same error when I uninstalled then reinstalled Creative on my laptop. I had to change some registery files and it works.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Fri, 12 March 2004 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Fri, 12 March 2004 16:06

if got the file, but it is only 14k. does this sound right? so when i open it, it says its "not a valid win32 application"

i cant open it, nothing extracts etc. i think if i can open it i can do the rest. i should be able to handle dos. thanks for the help by the way Smile

ILUSZN, update the drivers? i assume if i need to do this i would have to get them from a sony website? ill have a search and see if i can find anything.

It should be a file called aspi_471a2.exe that is 510KB in size.

Oh yea, while on the subject of windows updating, go over here:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order .asp

And get your free windows update CD.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Fri, 12 March 2004 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
While your over there order yourself a copy of XP Rolling Eyes
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Sat, 13 March 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i keep re-downloading it and the same thing happens, its only 14k's. so i went to the site and did a search for it and it doesnt exist. is there somewhere else i can find it?
people100
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: help for a computer know-nothing Sat, 13 March 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Easy fix is go to computer shop. Most likely problem is if its on a tape they are analogue and the computer wont recognize analogue and thats why u can burn it. It needs to be encoded with a special program and machine to your computer and then transfer to mpeg and then burnt. Computer shop up the road from me used to do this and his set up cost $1000 just to get started. Make some calls to the computer shop first.
Apollo
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Sat, 13 March 2004 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try this direct link:

http://download.adaptec.com/software_pc/aspi/aspi_ 471a2.exe
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: help for a computer know-nothing Mon, 15 March 2004 05:40 Go to previous message
i just downloaded, installed and rebooted and it still does the same thing: CDR drive does not exist Crying or Very Sad im so frustrated i hate stupid computers! thanks for your help through all of this.
wouldnt the files i installed only help to make adaptec work as its an adaptec file and goes in the adaptec folder etc... would that still make the other program realise the cdr drive? i may have to ring sony or take my computer to a shop which i really dont wanna do cause im a tight arse Rolling Eyes
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Swatch Watches - Help
Next Topic:My court appearance!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 01:23:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055608749389648 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.