Toymods » Members Rides » Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
icon10.gif  Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05 Wed, 10 March 2004 10:29 Go to next message
Hi guys,

This is my baby Very Happy

Model : SW20
Colour : Greeny/Blue
Trans : 5 spd with B & M Short Shifter Kit
Engine : 3S-GE
Exhaust : 2 x 1.5" (non-deafening now)
Rolling Stock : 16" DTM's

Music Stuff : JVC MP3 Head Unit
Speakers : Alpine(front) 6" & Bonston Acoustics(rear) 6"

Shes a sweet car to drive, goes hard, and handles well. I'll post more pics and info later, just getting it on the net Very Happy

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/MR2/front_web.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/MR2/back_web.jpg

[Updated on: Sun, 27 February 2005 10:28]

Send a private message to this user    
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Wed, 10 March 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that is SWEEET I sat in one the other day and man, it just sucks you right in.

lovely lovely car mate congrats
Tommo
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Wed, 10 March 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, very nice MR2!! It looks like its a targa top aswell right?
have fun driving it Cool
Tom
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Wed, 10 March 2004 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes targa goodness also Very Happy
John K
Regular

August 2003

Re: Alchemists SW20! Wed, 10 March 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it, very nice.

Are you planning any major mods like 3sgte or you gonna keep it standered.

Good luck! Cool
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Alchemists SW20! Wed, 10 March 2004 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very nive your right about the bloody exhuast that is to rice these are not suited to this car on the weekend i will put up picks of our 1996 mr2 bathurst version you should like it its pretty cool well sweet ride enjoy they such a sweet car to drive
cheers matt
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Thu, 11 March 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I had any spare money after buying it and fixing it, I'd get the exhaust changed this second. But, have no money now Neutral Oh well It'll have to wait.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Alchemists SW20! Thu, 11 March 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice ride Cool
-SIKMR2-
Newcomer

March 2004

Re: Alchemists SW20! Thu, 11 March 2004 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not bad mate.. heres mine..

http://www.platinumcarclub.com/assets/images/mr22.jpg
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Thu, 11 March 2004 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awesome ride man, bit of a step up from the celica
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Alchemists SW20! Mon, 15 March 2004 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude here is our mr2 have look tell us what ya think see ya man
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=31205&rid=3675&S=47c6682f352326a69f45820 50b505ced&pl_view=&start=0#msg_273497msg_2 73497
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Mon, 15 March 2004 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed the BD4's sticker on the back on my windscreen before I bought it, but couldn't find much on the car that seemed non standard. Anyway, checking out the engine bay and looking at whats what, what what goes where, looks like I've got a fancy HKS air filter Smile at least it saves me the trouble of fitting a pod or similar, I wonder what other tricks this car has hidden? It seemed to have alot more grunt than the other 2 MR2's I test drove, even the imported JDM '92 one. I might ring up BD4's and see if they keep records of their receipts so I can find out what I've actually got under the bonet.

SIKMR2, nice body kit...like the red Also.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 March 2004 12:15]

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Sun, 21 March 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well plans for this week :-

Wednesday : New brake pads, oil filter change, fix diff leak.
Thursday : New exhaust system, something that looks closer to stock but still flows quite well.

Last saturday was spent getting some nice new Bridgestone Potenza GIII's on the front and the new Falkens moved to the back.

I'll post pics of the new exhaust when I get it, its going to incorpate bits from truck exhausts and other kool bits and peices Smile ....should be half the noise(yay!), similar flow and alot less rice/cop bait looking.

Would love new rims, but it isn't going to happen for a long long time unless I win some money somewhere
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Alchemists SW20! Mon, 22 March 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are your tyres fatter on the back then on the front cause on ours they are ???
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Alchemists SW20! Mon, 22 March 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
normally by standard they come that way!
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Alchemists SW20! Mon, 22 March 2004 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i no so i am guess they didnt keep the original configiration for the tyres????
SCO-77K
Regular

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Tue, 23 March 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice car man! how much did it cost you? im considering buying one.
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20! Fri, 26 March 2004 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i saw your car today parked at westfield car park with P plates on looks nice.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Sun, 07 November 2004 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys,

Well I've done some of this a while ago, but it's taken me a while to get the pics online.

I've changed the Dual 3.5" zorts which were causing me headaches dirving in peak hour, although I will admit that I miss the noise of dual 3.5" cannons, but I sit in this car every day in traffic so they had to go Confused

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/MR2/mr2_new_zorst.jpg

I've also put in a B & M shifter kit, makes a huge difference, I can chirp the tyres in 2nd now and it just makes for a neater more acurate shift. I also changed my ripped gear boot over and made use of the nice billet aluminium B & M shifter knob that comes with the kit.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/MR2/mr2_interior_1.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/MR2/mr2_interior_2.jpg

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/MR2/mr2_interior_3.jpg
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Sun, 07 November 2004 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
holy crap thats short!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Mon, 08 November 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You know it's actually good, and I would never go back to standard shift, I can just change gears with the flick of the wrist now. I think the knob makes it a lot easier, it's big and easy to grip.
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Mon, 08 November 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha! The dingo ate my shifter!

Dude where did it go!!!!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Mon, 08 November 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Dingo's here Cool

Honestly that's the stock length of the short shift kit!

It does come with an extention, but I didn't really like it with that so I've given it the flick for the moment, I can always screw it on, thats the beauty of a quality kit. It's all threaded to whatever Toyotas standard is and the knobs, shifter and extention are all really easy to play around with.

I've also kept the original shifter, it's not a huge job to change it, only an hour or so now I know what I'm doing.
MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Tue, 09 November 2004 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where did you get thr short shift kit from and how much ?
im interested in getting 1

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Thu, 11 November 2004 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cost me $250AUD or so plus shipping from the US, although there is an Australian distributer for them, I was ordering some other stuff at the same time so it wound up cheaper to get the kit in from the US. Below is a great website for MR2 bits and pieces, pretty fast shipping too, only took 4 days to get it here.

When you work it all out it's nearly the same cost as a TRD shifter, but B & M have a good name and long history in shifting kits so I went with them. Anyway it's a personal thing Smile

http://www.twosrus.com/
ae86_boy
Regular

August 2004
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Fri, 12 November 2004 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks pretty sweet Smile
MR2_GUY
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Sat, 13 November 2004 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any1 got any contact for these shifters in australia?

if so can u plz pm me
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Sat, 13 November 2004 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR2GUY

There guys are the Australian distributer, just bear in mind that the new version of this kit does not include the shift knob. But it's threaded to take a standard or TRD shift knob.

Rocket Industries
40 Huntingwood Drive
Huntingwood, New South Wales, 2148 Australia Phone: 02-967-89977
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Sun, 27 February 2005 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no fitted a rather nice Cusco rear strut brace. Picked this up 2nd hand for $80 which beats the $500 or so the TRD one costs, although the TRD one is 4 point. I've managed to use the existing brace to so now I have extra diagonal and lateral support. Took the car for a drive up the Old Pac, noticeable difference! It's heaps stiffer, much stabler through corners, and when you enter a large driveway the body doesn't flex as must, can't hear the targa squeak anymore. Was worth the money and only took 15 minutes to install.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~warrenh/MR2/strutbrace.jpg
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics Sun, 27 February 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also has GPS sat nav goodness Very Happy

http:\\members.iinet.net.au\~warrenh\MR2\gps.jpg
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05 Sun, 27 February 2005 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

Where can I get one for $80?! Awesome Smile

Would the difference be as noticable for me? x engine brace instead of your / style one and hard top instead of targa?

I like it Smile

Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05 Mon, 28 February 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've already got the X style bracing then there is no point getting one of those _ . It's just that the Aus delivered N/A SW20's only had / not X so now at least I've got /_ . If youve got a hard top you arn't likely to experience the body flex I was getting anyway.

eBay is your friend for finding one for $80 Smile
whiteMR2GT
Newcomer

March 2005
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05 Fri, 25 March 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh! I've never heard anyone talk about these braces like /, \, X and _ etc... Easy way to know what your on about, but damn it looks funny! Laughing
My 1990 SW20 GT arrives in April, gets loaded on a ship on Monday. Just itching for it to arrive.
Matt20v
Regular

September 2003

Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05 Mon, 30 May 2005 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I want it how much Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05 Mon, 30 May 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty sure it already sold a while back Rolling Eyes
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Alchemists SW20 - New Pics 27/2/05 Mon, 30 May 2005 13:20 Go to previous message
Yup long gone for me. Someone out there is still having fun with her though.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My 89 seca
Next Topic:My new website
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:19:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063300132751465 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.