Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Has anyone been complaining???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Has anyone been complaining??? Thu, 11 March 2004 22:03 Go to next message
I dont know about anyone else but having a local victoria thread is more than just a meet/cruise setup location. Quite often i much prefer being able to offer some help, ask a question, or sell a part/car to my local people first rather than posting in the tech section or parts for sale. Same with the redlight cam thread, who other than victorians are going to know about such things, so why fill the general car talk thread if theres no need? I mean do the mods really get that many complaints from people saying that the victorian thread is full of other stuff than cruise/meet stuff?

[Updated on: Fri, 12 March 2004 00:44]

Send a private message to this user  
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Thu, 11 March 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont know, and I doubt it.

It makes it difficult for all of the states that are not NSW I think, because a Car Club sort of requires get togethers, and getting to know people.

Then, of course, when your asking for help, you'd want to consider going to people that may just be able to drop around to help you out maybe???

Sure, if its a big problem, go ask the masses, but when the club is based in NSW, they can not expect the Victorians or other states to really contribute fiscally or physically when they dont see the difference.

It would be like Victorian's voting in the NSW state election!

I would like to think that we could at least have local chats, and if that drives us off the Toymods Forums, to the TRD-Spec ones, or something more local, that would be a real shame!

Of course, without trying to stir, I wonder why these NSW admins feel the need to suggest that we keep the Victorian forums to meets only, unless they were being shamed by the amount of activity in the local areas, and lack of activity in the major thread areas!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Thu, 11 March 2004 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This thread will probably be locked moved soon.

Anyway, I agree with everything said here.

See this as a formal complaint Mr. Admin.
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What 'is' the appropriate thread for 'Disc Machining - Eastern Suburbs'?

Parts Wanted - No?
General Discusion - ?

It's a local question asking Victorians for advice, for shops/friends that they know who can provide the service for a cheaper price than what was stated.

I don't see the point in asking that sort of question to everyone in other states, because prices vary from state to state! The only reason I posted was because someone on twincam.org said that $22 was a rip-off...

Cheers,
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Case and point. Come on mods, this is ridiculous.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Think of it differently, from the opposite side of the argument.
It's a single car club - with one tech forum, one general car talk forum, etc. Everybody reads these, and if you post "disc machining in east melbourne", then people who know anything about east melbourne disc machiners will help you, as well as people who generally know how much this sort of work should cost.

The interstate sections were added in purely to help interstate members of the club meet each other and organise cruises. Everything else can quite easily be posted in the correct section.
If you want to sell something in melbourne, post "FS in melb - ", it's really not that hard.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as Lectric stated i believe there will be a heap of members moving across to the trd-spec club (which is technicly just the vic section of toymods).

It may come across this way but im not trying to stir up trouble by posting what I do, its what I feel and as this current point in time i feel that the moderation is being to heavy handed. Sure there was some crap posts like the toymods stuff but damn no need to go over the top??
Lectric
Regular

February 2004

Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven: Fair comment, extremely fair.

And to a point, yes, asking for technical assistance can be put in the general sections.

But to allow us to meet, a fair amount of local discussion should also occur otherwise every single post in the general section will have a state or city mentioned in the post title, and we will have a similar segregation.

I don't want to just whinge for the sake of having a Victorian section.

And I don't wish to create dissemination.

I just want the moderators to understand that there are some topics that are fair enough to be posted in the State sections without them necessarily being a meet.

[Updated on: Fri, 12 March 2004 03:55]

net nazi
Regular

Forum Moderator

February 2004
Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 03:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

we are always open to level-headed discussion on forum policy so this thread is welcome

just be aware that wanting to have rules changed is one thing, simply ignoring them because you don't like them is unacceptable

the rules for the interstate forums have been in existence for some time and state that those sections are for local events and gatherings only

the reasoning behind that rule was that we found the sections were becoming 'mini-forums' with their own for-sale, general and outhouse sections.

we wanted to promote a wider community and steer away from segregating interstate members as well as become more efficient in moderating and sharing resources of information

the continued state as well as existence of the interstate forums is under debate at the moment by the board and will be put to vote at the next board meeting (in a few weeks)

i would suggest that you email the board with a reasoned argument and proposition as to what you would like to see happen

that way the board can take your views into account when voting.

the board does not all read these forums or every post in them that is why it is always best to email.

it would be important to state such a proposition in terms of not what would be just good for you but what would be best for the Toymods Car Club and its forums.

thanks

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how does one vote on something they know nothing about though?
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope they realise though, that at a guess if the vic section gets canned then alot of memebers will leave, meaning even less money/support!
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Has anyone been complaining??? Fri, 12 March 2004 05:09 Go to previous message
Clown,

If anyone was to leave these forums because they don't like the manner in which we enforce them then that is something we take very seriously. However we take it alot more seriously if someone was to leave because we didn't ! The Toymods Moderators have for some time now kept an incredibly low profile. We don't want to moderate the forums, we like to think our members are responcible enough to regulate themselves and for the most part they do. Its a real shame we had to enlist another moderator (The net Nazi) to clean this place up Sad

That being said these forums are aimed towords the benefit of the Toymods Car club members not general forum users. If improving these forums for the members upsets non supporting forum users then that would be unfortunate but just the way it is.

First and foremost Toymods is a car club, our members are important to us and their best intrests are the ones we look after. As a social Club we look to foster a community atmosphere in everything we do. The more segregated the sections the less this happens. Perhaps if you look at being a Toymodder rather than a victorian this wouldn't offend you so much. I personally like to think that Toymods is a National community its a shame to think a line on a map stops people interacting.

Thats my person 2c anyway. Not necesarily the opion of the Board !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:how many post primary school fights have you been in?
Next Topic:BMW easter eggs?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:58:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044271945953369 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.