Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » reconditioning a W50 box? Prices???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Thu, 22 August 2002 12:30 Go to next message
How much would it cost to do a recondition on one of these box's(out of an RA28 ) My bearings are gone, so i'll need that replaced obviously. Just a rough estimate please. I've been told >$500. would that be about right? Anyone had it done??- What actually gets replaced in the reco.?

Thanks
Ben

[Updated on: Thu, 22 August 2002 12:34]

Send a private message to this user    
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Fri, 23 August 2002 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone have any idea on costs???
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Sat, 24 August 2002 02:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absolute cheapest price i got to rebuild a w58 was $605...some guys wanted close to a grnad.

cheers
ed
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Sat, 24 August 2002 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a complete bearing kit to suit a w50 steel case box if you are interested?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Sat, 24 August 2002 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do u want for it??

Thanks
Ben
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Sat, 24 August 2002 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They sell for more than $300. How about $200 including postage?
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Sat, 24 August 2002 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah that sounds reasonable, but i'll have to pull the box out first and find out for sure that i need new bearings. I was only told that they sound like they're gone, not positive though. I Will know in about 2 weeks whether i need it or not, so i'll give u a yell if i do,
thanks
Ben
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Mon, 26 August 2002 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just order a synchro kit from auto 1 etc
then pull all the bearings out and go to a good bearing shop
they should have most if not all of what you need
cheap way to do it
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Mon, 26 August 2002 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do u reckon a synchro kit would cost? At work at the moment so i can't ring any of the auto places.
Would it be better to reco. this box, get another W50 thats in good nick and see how it holds up, or get a W57 box and modify my custom centre consol and mount points to make it fit? I'm just after a box that'll withstand 300HP @wheels and do so reliably. Also cost is a problem too, i dont want to pay more than $500 for the box and any mods that need to be done to it/my car to make it fit. I'm getting a $560 clutch and flywheel so that'll put the amount of money i'm putting into the box alone to be almost or over a grand. Any recommendations?

Thanks
Ben
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: reconditioning a W50 box? Prices??? Tue, 03 September 2002 02:47 Go to previous message
Any idea on prices?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Whiteline Ae86 Strut Brace
Next Topic:1J PULLEY oh pulley
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 09:04:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059988498687744 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.