Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Taxi drivers Fri, 12 March 2004 23:43 Go to next message
Hey guys I'll just like to tell you my opinion on taxi drivers. Well i think they gotta be the worst drivers in the world. Last night I dropped my girlfriend home at Burwood and coming back to the city 3 taxi's nearly crashed into me. All of them were taking of from picking up a passenger or droping them off and just turning into the lane which i was flying down. And if I did hit them gees my car would be definately a ride off. Thats just my opinion on taxi drivers. Also why don't they get booked more often while us drivers get booked for hangin out and playing music in the car. Wheres the logic in that. Maybe some of you guys could share a few stories as I would like to see if you guys feel the same

Eddy
  Send a private message to this user    
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Taxi drivers Sat, 13 March 2004 01:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had an HUGE argument with a taxi driver (whilst driving in peak hour Sydney traffic) because the f*cker couldn't drive properly, I was swearing my head off at him, he was swearing back... BTW he cut me off WITHOUT using his blinker, and it was real close that we nearly hit as well... bastards... and when you do take a taxi (say back from a club or whatever) they take the LONGEST route instead of taking the shortest... should've done the runner Razz
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Taxi drivers Sat, 13 March 2004 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i went to sydney recently the taxi drivers were shocking, just had no idea where anything was. if was my first time to sydney and I had to show HIM where to go. not to mention the huge stab-guard that made it EVEN HARDER to talk to this guy that couldn't follow a sentence.
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Taxi drivers Sat, 13 March 2004 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i don't get any Yellow cabs in Brisbane a they're mostly temp-drivers who drive like fucken lunatics.

last yellow i ever got into did >100k down coronation drive and about 130k along honour ave at gracveville (both are 60k roads), never used his indicators and was chewing his gum and talking so fast that he had to be wired.

i figured that in a $25 fare he broke enuf road rules to attract a maditory jail sentence...
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Taxi drivers Thu, 18 March 2004 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarin wrote on Sat, 13 March 2004 12:05

and when you do take a taxi (say back from a club or whatever) they take the LONGEST route instead of taking the shortest... should've done the runner Razz

Well speaking from a drivers point of view i never take the longest way as most pepole are arseholes and i don't want them in the cab any longer than they need to be.Play up or start giving me the shits and they can walk home for all i care. Razz

Still there are good and bad cab drivers just like any other road user.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: Taxi drivers Thu, 18 March 2004 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats why i allways give taxi drivers left here right there straight ahead, left here directions. no matter how pissed i am ive allways been able to direct them still.

that avoids going the long way and getting charged more.

more on taxi drivers, one of my friends was in one that broke down, he helped the driver push the taxi up a hill to a petrol station, and after that the driver charged him FULL fare that was on the meter. another time taxi driver CRASHED and it was his fault with two of my female friends in the car and he didnt give them any discount. and another time yet again, we asked for a cab from one side of town to the other, and the taxi driver goes its not far enough, and refused to take us. (plus lots more stories)

but at the same time there as as many good ones, i reckon its about a 50/50 ratio
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Taxi drivers Thu, 18 March 2004 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you guys over east still allowed to sit in the front?
Or have you gone all American and be forced to sit in the rear only?

You guys should come over here.
Every taxi I've been in, the driver has taken the shortest route, usually driven good (about the same as I would in the same situation that is), been happy to chat, and an all round nice guy
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Taxi drivers Thu, 18 March 2004 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Time for a good cabbie story...

A few years ago I put my car into someones yard at 2am Rolling Eyes No I wasn't drink driving, just stupid... Anyway the damn car refused to budge and the people living there were getting a little pissed off at my attempts to move it...

So I took a long walk back to the highway (about 2 hours) where I finally found a taxi. I asked him to take me back to my car & he helped tow me out no questions asked...

Got a lift home & gave him a good tip Very Happy
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: Taxi drivers Thu, 18 March 2004 15:26 Go to previous message
Hey,
In all the taxis I have been through they all been good and went the shortest way but i am not sure if I didn't actually tell them where to go. One time before one taxi driver let me use his mobile as I was stuck in the middle of no where.
About sitting in the front yeah in Sydney you can sit in the front. But sometimes here some taxis have this plastic shield which protects them and also wired with cameras.
Eddy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:who just watched "my restaurant rules"
Next Topic:Apprenticeships?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:16:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055890083312988 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.