Toymods » General Car Talk » Just Got a good deal on a Tarago

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
icon14.gif  Just Got a good deal on a Tarago Sat, 13 March 2004 04:35 Go to next message
As some of you know Mum has been looking at cars to get for conversion to a handicapped vehicle.

Mum has been at the local dealership and was ready to put a deposit on a new Tarago, she called me to let me know what she was doing but before I let her sign on the line I said to her lets go to another dealer ship and see if we can't better the price? (seeing that the car is going to have $30,000 worth of modification done to it.) Mums response was "No the guy said this was the best price he could get and he wants a deposit before the car gets sold" That sounded a little sus to me as she already told me that the dealership had to order the car in. Rolling Eyes

This was Mum's price on the Tarago:-
2003 Toyota Tarago GLX 2.4L VVt-i (Champainge in colour)
Extras:-
Window tint
Rear Bullbar (dealer "threw" it in)
Dash Mat

Price: $64,180 on road - $12,000 trade-in on her old 95 Tarago.
Change over price :- $52,180

This morning Mum and I went to a dealership in a different area and Knowing the price were looking to see if we could get a better deal. Mum told me to do all the talking as I knew what she wanted so I did, we looked over the car then did the "numbers" in at his desk and after pushing the mark a little this is the price we got :-

2004 Toyota Tarago GLX 2.4L VVt-i (Champainge in colour)
Extras:-
Window Tint
Dash mat
Floor Mats
Window weather shields
Sat Nav. Upgrade
Reverse Sensors

Price $61,125 on road - $14,750 trade-in on her old 95 Tarago.
Change over price :- $46,500

Have a Guess which one she just put a deposit on??

Also says alot about how Female car buyers are treated Rolling Eyes

I'm pretty happy with that price just thourght I let others know...
  Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Just Got a good deal on a Tarago Sat, 13 March 2004 04:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
typical hey? and it's not just the sales part of the auto industry.
few years ago my g/friends car was in the middle of an accient (f & r damage) she got three repairs prices from 2400-3200, i took car and got 1900-2400. i visited one of the places she went to and got 600 less - guy didn't even recognise the car.

back on topic - does the 2.4 have enuf grunt to haul around and power the extra hardware for the chair ramp? obviously the 95 model sufficed, but was it a struggle to get reasonable performance and economy?

and do the mods significantly affect the warranty?

anyway, well done. hope you bro' like the new car too,
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Just Got a good deal on a Tarago Sat, 13 March 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think sales people work on the feelings of people, like they give you the impression that this is the absolute best the manager and I can come up with (spoken in quite tones) and alot of females start to feel for the salesman and just go with it.

Men have no feelings!

As for the loads and such, the rear seats are removed and the floor modified. I'm told the car weights about 95kg more with the manual lift ramp and about 145kg with the hydraulic lifty set up. My brother in his chair weighs 140 kg so with the manual conversion the total weight in the back is about 240 kg (say) which is about the same as three people sitting in the back anyway so if Toyota have done their numbers there shouldn't be a problem. the old Tarago was the first of the 2.4L powered Taragos and it really dodin't have many issues when fully loaded and still got 600km on the family holiday trip. so with VVt-i added hopfully there will be an added economical bonus to the added weight. And the 2.4 could pull the 17ft boat with little complaint as well. the only concern will be the new Tarago is front wheel drive so towing the boat may be out.

For my brother it will be a revived way of life, at the moment Mum has to lift him in and out of the wheelchair then pull the chair apart and struggle to put it in the back, making a trip up to the shopping centre a real hassle and a trip to the city shops a nightmare (with parking issues and mums hate of going out of the shire) so being able to drive straight in to the back of the car and back out again and the guidance of Sat Nav (which on the Tarago is very very good, better than others i've seen) a trip anywhere will be much less stressful on all involved.

The structural mods on the car will void Toyota's warranty on the chassis but the people who are doing the conversion put there own 3 year warranty on the Chassis and any parts installed/modified by them (ie. wiring, restraints) So I'm happy with the completed package.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Just Got a good deal on a Tarago Mon, 15 March 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good, I hope it gives you, your Mum and your brother the freedom and flexability you want. Best of luck to your family mate!
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Just Got a good deal on a Tarago Mon, 15 March 2004 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good work nice deal sorted there!
Soarin
Regular

June 2002
Re: Just Got a good deal on a Tarago Mon, 15 March 2004 22:22 Go to previous message
Is that how much Taragos go for now Shocked guess my parents wouldn't wanna fork out that much on a van again Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:11.80 sec at 120 mph AE86 Coooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic:Much raved action pictures :)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:05:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042660236358643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.