Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 16 March 2004 08:51 Go to next message
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in my ra23. I dont really want to sell it but due to large uni debts and my daily needing a new engine i am considering letting my pride and joy go. The car has no rego and is not engineered. Engine itself is a late model(1988/89) with about 90,000 k's on it. Car has no rust and was sprayed about 2 years ago. Has 15 inch wheels with lowered suspension. If anyone is interested please let me know. Have spent a lot of time and a small fortune on it.

Cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 16 March 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any more info, mods and pics would be great thanks...

Brendon
Loki
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 16 March 2004 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also interested, pics and price would help heaps
also have the brakes been done

Cheers, Loki
Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 16 March 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the engine is standard and is still running the twin turbos. It has a standard ecu. exhaust is 2 1/4 inch, however it is not plumbed at at the moment. It is manual. Interior is black and has 3 rips in it, one on top of the back seat, one on the side of the drivers seat and one on the left door panel. It needs a new roof lining in it too. will have more pics soon

Attachment: DSCF0520.JPG
(Size: 76.38KB, Downloaded 248 time(s))

Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 16 March 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no the brakes havent been done, i havent had the car properly looked at by an engineer, but from what they have all said to me, i think all that needs to be done to the car now is the front brake upgrade and a fuel line needs to be replaced by a metal one.
Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne(with pics) Fri, 19 March 2004 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pics of the car. I am not sure what these cars are worth, i have seen some fetch heaps and some go for bananas, any reasonable offer will be considered

Attachment: CIMG0001.JPG
(Size: 84.97KB, Downloaded 192 time(s))
Attachment: CIMG0006.JPG
(Size: 86.14KB, Downloaded 142 time(s))
Attachment: CIMG0008.JPG
(Size: 83.48KB, Downloaded 128 time(s))

Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne (with pics) Tue, 23 March 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any1 interested?
julian
Regular

March 2004
icon5.gif  Re: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne (with pics) Tue, 23 March 2004 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will give you $600 cash for the ta23!

i would pick it A.S.A.P
peewee
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 23 March 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i really hope julian is trying to be funny........ but he's not
dattofiend
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 23 March 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would u consider a swap 4 mu datsun 1600? depeding on ur car i may also include a cash adjustment
Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 23 March 2004 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i need the cash to rebuild my engine on the daily so im not really interested in a trade. i want $5800 for the car
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 23 March 2004 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a part to play in the building of this machine. It's actually a pretty powerful beast, most impressive for what it is (as the specs suggest). well worth every bit money you'd put at it.
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Tue, 23 March 2004 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey are they 15" soarer wheels on the back?
T APLUS 22
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Wed, 24 March 2004 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any idea what is involoved in engineering/roadworthiness?
My cousin is very keen on a old-skool celica (after co-driving in mine), would need to know a few more things before going through with it.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 March 2004 01:11]

Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Wed, 24 March 2004 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Craigzee: i think they are MA61 rims on the back, the are only 14 inch

T APLUS 22: As far as the engineering goes, i have spoken to an engineer about the car but it has not been inspected. From what i can gather the car needs a metal feed line under the car as the current one is plastic efi hose. The front brakes will need to be upgraded. there is also the clearance issue with the twins on the steering box, but i have an adapter to go single turbo which i was going to use to solve that problem. As far as the actual roadworthyness of the car im to sure. i got a roadworthy ra23 in the back yard which was goin to be used for parts if i needed them.

If anybody else has any questions feel free to ask

Cheers
Testa_Dura
Regular

January 2004

Re: EOI: 1ggte RA23 celica in melbourne Mon, 29 March 2004 12:23 Go to previous message
Smile BUMP Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:fs: celica ra40 liftback
Next Topic:Datsun 1600 4 Sale - now with pics
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 21 21:21:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056111812591553 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.