Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Finding a mobile phone no?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
icon5.gif  Finding a mobile phone no? Wed, 17 March 2004 02:52 Go to next message
Just wondering if there is a way to find out someones mobile phone number, kinda like looking in a phone book?

In this case I know it'd be a prepaid mobile & i've got a fair idea of the carrier, are they able to give out details or do I have to go somewhere else?

No i'm not stalking anyone Razz Thanks for any help you can give...
  Send a private message to this user    
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Wed, 17 March 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

a mobile phone is like a regular number

you have the option of listing it in the whitepages or not

unfortunately thats the only place you'll find a list... the phone companies won't help

you know the privacy act and all that

the chances of a pre-paid being listed would be slim

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Wed, 17 March 2004 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, yeah that's what I thought... The number is a pre-paid and definately isn't listed so my chances are slim to zero...

Oh well I might try the carrier anyway Very Happy Maybe I can sweet talk my way into getting the number outta them...
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Wed, 17 March 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C'mon, no-one knows a way to get a no. Confused

Ok i'm trying the carrier tomorrow, failing that i'll be forced to take a trip into the Sutherland shire... Lookout boys & gals!
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Wed, 17 March 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's great having an ex-girlfriend working for vodafone Razz
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Wed, 17 March 2004 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Wed, 17 March 2004 17:14

Thanks, yeah that's what I thought... The number is a pre-paid and definately isn't listed so my chances are slim to zero...

Oh well I might try the carrier anyway Very Happy Maybe I can sweet talk my way into getting the number outta them...

um ... i think what you're asking would breach privacy laws and probably even federal telecomunication laws...

have you tried searching for a landline phone number? or a third party to pass on a note?
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Wed, 17 March 2004 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 00:25

um ... i think what you're asking would breach privacy laws and probably even federal telecomunication laws...

have you tried searching for a landline phone number? or a third party to pass on a note?

Landline is not available (checked white pages) & no third parties available which leaves me with the mobile option...

Fact is I have two previous mobile no's (no longer connected), last contact was through my work switchboard but since I no longer work there I haven't a chance...

I know they've moved recently & i'm keen to get in touch...
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe you should just...you know...take the hint!! Very Happy

Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 14:07

Laughing What hint? She called me a few days ago just before I quit my job, in fact it was her who traced me through my work switchboard... Now was that a hint or what?

TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 17:40

lumpy wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 14:07

Laughing What hint? She called me a few days ago just before I quit my job, in fact it was her who traced me through my work switchboard... Now was that a hint or what?

Well if you really wanna find her, at work they should have a record that comes with the phone bill from recived calls, i know the old place i used to work did!
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke70_3SGTE wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 18:34

Well if you really wanna find her, at work they should have a record that comes with the phone bill from recived calls, i know the old place i used to work did!

Yeah i'd do that if it weren't for the fact i'm not allowed onsite at work (long story..) Should've checked I had the right number last time we talked, oh well live & learn I guess.

I think i'm just going to go meet her in person & take my chances Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 18 March 2004 07:42]

boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heart
TokenBlackGuy
Forums Junkie

February 2004
      wtf is jabber
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Conquest wrote on Thu, 18 March 2004 18:41

I think i'm just going to go meet her in person & take my chances Wink

How you gonna do that if you cant contact her! Laughing
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have my ways Evil or Very Mad Nah i'll just go meet her at her work...

The story is she's an ex-girlfriend who went overseas for an extended stay living & working abroad... When I got her call the other week I was kinda shocked since we didn't exactly part on the best of terms but she's been on my mind ever since I spoke to her...

So while i'd love to catch up with her i'd rather talk to her first before meeting face to face. I'm a little apprehensive about what's happened in the past & what her intentions are, whether she wants friendship, romance or whatever...

Dunno why i'm saying all this but hopefully you'll understand where i'm coming from & why I need that damn number...

clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Thu, 18 March 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just go for it. If she's not receptive the she probably wouldn't be over the phone either. Depends on the signs she showed when she called.

Just tell her, you lost job, didn't have/couldn't get number.

All will be good if it's meant to be good.
SetMeFree
Forums Junkie

December 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Fri, 19 March 2004 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awwww now that is cute Razz good luck with it dude.....
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Fri, 19 March 2004 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so you know where she works??? cant you get the number through her work? or just ring her work and ask for her???
Conquest
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Finding a mobile phone no? Sat, 20 March 2004 13:35 Go to previous message
clubagreenie, thanks for one of the best answers i've received on Toymods Wink

The initial call was positive Very Happy She wanted to know if I was seeing anyone & made a point of saying she was single Wink So unless she was fishing I think she was pretty genuine in her call...

EVOSTi, She works in the hospitality industry (bar waitress) & from what I understand personal calls are a definate no-no. But since I can blend in as a customer I have a chance Smile No loss of face Laughing But we'll see come mid next week...

EDIT: Spelling & grammar...

[Updated on: Sun, 21 March 2004 12:39]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:got rice?
Next Topic:what should i do?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:47:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045859813690186 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.