Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Will this setup work (please read)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 10:23 Go to next message
i'm wondering if this would work, and what peoples thoughts and improvements could be. would the coolant flow sufficeintly? Note this is a 3s-fe, using a CT-26, and ST205 oil cooler. The thick black lines are the proposed coolant lines.

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/452000-452999/452064_44.jpg

[Updated on: Tue, 16 March 2004 10:27]

Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr... theres nothing pulling/pushing the water through those coolant lines Confused
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what could i do then?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If the water pump is anything like the one on the 3S-GTE it should have an extra outlet on the back of it.
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i had seen the GTE one with the extra outlet, but was hoping i could use my original pump.

so would what i do is move the coolant line between radiator and water pump onto an extra outlet on the water pump? will this do?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry I dont understand. Does the 3F-SE have an extra outlet on the pump?
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no, but i suppose i could get a GTE water pump.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be best. So on your engine, where do the water lines for the heater attach to?
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just plumb into a coolant fitting off the head or block. find a gallery plug, go to pirtek, and get a hose made up. drill and tap your own line into a gallery. could also divert/split heater hoses etc etc
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed_ma61 wrote on Tue, 16 March 2004 21:12

could also divert/split heater hoses etc etc

Exactly what I was thinking.
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the line goes from the heater to round in front of the engine and connects to the water pump. (sorry i'm proabably not making sense, too tired from work).

what about this idea

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/452000-452999/452064_45.jpg

sorry guys you'll have to work with me here, i dont know too much as you can tell.
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Tue, 16 March 2004 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The setup in your first drawing is correct as long as the line connected to the water pump side is tapped into the pipe that you say comes from the heater , the water flow direction is opposite to your arrows , The water is pushed out at the housing where the top radiator hose connects and drawn in at the thermostat housing , In your second drawing the outlet water from the turbo will be drawn thought the cooler .

Trevor
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Wed, 17 March 2004 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tapping into the heater hose or water bypass hose next to it is no problem for supply to the cooler and turbo, but what i was worried about was the hot coolant after going through these things, so was trying to get this coolant to go back into the main system before the radiator, so this hot coolant could be cooled down.

i'm more of a picture person, if someone would be so kind as to do a quick sketch in paint (like above) of how i should route the system, i would be most grateful Smile.
jinxinferno
Regular

February 2004
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Wed, 17 March 2004 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im afraid i cant offer much help on the subject, but i am interested as to what sort of turbo you are/have hooking up to the 3S-FE and what sort of boost you have it set at
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Thu, 18 March 2004 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've got a CT26 twin entry off a 185 celica. on the othrwise stock engine, i wont be boosting (i hope Confused) any more than about 7psi. go here for more info

http://www.cardomain.com/id/crazy_camry
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Fri, 19 March 2004 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so would the second idea work if i rerouted the turbo's coolant return line somewhere else? where could i put it so it could still go through the radiator and be cooled down?

A quick schematic would help me a lot Wink

P.S. do you guys have any websites that i could read up that covers this type of stuff?
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: Will this setup work (please read) Sat, 20 March 2004 04:05 Go to previous message
http://board.performanceforums.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=767971

i had someone come up with this idea, and he said it would bypass the thermostat, what will that do?. is the hot coolant coming out of turbo, and not going through the radiator not a problem? if so, can i get coolant from the water bypass pipe (goes under the exhaust manifold, same as on the GTE's), and then return the coolant into the heater pipe next to the bypass pipe under the manifold? i can get a small cooler and plumb that into the system to help cool down the coolant before it goes into the heater pipe (or the radiator hose, just if i can use the heater pipe, it would be simpler). the 5s-fe oil cooler uses this arrangement (with bypass and heater pipe), but would it be okay for the turbo as well?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:T-18 & AE71 front inter-changeable?
Next Topic:How do I tell if my oil pump is alright?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 02:09:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049071311950684 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.