Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
moemoe
Occasional Poster

March 2004
icon14.gif  FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 11 March 2004 11:34 Go to next message
Watanabe RS8 Wheels 15x6.5 2 piece, black spokes and polished outer rim, come with SSR valve caps. Offset to suit ae86 and s13 (+34 and 4x114.3), looking for offers, nothing ridiculous i know what they're worth Cool. They come with some crappy tyres in the 195/50/15 variety, I will consider a swap of wheels, i'm after some 16x7 or 16x8 jap old skool style dish rims, like ssr's or something must suit s13 though, Here's some pics:

http://home.iprimus.com.au/amjad_ali/w1.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/amjad_ali/w2.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 11 March 2004 12:01]

Send a private message to this user    
zac510
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 11 March 2004 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, whereabouts are you located?
moemoe
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 11 March 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in western sydney, make me an offer
zac510
Occasional Poster

October 2002

Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 11 March 2004 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah sorry, I would like to see the wheels in person. Thanks!
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 11 March 2004 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zac i will be in sydney over easter so if these are still f/s im happy to go pick them up for you

ab
SPRINTAH!
Regular

January 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Fri, 12 March 2004 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$350?

is that the kind of ballpark you are in?

i may be interested and i go out west quite a bit so could i come round and have a look. pm me your details and ill come round, possibly over the weekend.

i thought correct offset for AE86 was around +20

are you sure these will fit a sprinter?

thanks

lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Fri, 12 March 2004 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think there worth a touch more than that

but ill let the seller answer Smile
mr_gpcorsa
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Fri, 12 March 2004 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill pay $150 firm Smile
86drift
Regular

October 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Fri, 12 March 2004 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_gpcorsa wrote on Fri, 12 March 2004 20:22

ill pay $150 firm Smile

WTF dude in the last 2 minutes ive read 4 of youre posts with FUKN rediculous prices offered -including the other forums ive seen you trolling on, the silvia club doesnt want youre shit either - youre wasting youre time and everyone elses-you rarely find bargains here as everything is rare- so if youre gonna be a cheap ass look elsewhere........
moemoe
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Fri, 12 March 2004 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF 350 150?, dudes they are worth more than that, there's 4 of them. I'm looking at about 1100

[Updated on: Fri, 12 March 2004 12:28]

wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sat, 13 March 2004 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$1,100 is a good price. If I didn't have a set of 16" already I'd be snapping these up. As for offset... The AE-86 does prefer something with a little more dish. Shouldn't matter with 6.5" though. Good luck with the sale man.
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sat, 13 March 2004 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

$1,100 is a good price.

It's the blind leading the blind, really.
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sat, 13 March 2004 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no actually that is about what you will pay for watanabe's
justinfox
Regular

September 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sat, 13 March 2004 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That offset sounds so wrong for an AE86 but at least you are in Sydney. Can you PM me your number/name/address please? With your help I would like to test fit them to one side of the car, if they look great I will take them.
mr_gpcorsa
Newcomer

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sat, 13 March 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No need to cry to me,If u wanted a tissue go to franklins thats what there for!

AS for you comment,You directly! How would you know whats rare and whats not? And besides you be amazed on how many people give in on a lower amount because they need what ever cash they need.. No hard in trying is there?

If you ever bite back at someone watch what you say before you speak!
moemoe
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sat, 13 March 2004 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be wrong for an ae86, i'm not sure, i'm merely saying what i was told when i bought them initially, however i do know 100% that they fit an s13, as for you gpcorsa, ahh the cheap "go get some tissues you crybaby" comeback obviously the only statements you can make are tightarse and ridiculous offers and cheap comebacks, btw i'm in no rush to sell these and will not give into a price lower than what their worth. I know they are RARE because they are quite hard to find and sell really quickly, if you dont believe me ask anyone here.

I'm just amazed at what you've offered me, how could you not expect me to get offended by that offer, they are genuine WATANABE 2 piece wheels, what you've offered me is a price that is commonly charged for 5 spoke cheap AUSCAR mags as common as chips, i think you need to stop wasting other people's time with ridiculous offers. The rest of you guys, i'm very busy atm, so i'll have to get back to you on when i'm available. I'll send you guys a PM, thanks everyone.

[Updated on: Sat, 13 March 2004 12:02]

7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sun, 14 March 2004 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

no actually that is about what you will pay for watanabe's

That's what I will pay for Watanabes? I think you'd be sadly disappointed, I would not pay anything like that for a set - in fact I'd be hard pressed to pay that much for shitty old wheels of any description.

I don't mean to shitcan the thread, but I'm not going to let some kid pay $1100 for a set of wheels are are, on a good day, worth about half that. Half the problem is that one person pays a price for a set of wheels, and all of a sudden everyone thinks that's what they're worth. Sure, there are people out there with too much money and no brains, that doesn't mean that what they have paid is a reasonable price... and unfortunately if more then one person has been dudded then they band together to defend themselves and then suddenly it seems like they are the majority when there are really only an handful.

A good mate paid $450 for a set of (yes, genuine) Watanabes with tyres from an importer about 6 months ago in perfect condition. I personally was offered a set for a similar price from another importer in the last few months, but being in a Sprinter offset they didn't suit my car so I let them go.

In fact a mate paid something like $700-$800 for a set of 17x8" and 17x9" Work wheels (again, genuine) for his car... given the size and the equally 'upmarket' brand I think that $400-$500 for a set of the hallowed Watanabes seems more than reasonable.

Hell for $1100 I could have a set of Minilites (sp?) in any size up to 16x7" and any offset I want absolutely brand new. I know which I'd prefer!

[Updated on: Sun, 14 March 2004 00:51]

Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Sun, 14 March 2004 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M-Brisbane wrote on Sun, 14 March 2004 11:13A good mate paid [b

$450[/b] for a set of (yes, genuine) Watanabes with tyres from an importer about 6 months ago in perfect condition.

I was going to agree with you for a second there but I then noticed that this site (http://home.iprimus.com.au/jverban/)it says per pair not set. So it does look like $1100 for 4 of them, I always though it was $550 per set but I was wrong. Definately not doubting you because that site is really my only reference for Watanabes and havent seen them up for sale before.
moemoe
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Mon, 15 March 2004 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will reply to everyone shortly, i'm just very busy atm with uni and work. Sorry guys, didnt see it coming.
wraith
Regular

October 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 18 March 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Racing Service Watanabe RS8-
Spun Aluminium Outer
Cast Magnesium Alloy Centre
Light.
I like them, I'm prepared to pay for what I like.
So $1,100 is a good price.
If you disagree, why don't you buy those cheap ones and sell them for heaps here? If you don't have something constructive to say, why don't you crawl back to whatever cesspit you oozed out of?

Just my 2c

Oh, yeah, BTW, if you can get hold of Watanabes so cheap, you want to find me a set of outers to suit AE-86 offset? Cheers.
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 18 March 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for watanabe's with a sprinter offset this site usually has a set or two... the prices aren't too bad either.
http://www.importbitz.com/wheels.htm
EGG80X
Regular

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 18 March 2004 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boy i wish it was 4x100pcd
or i would have grab them off u
rollin
Regular

December 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 18 March 2004 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont mean to be such a noob, but whats so good about watanabe's ?? i know thier really popular amongst the drifters but do they really make a difference ?? if so i might buy my friends set ... exactly the same as this i think ...

btw good luck with the sale dude ...
garyskl
Regular

November 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Tue, 23 March 2004 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they r light weight...just like volk TE37 3.5kg for a 14 x 6.5....compare this to a original 13 on sprinter, then u will know a different
garyskl
Regular

November 2003
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Tue, 23 March 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
moemoe
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Thu, 22 July 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are now on auction anyone interested may place a bid here:

Watanabe RS8 on Ebay

Please DONT use PM or any form of toymods communication method, best to use the "Ask seller a question" service available on ebay.
moemoe
Occasional Poster

March 2004
Re: FS: Watanabe RS8 Tue, 27 July 2004 00:11 Go to previous message
bumpage
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:W58 Gearbox - from ma61 supra
Next Topic:BA Falcon ute Open diff
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-